[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Is that Project Red marble and basalt? It doesn't register it in the ore dictionary, which is why it doesn't I believe.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I blame the new additions for PFAA. Might be wrong though. Is it only the newest GT version that your load time is ruined?

I Noticed the increased loading times in 4.08b, it now takes 8 minutes for my server to startup, which is an increase of about 5 minutes.

• From which Version did you update? Because that Startup Lag was introduced in 4.07, and had then been fixed as much as possible. And from 4.08b to 4.08c nothing changed in that regard.

• Soldering Iron, Solder, circuit, and specific positioning of those things in the crafting window. All those recipes you see in NEI aren't shapeless.

• I was on vacation in the VI for a week and a half and updated the server when I got back, so the previous version was 4.07n, which did not have the lag.

• From the new patch I can see that you didn't add my suggestion. As someone playing with a custom modpack, i would appreciate it if you would add a config option to disable flint tools.

• As pointed out above, you'd not only need a Brain, but also those other Mods for that.

Yes - but that's not quite the answer.

Let me ask my question in pseudo-Java. Does this return true?

Or: are there any rock crusher recipes that, if Railcraft is not installed, will be only available through the universal macerator?

Yes it does get most of these Recipes (Since I add a ton of those Recipes). The TE Recipes are not working anymore inside it (but most of them have been replaced), but the Rock Crusher Recipes still work, even though they are just there for letting your Recycle things like World Anchors.

World Anchors are a Railcraft item - if you don't have Rock Crushers, you don't have World Anchors. Choose another example.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

The post was edited 1 time, last by immibis ().

• So, there are Universal Macerator recipes that are not actually related to the Macerator, Pulverizer or Rock Crusher?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Yes, to give players another ore processing route which gives other byproducts, as seen here :[GregTech] Industrial Efficiency Analysis , with only GT and IC².

Also, think of the UMac as a Macerator Mk2.5, while the Igrinder is a Macerator Mk3.

• Let me guess, you have more than just an MFE on your Line dont you? Because if it is so, then you will have a Voltage higher than just 512 EU/t. Voltage works different in IC2 now.

I assume you mean total EU/t received is evaluated for voltage rather than EU/p, but where exactly is that written? Not GT wiki, nor IC2 wiki.

GhostPlanet.tv - Streaming Anime (Claymore, Texhnolyze, Attack on Titan), recent Animated Shows (Archer), movies and major live action shows (Thrones, Spartacus).

• In vanilla IC2 you can extract gunpowder. In GT you don't even need a CESU. For 128 EU/t, charger box or batboxes in parallel.

The main issue of PFAA currently is oregen, despite being otherwise excellent. I don't know how it affects the amount of resources per chunk, but it does highly concentrate them. It needs to be properly balanced so that it isn't going to adversely affect progression one way or another.

I tried to keep the ores per chunk roughly in the same proportion at least. It's true that the ores are much more concentrated, and it's difficult to estimate the effect of that on gameplay. I have the utmost respect for your understanding of GT, and your appreciation for balance, so any specific feedback would be most welcome. As someone else pointed out, you can use the ore frequency and size sliders in COG as a blunt testing instrument.

One note: since most of the iron ore is only minable with an iron pickaxe or above, it's probably a lot easier to start with bronze. Copper is pretty common, less so tin.

Btw, I just released PFAA 0.0.10, which will register the ores under their actual names (i.e., oreCassiterite) when Gregtech is loaded, instead of e.g. oreTin. Just sent the colors to Greg.

• Greg, OreDict.log reports a new set of materials. Stone slabs for each of the 5 stone hardnesses in PFAA:G
    Also, rubble returns a minor error.

PFAAGeologica -> stoneSlab uses an unknown Material. Report this to GregTech.

PFAAGeologica -> rubble uses a Prefix as full OreDict Name, and is therefor invalid.

• Yes, very few Recipes actually require that.

Which leads back to my original question - why is it called a Universal Macerator then?

The name "Universal Macerator" makes it sound like it just combines all the recipes from the different macerator-like machines.

Battery snot included.

• Concentrating ores is generally a gigantic buff to hand mining while keeping automining output effectively the same. This could be good or bad depending on what you want as a player/server owner. TPPI went pretty overboard with their oregen since they concentrated every ore type to their own y-level; even though ores per chunks were effectively identical to vanilla, you practically swam in lapis and diamonds as long as you went to the appropriate y level because of the ore concentration.

I'm sure PFAA can in fact be appropriately balanced for GT, it'll just take a bit of testing and community feedback to get there.