[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I don't see how that changes the dynamic of the game in any way except reduce storage clutter.

Because a 2m high object doesn't just stack to 64 like any other block. The door is a crucial object to living in a house, and they have violated its right to stack alone :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The door thing is they stack too much, 18 or 8 would make more sense, like signs. Enchanting is weird and looking to still be being changed and zombie mob grinders can now get emeralds from villages by trading rotten flesh for it.

The vanilla enchanting and villager trading systems are both absolute shit (seriously, try and get a silk touch pick vanilla, 15 attempts on average for iron, god help you if you try to get a book). Villagers in particular need to be redone, the current system just encourages shoving them into a lava pit to make room for more kids because most of the time they won't make sane trades.

• The first fixing happened after getting the misinformation about the Fuel Nerfs of BC, then I fixed my fix, and now the Values should be proper. I ofcourse increased the Fuel Value in my Generators aswell as changing the Distillation Tower to have said additional time needed. Not to mention that the Distillation Tower still has the Byproducts. ^^

I also found out that the Recipe is 100% divisible by 4, so I made the Values even (basically I made 12 Cells -> 4 Cells to 3 Cells -> 1 Cell and divided the Duration by 4 aswell)

Awesome this makes it worth less to use with boilers unless you have it overclocked multiple times.

• A Decent End farm can get you 2 double chests of enderpearls in an hour. That is a whole fuckton of emeralds.
    I do not like that change >.>

• oh greg, they introduced a damage system like yours (in teh tooltip)

They already had that in the F3+H Mode before I added it. I'm glad they have finally done that.

Gregtech 1.8, Door stacks set to one.

V4.07i:
    Door Stacksize set to 8, since unstackable Doors are just stupid (compared to Iron Blocks, Hoppers, Pistons and Anvils, which are stackable up to, what was it? Ahh yes 64)
    This is a fake Changelog, I didn't actually update GT right now.
    This doesnt mean that this Change is not going to happen, I already implemented it.

-----

The Problem with the new System is, that they havent balanced ANYTHING right now. It is just a big Testing thing, which Dinnerbone will nerf after a while.

But Lapis being renewable? NO! We don't have any other good Money for vanilla Servers then! Lapis was the best Material for that. (Diamonds are cheap as fuck, especially with renewable Diamond Tools/Armor)

And they fucked up the regeneration of Trades royally. You can just infinitely trade anything you want now without giving that poor Villager a break.

• Configs included for stack size adjustment?

• Bobisyeruncleweeds (or whatever that's called) is gonna be useless then? :(

Trading in MC usually ends up to be the classic exchange of goods for other goods.

Previously, UUM served well as a stable money because it was (and still is) capable of turning into any desirable resource. Now that it is a liquid, things gonna change a bit...

• I don't wanna clutter Nono-tan's thread so I'm continuing this here.

Regarding nether ores: Macerating pyrite is redundant, macerating cinnabar is a nerf since you don't have a chance for redstone, and all the IBF recipe for pyrite does is waste one iron ingot, since you could have used that calcite dust with iron ore.

If the balance regarding these items is working as intended, I don't see a reason to keep said recipes. Cinnabar is kinda trolling, and IBF pyrite is a relic from the time when the only alternative was the electrolyzer for 1/3 iron dust.

That or I'm really mising something. It's pretty late...

• Regarding nether ores: Macerating pyrite is redundant

Yes it is, but it MUST be possible, even if it is stupid.

macerating cinnabar is a nerf since you don't have a chance for redstone

Maceration Recipes get Autoadded for every Pulverizer Recipe I add. Just the Byproduct goes missing.

and all the IBF recipe for pyrite does is waste one iron ingot, since you could have used that calcite dust with iron ore.

Uhhm, you are aware that Calcite is one of the most easy to obtain Materials do you? And not to mention that Pyrite Ore is MUCH more abundant than Iron Ore.

If the balance regarding these items is working as intended, I don't see a reason to keep said recipes. Cinnabar is kinda trolling, and IBF pyrite is a relic from the time when the only alternative was the electrolyzer for 1/3 iron dust.

The Electrolyzer is still the only alternative.

• @pylons

How about a 3x1x1 structure that links with another pylon that shares two of the coordinates (eg x and y the same, but z is different) they have a range of 4 chunks and low energy loss to offset chunk loading downside.

• The IBF smelts pyrite ore. As far as pure pyrite dust is concerned, the electrolyzer is the only option, no alternatives. Unless you want to impress your friends with a small pile of pyrite dust fountain that turns into a tiny pile of pyrite dust fountain if it detects a player other than you, that is.

With dirty piles of pyrite being smeltable into iron, you might as well mine said iron ore for its two dirty piles and smelt them in a normal furnace. If the IBF recipe turned pure pyrite dust into one iron with calcite, it'd make more sense. That way you would get a whopping 1+1/9 iron per dirty pyrite dust, while requiring some infastructure and time. It might buff pyrite from centrifuging redstone a bit too much, though.

When I was playing FTB unhinged and you could only get plain pyrite dust from pyrite ore, silk-touching the ore and smelting it in an IBF was a no-brainer.

@pylons

How about a 3x1x1 structure that links with another pylon that shares two of the coordinates (eg x and y the same, but z is different) they have a range of 4 chunks and low energy loss to offset chunk loading downside.

Wanna go all out? Make the pylons have no range, and use cables as range extension upgrades. Of course the cables used affect energy loss and how much energy can be transfered without the pylons overloading. Each pylon can attach to a single other pylon, but can have several pylons attaching to it, using something like a frequency transmitter, to make things simple. It does kinda lack in creativity, though, which is usually unlike GregTech.

• That reminds me, what is Greg's view of adding a chunkloader?

Nevereverneverinamillionyearswhodoyouthinkiam?

Dunno about Greg, but I'm of the opinion that a chunkloader should be a standalone mod *only*, never included in other mods. There's too many things to consider when picking one that have to do with things other than gameplay (server resources and such). Of note, there is, or at least was as I'm not using it right now, a chunkloader with gregtech based recipes that requires EU to stay active.

• Dunno about Greg, but I'm of the opinion that a chunkloader should be a standalone mod *only*, never included in other mods. There's too many things to consider when picking one that have to do with things other than gameplay (server resources and such). Of note, there is, or at least was as I'm not using it right now, a chunkloader with gregtech based recipes that requires EU to stay active.

I was thinking something like requiring a fusion reactor or something....

• It would look really awesome though.

Wrong way round, Gregtech is creative, but with textures from the IC2 dark ages :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Wrong way round, Gregtech is creative, but with textures from the IC2 dark ages :P

I'd say some of the GT textures are nice, but waiting for a certan texture maker to get around to updating his pack *cough* Sirus *cough*.

Just watched sethblings video on the changes. Don't know how it will work with GT adventure mode, since there is no way to place blocks now. Possibly time to make a PR in forge for a new gamemode? (Survival limited perhaps, or something that sounds cooler?) which retains the current functions of adventure mode.

• Dunno about Greg, but I'm of the opinion that a chunkloader should be a standalone mod *only*, never included in other mods. There's too many things to consider when picking one that have to do with things other than gameplay (server resources and such). Of note, there is, or at least was as I'm not using it right now, a chunkloader with gregtech based recipes that requires EU to stay active.

Chunkloaders from other mods are funky, such as Railcraft personal anchors somehow still loading chunks with the owner offline, or "loading" the chunks in a way such that IC2 machines eat resources but produce no product/EU, or forestry engines burning MJ without powering what they're attached to. GT machines work flawlessly, though.