[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• People be crazy on the reddit.

Still think there is a race to the bottom with FTB mods. AE's quarts grinder or TiC's smeltery are easy ways of ore doubling in your first couple of days. People don't like the fact IC2 isn't like that any more and ignore crops (like most people) and all the other IC2 unique stuff. There's only so far reasonable people can go to voice their opinion over the crazy :P

I'm glad that I went custom pack. I don't have to deal with what they do to the packs, as it doesn't affect me. I still like to voice my view though.

• Seems like high stat crops aren't even worth breeding if you have to constantly fertilize and hydrate them while having them at y=250 in a swamp biome :s. None of this is documented in-game anywhere and all the information about crops I can find on the internet are guesstimates by FTB/Tekkit players making up 50% of the stuff they type up. I can't even grow these at ground level without half of them dying before completing a growth cycle because the air quality is too low. Is there even an incentive to use these high quality crops? There are just too many drawbacks.

• Is there even an incentive to use these high quality crops? There are just too many drawbacks.

The incentives to even do crops at all is so low, nearly everyone doesn't. They need to be more practical to get so more people will use them and realise why IC2 isn't all done by other mods. The fact a growth 24+ plant effectively turns into a weed is an example of your point.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The incentives to even do crops at all is so low, nearly everyone doesn't. They need to be more practical to get so more people will use them and realise why IC2 isn't all done by other mods. The fact a growth 24+ plant effectively turns into a weed is an example of your point.

It's an incomplete feature from the days of the Dragon Lord. I don't think he was quite "impressed" with everyone's responses towards the crop system, and thus became a little discouraged from developing it out any further. Of course, it's expected considering the low level standard of complexity that the modpack communities desire..

I don't even think we should worry/bother with modpacks in general. Those of us who have the ability to rub two brain cells together can already install mods without the usage of a launcher system. Sure, it makes things more convenient, but after some time, such systems become a debilitating crutch as far as how to go about interfacing with a program and altering things around. But in most respects, it's the cost of not having official mod support from Mojang in general...

Edit: If I was to start on an add-on (again), should I just wait till Forge is stable for 1.7, or go ahead and attempt it on 1.6.4?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MagusUnion ().

• The second page of the FTB thread you are referencing has a lot of source code infused information to counteract the made up stuff in the first post.

• The second page of the FTB thread you are referencing has a lot of source code infused information to counteract the made up stuff in the first post.

Indeed, first page: Y245+ swamp, no exceptions
    Second page: Y124 to 255 has no difference. Biome has small effect.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Thermal expansion is becoming the leading basic factory mod and some people wish they could use a relatively unchanged but still up to date version of their former favorite mod for nostalgia's sake.

I think it's a combination of still being experimental and people not being used to the changes. New things will get added and implemented features will become smoother (hopefully), some people will just get used to the changes and they won't seem that bad when they've done them for the twentieth time (realising the mod you thought you knew by heart has changed drastically can be disheartening for some), and some people will move on as soon as team COFH adds a flux powered mining laser and jetpack (and maybe a CF foam equivalent). I'm not completely content myself, but I'm willing to at least wait until ic2 stops being experimental.

Let's not forget that a large part of player frustration, from the beginning of the exp. builds, has been the atrocious documentation depending on players to figure things out. Especially through the dark age of no NEI support.

Re: crops. The drawbacks exist as an incentive to not just go ahead and max out your crops.

Also, mr10movie, however good your intentions, that's how threads like that ALWAYS end up.

• I seem to have run into a bug between Thermal Expansion and Gregtech. When I placed a small bronze fluid pipe next to an already placed fluiduct containing steam, I received an "Internal Server Error". After reconnecting, the fluid pipe is gone, and an invisble block has taken its place. The logs mention something about Gregtech preventing a server crash. The steam was produced by an High Pressure Gregtech boiler (the bronze age steel one), and it was outputting into fluiducts.

I have attached a screenshot and the log ForgeModLoader logfile. Is this a known bug? Also, how can I remove the invisible block without resorting to tools like MCEdit?

• TE adding jet packs and mining lasers? Lemming would never stand on IC2's toes like that. Next you'll be saying he'll add crops too :P

The whole reason we're in this mess, is because people wanted IC2 to update and change. When it did, the very people who wanted change no longer wanted change. There is no way to win.

@above What GT and TE versions?

I see this too much.

• TE adding jet packs and mining lasers? Lemming would never stand on IC2's toes like that. Next you'll be saying he'll add crops too :P

The whole reason we're in this mess, is because people wanted IC2 to update and change. When it did, the very people who wanted change no longer wanted change. There is no way to win.

@above What GT and TE versions?

TE 3.0.0.2, IC2 2.0.8.908 and GT 4.07n

• I know he probably won't, just saying that some people just want ic2's cool toys without the hassle of going through ic2's techtree. Also, I forgot about modular powersuits :D

• Anyone have a download link or can send me the version prior to this metaitem stuff being added into the mod? Really borked up the game for me and I didn't have a backup.

• Anyone have a download link or can send me the version prior to this metaitem stuff being added into the mod? Really borked up the game for me and I didn't have a backup.

Shouldn't do. None of them are being unified to. They just exist. I changed the config so that they unified, because they look nicer.

• Shouldn't do. None of them are being unified to. They just exist. I changed the config so that they unified, because they look nicer.

Except my load time is twice as long with it and now NEI is full of duplicate materials,gems, ingots from gregtech specifically.

• Except my load time is twice as long with it and now NEI is full of duplicate materials,gems, ingots from gregtech specifically.

Open the menu, and use the dropdown thing at the to to hide the items from NEI. Else, just ignore it, it's fine for me. I might have to click the arrow a few times, but I usually search for things anyway.

• The whole reason we're in this mess, is because people wanted IC2 to update and change. When it did, the very people who wanted change no longer wanted change. There is no way to win.

And that's why I've basically said: "Fuck them". They asked for change, and when they received "change", they didn't like the permutation that followed. What they really wanted, imo, was a replica of what was already becoming available to them in other mods, but rehashed off the EU energy system. That's not changing the mod, but copying it to be apart of another's design. Quite frankly, I do hope IC2's fan base shrinks down a bit, due to the simple fact that the following for this mod only exploded due to modpack involvement, and thus drew in a crowd who only knew the mod from "such and such" place because it had "such and such" things in it. That's not appreciation for a mod, that's waiting around and seeing when you can "haz moar l33t stuff" in between updates and content patches, and then running back to the servers the moment you get what you want. It's a lazy system that they've developed, and if they are so resistant to the idea of applying effort (even from a marginal click and drag standpoint), then I don't see how they are of any consolation to IC2 overall...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Except my load time is twice as long with it and now NEI is full of duplicate materials,gems, ingots from gregtech specifically.

Having the same issue... Loading takes ages now compared to 4.07n (version which I had before).
    Using 4.07r now and it got tripled oO That's a serious issue for me... Downgrading now.

Also, hiding duplicate items in NEI (like someone suggested) is no solution because something got messed up in the mod...

The post was edited 1 time, last by recon88 ().

• Question about the Large Gas Turbine….
    Is the Large Gas Turbine not meant to be self-sustaining?
    You’re only supposed to byproducts to recouping some of your manufacturing costs?

If not I was playing around with it and the issue is I am barely getting any EU as most of the EU goes straight back into the manufacturing process, I just can’t seem to make this profitable.

• Question about the Large Gas Turbine….
    Is the Large Gas Turbine not meant to be self-sustaining?
    You’re only supposed to byproducts to recouping some of your manufacturing costs?

If not I was playing around with it and the issue is I am barely getting any EU as most of the EU goes straight back into the manufacturing process, I just can’t seem to make this profitable.

The Gas Turbine is meant to get energy from Methane you obtain from centrifuging waste products. Unless you overclocked your centrifuges (which will obviously make it unprofitable), you should get a healthy surplus of EU.