[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Running into an issue using advanced solar panels mod. some of the materials to craft it require IC2 iron plates but when I'm crafting them using a hammer I get railcraft plates. I can't remember or see which line I need to disable that, would someone be so kind as to point out what I should be looking for in the config?

I just checked mine and Railcraft plates definitely work. Try updating Advanced Solar Panels or something, because it definitely works on mine.

• I've been playing with Direwolf20+Gregtech with no issues. Just updated to the new release of DW20 and suddenly *BAM*, ID conflicts :S

The crashlog simply gives the usual "don't be stupid and post item ID errors" gregtech message about conflicting ID's, so naturally I have no clue what ID(s) actually need to be changing... So, how do I go about finding which ID's are an issue? Is it something to do with the following blocks from the GT config? :

block {
    I: Block=4058
    I: Block2=4057
    I: LightSource=4061
    I: Machine=4059
    I: Ore=4060
    I: Stone1=4062
    }

Is there a way to get GT to show ID conflicts in crash reports like most mods do? Would debug mode do that?

---edit---
    Don't mind the spaces after the ":" in the above code, changed that in my post so it would stop replacing with smileys... 8|

• Is forge not generating an IDconflict.txt?

• Nope, it's not even generating an IDConflict file, but I found a long list of item ID's in the ForgeModLoader-client-0.log that have conflicts. So far as I can tell they are all 'item ID' conflicts though, so I'm not sure if I found anything useful...Are item ID conflicts reassigned automatically as the game initializes? I know block ID's have to be assigned manually to avoid crashes... What has me confused is that there are a lot of item conflicts that the game loads just fine without posting, but with GT installed, it simply crashes.

Anyways, here's my conflict list (in case it's useful):

So it looks like quite a handful of mods are overlapping here, way to go FTB :sleeping:

---edit---
    Sorry for all the edits, had a hell of a time getting the spoiler tag to work properly for whatever reason...

Also, I just went through the config and changed all of the conflicting ID's, but apparently the numbers I chose were out of bounds...does anyone know off the top of their head what the item array index range is?

The post was edited 12 times, last by Chorolus ().

• Turn the Greg bringing beacon back on!

Also anyone got any idea where the rumors on the FTB forum that Gregtech is incompatible with experimental IC2 came from?

Hmm? Yeah, because FTB was using an older version of IC2 EXP, so it didn't work.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• The crashes don't happen for everyone (me), but testing rushed a little faster than they intended because Lex coded up an interim solution to the 1.6 problem before their new new distant future launcher. I did get a crash from Ars Magica 2, but it's entirely on Mithion's end.

They do have universal configs for GT. There are currently no pack in the works with it, but it should be a cinch to add it. The eventual magical launcher release is supposed to have much better support for private packs, but I'm not sure how far out that is. I'll be condensing my modpack into a private pack on said magic FTB launcher.

This doesn't preclude an official pack from having GT in the future.

Chorolus, did you unzip the GT configs file they were including on the google drive for their universal configs, or did you have GT gen it's own? They may have also started including the GT block ID file without zipping it in a recent version.

• Didn't realize there was a universal config available...do you have the URL for that?

Also, just downloaded IC2 2.0.333 (again) to test with and nothing is able to see it (including Compact Solars and GregTech), keep getting errors that IC2 isn't installed...dafuq?

• forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-master-configs.35354/

So yeah, I just looked. They started including the BlockItemIDs.cfg and DynamicConfig.cfg without having them hidden in a .zip, so your old IDs conflicted after the universal overwrote your old.

• By the way, the 1.6 Mindcrack pack will not have GT.
    Unfortunately.

Where did you hear that, exactly? I thought they weren't going to make another Mindcrack pack for a while, the mindcrackers have been awfully busy on their current vanilla server, I don't think there's a need for one.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-master-configs.35354/

So yeah, I just looked. They started including the BlockItemIDs.cfg and DynamicConfig.cfg without having them hidden in a .zip, so your old IDs conflicted after the universal overwrote your old.

Sweet, that did the trick. Thanks for that :thumbup:

Everything I changed the itemID's to kept coming back as 'outofbounds' even when I started using values that were less then the default. Was and am completely baffled by that, but hey...it's working now so who cares...back to Minecrafty'ing 8o

• Where did you hear that, exactly? I thought they weren't going to make another Mindcrack pack for a while, the mindcrackers have been awfully busy on their current vanilla server, I don't think there's a need for one.

Baj told me.

@People above

I don't care about having a mod pack to play, I care about GregTech gaining popularity and more people playing with it.

• I am using Gregtech 404l with direwolf20 1.6.2 but the mass fabricator is still there and I cant see the matter fab in NEI or creative? how do I fix this

• I am using Gregtech 404l with direwolf20 1.6.2 but the mass fabricator is still there and I cant see the matter fab in NEI or creative? how do I fix this

Nothing to fix. As of 1.6.2, the Matter Fabricator no longer exists, as the Mass Fabricator was redone and made more balanced.
    The Mass Fabricator does, however, use the old Matter Fabricator recipe.

• What has me confused is that there are a lot of item conflicts that the game loads just fine without posting, but with GT installed, it simply crashes.

It's a feature of GT that Item ID conflicts crash the game. it's not totally necessary, but imagine having an ID conflict in your Applied Energistics System or other automation, things break, itementities go everywhere, huge lag. Or Autocrafting suddenly crafts all your nice iron ingots into iron bars.

• Since my last question kinda drowned here, I´m going to ask again: It seems that it is no longer possible to macerate Railcrafts quarried
    and abyssal stone into marble and basalt dust. Is this wad?

• Okay, so, here are my ideas for GT OpenComputers recipes: