[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Hey Greg,

Despite the stir caused by some... "recent events", we're planning on releasing GregTech alongside Tinker's Construct in a modpack that I'm working on - Test Pack Please Ignore - the official Feed The Beast Reddit modpack. In it, we didn't want to disable TiC fortune-autosmelting, because it's a pretty central feature of some of the tools, so we put in the time to remove all of the potentially exploitable blocks from the smelting list in your config.

My question is, now that we've done this and there's no longer an exploit present, could a config option be added to GregTech to disable the warning that pops up on world load? I don't want users of the pack to be alarmed.

Thanks,
    -wha-ha-ha

• Oh, you mean that Warning (both sides have put seperate Warnings about the same Issue), I forgot that one was still in there. I'll remove it (in the next Version, but I just released a Version so it could take a Day or two), since it is no longer needed, because of mDiyos continuous Efforts to make things incompatible.

Edit: I wonder how long it takes Sunstrike to realize that his "Invisibility" doesn't work against Forum Moderators. Sorry but I can't turn "see Invisible People" off while I am logged in, so I am forced to see you even if I am not interessted in that. I thought you might wanna know that for the Future.

• Edit: I wonder how long it takes Sunstrike to realize that his "Invisibility" doesn't work against Forum Moderators. Sorry but I can't turn "see Invisible People" off while I am logged in, so I am forced to see you even if I am not interessted in that. I thought you might wanna know that for the Future.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise looking at public pages linked by people in IRC was a crime now. I'll bear this in mind.

Edited: Typo.

• Quick Update, and I was too lazy to not change the Version Number back to 4.05u to make it a Ninja Update.

V4.05v:
    Fixed forgetting to set Materials.Enderium to Blast Furnace Only. It is also 3000 to not easyly break the TE-Tech-Tree.
    Removed that warning above. Turned out it didnt take me "1-2 Days" to remove that one, since I found another serious inbalance, see Line above. XD

Edit:
    It isnt a Crime, but I thought you thought, that your Invisibility should have the purpose of me not seeing you, since you turned Invisible right after I mentioned it the first time. :P

• I come bearing a request from the noblest of lemmings...
    KingLemming himself!

"Tell him to also remove line 74 in the GT_ConnectionHandler.class as well please. I won't go posting it here, but suffice it to say that particular line is basically why this is a thing"

The post was edited 1 time, last by DrRed ().

• Alright, let's get this solved once and for all.

Greg, please remove the world-corrupting code in your ConnectionHandler that only affects 3 specific people, mDiyo being one of them. (Line 74, forcing a Tessellator redraw, which during a world load forever ruins it.) And no, I don't make a habit of going through peoples' code - I made an exception this time since an assertion was made that you were doing this.

So, I apologize for that and I won't make a habit of it. Even so, please remove the crash code.

mDiyo, let's tone the language down a bit and ensure the popup only happens once. It's fair to say "We won't field bug reports if you have GT installed." It's a bit slanted in its current state, however.

• that's what i like about you :D being constructive and also giving the direct solution to problems :D

• mDiyo, let's tone the language down a bit and ensure the popup only happens once. It's fair to say "We won't field bug reports if you have GT installed." It's a bit slanted in its current state, however.

Indeed. Every time is a bad idea. This should be more palatable... hopefully.

• Indeed. Every time is a bad idea. This should be more palatable... hopefully.

he doesnt change how the oredict works. also calling him a "non-positive member" is kinda childish. the first reason can be taken as valid

EDIT: really? again 145 viewers... what will they do xd

• Indeed. Every time is a bad idea. This should be more palatable... hopefully.

There must be some pretty crazy shit going on in your head for it to make sense to provide an end-user warning about another mod author being mean.

Edit: mDiyo , regardless of what a lot of people around here are obviously going to say, you have a legitimate complaint about Greg's oredict expectations. However, that's not a complaint that needs to be aired to the mod users. The only part of this that the users need to be aware of is that gregtech causes changes to some other mods and that you won't provide support in an environment with GT installed. It's entirely unprofessional to force your users to read through complaints about the oredict issue which only affects modders or greg's general conduct.

• he doesnt change how the oredict works. also calling him a "non-positive member" is kinda childish. the first reason can be taken as valid

EDIT: really? again 145 viewers... what will they do xd

Yea, remove the non positive member thing, and the ore dictionary thing. Also make sure this message only appears once, instead of all logins.

• Does this code effect mod packs with both GT and TiC installed? Or is this only for certain people. I would like to know because I use a custom modpack with both these mods installed and I would hate to have my world ruined because these two authors can't come to an agreement.

• Does this code effect mod packs with both GT and TiC installed? Or is this only for certain people. I would like to know because I use a custom modpack with both these mods installed and I would hate to have my world ruined because these two authors can't come to an agreement.

I assume it won't affect you unless you are one of the three people.