[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Why does everything in new Gregtech come in 9s?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I see nothing wrong with GT becoming independent from IC2 (though I highly doubt it'll happen any time soon). IC2 has had some great improvements on it's own without greg doing anything about it directly. IC2 doesn't need GT any more for survival :)

The stuff I've heard/seen about "GT2" seems to be quite nice. I just hope it reaches somewhat usable state before MC 1.10(2.0?) is released :D

• I see nothing wrong with GT becoming independent from IC2 (though I highly doubt it'll happen any time soon). IC2 has had some great improvements on it's own without greg doing anything about it directly. IC2 doesn't need GT any more for survival :)

The stuff I've heard/seen about "GT2" seems to be quite nice. I just hope it reaches somewhat usable state before MC 1.10(2.0?) is released :D

Actually, I do not believe in independant survival of ic2. Partition from GT will kill it. I mean, there were 2 main groups playing ic2 - ftb modpack guys, and GregTech users. Since ic2 gets removed from almost all of them, it will be really hard to get back into them. Without a stable e-net it seems absolutely impossible to me.

• It'll also be pretty bad for GT publicity (but I assume greg doesn't really care). He'd get backlash for it if his actions killed IC2. Also, some people would call it a 'rip off' of IC2, but that's just how people are.

• It'll also be pretty bad for GT publicity (but I assume greg doesn't really care). He'd get backlash for it if his actions killed IC2. Also, some people would call it a 'rip off' of IC2, but that's just how people are.

WEll, first, if something is a ripoff, it's the new ic2 system with plates. It's absolutely clear where it cae from. And I mean, look at Greg, he does not even care about us, why would he care about the guys from ftb and stuff? I mean, come on, the love buildcraft and TE, so hate from them would only make Greg even more proud of himself :D

• Having two different e-net will be funny... I wonder if player has anything to say about it.

I still don't know how I will do the IC2-Energy->GT-Energy Part, the other way around also only works in most but not all cases.

I think I will add some code into the Transformer in order to absorb Energy from the Output Facings of adjacent IC2 Blocks.

But IC2 Cables will be flat out incompatible Enet wise (you can still craft things with them ofcourse).

Why does everything in new Gregtech come in 9s?

10 Tiers. But Transformers can only come in AmountOfTiers minus one, because there can not be a higher Tier than tier 10 (at least Voltage wise).

However Tier 10 has 4096 times more Voltage than Tier 9 (That Transformer has a hell of an Output Amperage), meaning I could insert Tiers inbetween.

GT is slowly becoming independent.

Will there be superconductor cables and GT glass fiber?

Superconductor yes, Glass Fiber HELL NO.

If I add Glass Fiber it will transmit Redstone or Information, but definetly NOT ENERGY.

I see nothing wrong with GT becoming independent from IC2 (though I highly doubt it'll happen any time soon). IC2 has had some great improvements on it's own without greg doing anything about it directly. IC2 doesn't need GT any more for survival :)

GT-5.00a you mean. GT-2.00a was for MC-1.4.5. The good old times when we still had Redpower...

It'll also be pretty bad for GT publicity (but I assume greg doesn't really care). He'd get backlash for it if his actions killed IC2. Also, some people would call it a 'rip off' of IC2, but that's just how people are.

I will still use IC2 for some things, so in the end I will still depend on it. I just redo almost everything in IC2 in order to be able to "spam" content later. My System is basically exactly that, I'm not just adding one Machine Hull, I just add 14 as if using copypaste BOOM, why one Transformer if you can have 9? BOOM, why adding 5 Cables if it can be 44? BOOM. Why adding 50 Resource Items if it can be every Resource Item in the World? BOOM. Why adding one Basic Machine per Type if it can be 5? BOOM. Why adding 4 Frames if it can be up to 1000? BOOM.

Sometimes I just need to make one for-Loop in order to add tons of things. That is the reason why I don't add so many Features to IC2 itself.

• Hello

I am trying to remove the steel tools from GregTech, to balance it around Iquana Tweaks. I am trying to use Minetweaker, and have used the code: recipes.remove(item.GT_Steel_Sword); but seems like it wont work. What am i doing wrong?

I have also tryed to set the ID to 0, which did not work :) I found a reply earlyer in this thread about flint tools, where i needed to do the minetweaker name command.

Is it possible to disable steel/flint tools using GregTech 4.08s build 3?

Thank you in advance.

- Kehaan

• I had the same idea, but it appears to be impossible to remove GregTech's recipes, even in a normal crafting table, using minetweaker.
    However Greg said earlier that in the future version of GregTech (for 1.7.2) there will be a new balanced tool system. So I guess we just have to wait until it is released.

• Ah, greg, btw, will you do something with the ic2 machine boxes? Maybe removing the recipe for de-crafting but instead adding the cheap machinepart+6 plates one?

The Machine Parts Assembler thing is dead btw, all Recipes will be different. Very different.

So, I made the IC2->GT EU Interface for the Transformer, now the GT Transformers can suck the Energy from IC2 Energy Emitters directly (even in inverted Mode, so you can have up to 5 IC2 Generating things connected to one inverted Transformer). Cables inbetween won't work. The Transformers WILL blow up if they receive too much Voltage so always use the proper ones. There is no additional Energy Loss between IC2->GT EU, but the Transformer Output does have the regular Energy Loss per Meter.

Another random Note: Even my Solar Panel Covers can explode Machines now due to Voltage (they weren't able to do that before, they just ceased to work).

• Different? So no machine boxes anymore? But I assume, there still will be the same system of crafting to each tier, but with different components?

• worse than deconstructing machine boxes is destroying solar panel blocks with pickaxe and cheap making steel from it (you get generator even you used only norlam iron to craft solar)

However....that much items....will it mean longer and longer loading time?

• Sometimes I just need to make one for-Loop in order to add tons of things. That is the reason why I don't add so many Features to IC2 itself.

GregTech: making the things harder using the easier way. What can be easier than autogeneration of content? 9 transformers, 6 macerators... what next, 30 shapes of cells, each is made in different machine and can be used only for one substance, like empty lava cell, empty water cell etc.

• worse than deconstructing machine boxes is destroying solar panel blocks with pickaxe and cheap making steel from it (you get generator even you used only norlam iron to craft solar)

However....that much items....will it mean longer and longer loading time?

You will have to start minecraft before you go to sleep to play in the morning :D

• Hello

Ok found the solution.

Had to set this to false: B:EnsureToBeLoadedLast=false

I had the same idea, but it appears to be impossible to remove GregTech's recipes, even in a normal crafting table, using minetweaker.
    However Greg said earlier that in the future version of GregTech (for 1.7.2) there will be a new balanced tool system. So I guess we just have to wait until it is released.