[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I installed 4.0.5m GregTech on new 1.6.4 DireWolf20 pack from FTB launcher.
    Solo game is alright. New Greg's recipes work properly.
    But with server play I have this:

Similar situation with planks or sticks. Recipe shows me that it will be 2 planks/sticks as it should be with GregTech, but in time I take them from result section there become 4 of them.
    How can i fix that?

• I installed 4.0.5m GregTech on new 1.6.4 DireWolf20 pack from FTB launcher.
    Solo game is alright. New Greg's recipes work properly.
    But with server play I have this:

Similar situation with planks or sticks. Recipe shows me that it will be 2 planks/sticks as it should be with GregTech, but in time I take them from result section there become 4 of them.
    How can i fix that?

The Server isn't configured to use Greg's recipe changes. Your client shows the changes to be in effect, but the server thinks they aren't, and the server is what matters.
    To fix: get the GregTech config files used by the server.

• Dear Greg,

Please stop pretending Natura woods don't exist. I know you and mDiyo don't like eachother, but it's a rather annoying inconsistency...

If you want, you can always put it in the config files. Then you can just say it's the player's decision.

Regards
    Abculatter_2

• mDiyo specifically requested that Greg not touch his stuff; all items added by Tinkers Construct and Natura are blacklisted from Greg's OreDictionary sweep. Bug the TiC team if you want compatibility (which you won't get because they're pretty well entrenched in their "GregTech is an incompatible mod" position...)

• # for proper wood nerfing add additional wood block types here in the format id:meta. separate blocks using ';'. wildcard for metadata: '*'
    normally.unsupported.woodtypes=

It's a good idea.

• Hi

Im using Gregtech on a 1.6.4 minecraft server and i love the new stuff.
    But I have a question about Ethanol:

I can get 32kEU/cell in a diesel gen or 128kEU/cell in a forestry bio generator. Now thats a huuge diference and seeing as the bio generator is much cheaper i dont really understand it.
    BUT there is a "problem" with the forestry bio generator: It uses up the cells!

My question: Is this why I can get so much out of the Bio Generator? because it "uses" tin? Or is the whole thing a bug/unintended?

Id love the idea of a totally renewable (no tin needed) power source through ethanol so i looked at forestry cans made from beeswax, now with that I could build a renewable Energy Setup. Problem is that the bottler uses up the cells as well and I cant put beeswax cans in the GT Destillation Tower.

Question: Is this intended?

If not I'd like to request that the Destillation Tower would be able to fill beeswax cans or an additional machine to empty cells and fill beeswax cans without having the cells destroyed.

Just some thoughts I wanted to share ... if you dont feel like it makes sense then I will understand.

Thanks

Chrys

• mDiyo specifically requested that Greg not touch his stuff; all items added by Tinkers Construct and Natura are blacklisted from Greg's OreDictionary sweep. Bug the TiC team if you want compatibility (which you won't get because they're pretty well entrenched in their "GregTech is an incompatible mod" position...)

Not to mention that Natura Wood isn't even registered at the OreDict. At least it wasn't last time I got a report for that before the shit happened.

I thought Sengir nerfed it recently, and I adjusted to that. I guess that was just for the Combustion-Engines (or it was just a decreased amount of Ethanol per Biomass). I will buff it back to 128k.

Can someone tell me the Biomass->Ethanol Ratio? Like how much Biomass is needed in Forestry to get 1 Ethanol.

And that with the Cells being reverible is a GregTech-Only thing, because I have a Utility Function for getting Container Items (so that I don't call the getContainerItem() Function directly), and said Utility has also some "hacks" (not really hacks) to return Empty Cells and damaged IC² Tools (Forge Hammer and Cutter) for things, which actually don't have Container Items. (Guess how I fixed the IC² Tools in my Workbenches).

Oh, and wasting the Tin off Cells is NEVER intended within GT, I even have an Error Message if a GT Recipe, which wastes/creates IC²-Cells is being added (just a Log Message, no Crash), if there is no Tin involved in that Recipe (So that assembling Tin Cells out of Tin won't Log an Error Message, and neither Centrifuging Lava Cells).

H8ters gonna h8.

Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight, Eight. I love that Button XD

• Forestry Biomass:Ethanol (in the Still) is a 10:3 conversion. (10L Biomass -> 3L Ethanol) (approximately 3.3 -> 1)
    It can also be done much less efficiently in a Buildcraft Refinery, at a 4:1 conversion.

Not sure of the MJ/t consumed by each of these reactions.

-A. H. / Paladin One
    <entity>, Feed The Beast Wiki
    Order is Progress

The post was edited 2 times, last by PaladinOne: I've edited this like 17 times already; it's 4am and my brain isn't working right -_- ().

• Follow-up:
    Forestry 2.3.0.4 reduced the fuel values of Ethanol and Biomass to 1/4th of their previous values. (This was related to the Buildcraft Oil/Fuel burn value nerfs.) Ethanol was 128k EU/Bucket in the Foresty Bio Generator before the nerf, but I believe your Diesel Generator had Ethanol cells valued at 32k EU/Bucket.
    2.3.0.4 and later, Ethanol is now worth 32k EU/Bucket in the Bio Generator, and Biomass is worth 8k EU/Bucket.

• Follow-up:
    Forestry 2.3.0.4 reduced the fuel values of Ethanol and Biomass to 1/4th of their previous values. (This was related to the Buildcraft Oil/Fuel burn value nerfs.) Ethanol was 128k EU/Bucket in the Foresty Bio Generator before the nerf, but I believe your Diesel Generator had Ethanol cells valued at 32k EU/Bucket.
    2.3.0.4 and later, Ethanol is now worth 32k EU/Bucket in the Bio Generator, and Biomass is worth 8k EU/Bucket.

How much did they nerf Buildcraft Oil/Fuel?

• I thought Sengir nerfed it recently, and I adjusted to that. I guess that was just for the Combustion-Engines (or it was just a decreased amount of Ethanol per Biomass). I will buff it back to 128k.

Follow-up:

Ah I see ...
    Sorry for the post then, I must be playing an old version of Forestry without noticing ... Thanks anyways.

chrys

• Quick question about steel. To make steel you need an industrial blast furnace, but to make an industrial blast furnace you need steel. Sorry if this is a noob question ^_^

Also NEI shows that vanilla shears can be smelted for steel. Not sure if that's a recipe error caused by GregTech or by NEI.

• Quick question about steel. To make steel you need an industrial blast furnace, but to make an industrial blast furnace you need steel. Sorry if this is a noob question ^_^

Also NEI shows that vanilla shears can be smelted for steel. Not sure if that's a recipe error caused by GregTech or by NEI.

There is a bronze blast furnace.

• Ah thanks, quite a lot of bronze needed for that ^_^

Is there any way to use vanilla flint and steel recipe? I have checked configs a few times so either it's not there or I'm blind.

• The recipes for iTNT and TNT differ from NEI... it takes 4 sand instead of 1, and 3 TNT instead of 1.

Also, first 1337 post.

• The recipes for iTNT and TNT differ from NEI... it takes 4 sand instead of 1, and 3 TNT instead of 1.

Also, first 1337 post.

NEI Bug. 100% NEI Bug. Every WildcardMeta Item or Block has stacksize 1 for no reason. Bug Chickenbones to fix it.

• Small question on my part but Greg does the distillation tower still extract fuel from oil type ores from Traincraft? I remember you saying something about this a year ago with an update that if you don't have buildcraft installed you can use another source to get oil/fuel from another mod.