[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• NEI is your friend, but make sure you can craft a drill first, cause it is required, a scanner, mining pipes.

Mine is just sitting around taking space, until I can craft a drill.

Wait, the advanced miner needs a drill since when? 0_o

Do you mean the normal miner? The advanced miner is a pretty recent addition to the experimental builds. It only really requires a scanner to work, but unlike the miner it's made from pretty expensive machinery(a teleporter and an MFE amongst them). When given a redstone signal it scans a large square below it (the size depends on whether you use an OD or OV scanner) block by block all the way down to bedrock, much like the buildcraft quarry sans huge construct, and digs any eligible blocks. I say eligible blocks because unlike the quarry it has a whitelist/blacklist functionality built in. So, if you blacklist dirst, stone, gravel and maybe the granites, it can dig an area of resources without defacing it. It'll also mostly waste small amounts of energy for each block scanned while keeping the larger energy consumption for actually digging blocks relatively low if used that way. Lastly, overclockers seem to speed it up without increasing the energy cosumed per block, though I could be horribly wrong on this point.

Edit: Nonotan and his ninja ways... WHY ARE YOU SO HELPFUL DAMN IT?

The post was edited 1 time, last by okaolias: added "all the way down to bedrock" ().

• Try getting rid of MCcapes AND optifine.

• Industrial Centrifuge (4), Plate Cutting Machine (4). Centrifuge is mandatory for obvious reasons. Plate cutter = Ruby Plates = Mining Laser. Without BC quarries (or equivalent) or sufficient EU generation to run an advanced miner, the mining laser is your best friend when hand-mining. The Low-Focus mode only consumes 100 EU per shot!

Thanks for the tip, I think I have enough EU for the Adv. Miner, about 30+ tanks of BC refined oil going to 4 diesel generators and additional thermal generator. But the laser could be fun too.

• GT uses any 1.6.2 or 1.6.4 Forge. Both are compatible. Also Forge should not be an Issue at all, if there is an Issue then it is either NEI or it is not an Issue, since there is no actual Recipe in the Game (since I removed and replaced some Recipes).

No mod, just Gregtech, and the cape should appear when Greg adds it to the list. If he has, try closing and re-opening the game.

Indeed, but since you, according to your PM, gave me the wrong Username (the Forum Name instead of the MC Name), you got ofcourse no Cape.

Note: If anyone doesn't receive a Cape right after the next GT Update after his Donation, then he sent me the wrong Name, or he is not connected to the Internet.

In the latest IC-Exp build, coalfuel and biofuel(IC) cells seem to have no use. I cannot use them in the canning machines to make fuel cans, and I can't burn them in the semifluid generator. In addition, it seems like there are no vanilla IC fuels for the semifluid, which I find rather strange.

Well, that will get fixed eventually. Or it will get removed and replaced by something better.

• My industrial grinder doesn't seem to be working with the internal fluid tank. If I put in a water cell, it processes fine, but it just sits there otherwise.

Edit: Broke and replaced it and it's working fine.

• If breaking and replacing it fixes it, it must be your mistake.

• So I've got IC2 and GregTech installed, and I don't have any recipes, or even the ability to build, many of the IC2 stuff (like the macerator and generator).
    If I take out GregTech it works fine, and I can build these things without a problem.
    I've gone into the config and disabled all the hardmode recipes, still doesn't work.
    I've also disabled the hidden recipe thing, and it still doesn't work.

Anyone have any other ideas?

• So I've got IC2 and GregTech installed, and I don't have any recipes, or even the ability to build, many of the IC2 stuff (like the macerator and generator).
    If I take out GregTech it works fine, and I can build these things without a problem.
    I've gone into the config and disabled all the hardmode recipes, still doesn't work.
    I've also disabled the hidden recipe thing, and it still doesn't work.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Generator should be craftable, but its recipe should have been changed, so that I don't know about.
    IC2 machines (macerator, etc) have mostly been replaced by the "Automatic _______" machines, which use the same recipes and have the same functions but are GT machines. (Also, they automatically try to output their products)
    edit 2: The Macerator recipe did get changed, but if you disabled "all the hardmode recipes" that shouldn't even be an issue...

Edit: Greg, I would like to formally request that a line be added to the Q/A regarding the replacement of Machines with Automatic Machines. Because this gets asked enough times that it should be there... Even though you added the automatic machines 7 months ago and people are still figuring things out

I think it might have been related to the steam upgrade/tank. Originally, I placed the grinder, added a steam pipe, and then the water pipe, and then the steam upgrade. The second time, I placed the upgraded grinder, then steam, then water, and it worked fine.

• What texture pack is that?

EDIT: Resource pack!

Well, he could've suffered from a weird bug; over here I've had all GT machines in a chunk randomly disconnect from all cables/pipes. This is server-side and is visible to all players. Unloading/reloading the chunk fixes it. I don't know how to reproduce this reliably (since I have no idea what causes it), which is why I haven't reported this bug already, but something similar could have happened to him.

• Are there any mods that it doesn't have support for?

You can see the supported mods here.

I'm running FTB Tech World 2 with a few mods added (namely GT and Thaumcraft) and the only mods I have that aren't textured (that I've seen so far) are Openblocks, Thaumic Tinkerer, and Big Reactors. I've got all of Reika's mods disabled though (Rotary/ReactorCraft).

• GT uses any 1.6.2 or 1.6.4 Forge. Both are compatible. Also Forge should not be an Issue at all, if there is an Issue then it is either NEI or it is not an Issue, since there is no actual Recipe in the Game (since I removed and replaced some Recipes).

@Greg and Nonotan (since he was helping before):

Here are the logs for my instance
    Greg
    Forge
    ModList

They were to big for pastebin, sry. Well greg that's unfortunate, as I'm unable to see the recipes for any of your machines, including the advanced IC2 versions, the Bronze machines, or any of the multi-block parts or advanced processing machines, even the GregComputer. There is no crash or errors shown, simply no dialog appears when pressing 'R' in NEI or by clicking on the object with NEI in recipe mode. They're all blank in CraftingManager so even if I enable them they still don't show a recipe in NEI. That sucks but since it works without I'll have to assume it's not an NEI issue. If you guys can tease anything out of the logs that would be great but I wasn't able to see anything showing failures or anything obvious like that. Here's hoping a solution can be found.

• Downgrade NEI, Chickenbones did something again. I personally use "NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.4" and it works perfectly (except for some Stacksizes not showing properly).