[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• The guy further up made a good point actually, microwave energy transmission is an actual thing IRL, and can be used for long range wireless energy transmission. Obviously, it works far better in space where there is no insulator to pass through. Perhaps a direct line of sight device that could transmit large amounts of EU wirelessly?
    Because of diffraction, the longer the distance the larger the receiving antenna needs to be to capture the total output power of the transmitter, and the device should be fairly lossy anyway because of air (Perhaps a loss of 1EU per block?).

• The guy further up made a good point actually, microwave energy transmission is an actual thing IRL, and can be used for long range wireless energy transmission. Obviously, it works far better in space where there is no insulator to pass through. Perhaps a direct line of sight device that could transmit large amounts of EU wirelessly?
    Because of diffraction, the longer the distance the larger the receiving antenna needs to be to capture the total output power of the transmitter, and the device should be fairly lossy anyway because of air (Perhaps a loss of 1EU per block?).

So basically an earlier game version of the IDSU's wireless energy transfer abilities?

• Here a List of all the Cables from left to right

UH, never going to remember all those Wiring is going to take 10 times longer wondering which cable would be best!

and the worst part of this, is just like all meta itens on 1.6 , is just how many are actualy usefull, and how much of this will be used by the majority of players, adding tons of stuff can be fun instead of just one or two, but without a reason to exist, is just pointless and cpu killer, the well know Thinkers construct made this same error, tons of parts, but just a dozen is actualy used.

Added Wooden Pipes. But don't use them for Lava or other hot things, they are flammable after all.

dont this just looks like an updated to 1.6 than a feature for the 1.7 version? since you are there greg, make a sinkhole for early water gathering, only getting water using gravity for obvious reasons.

I wonder if there will be Powerplants

You will prob make something like that, when you blasphemy again and play some Minecraft, Pity no one will ever see that.

Wireless energy IRL? Nicholas Tesla had some ideias... but captalism own over it.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• and the worst part of this, is just like all meta itens on 1.6 , is just how many are actualy usefull, and how much of this will be used by the majority of players, adding tons of stuff can be fun instead of just one or two, but without a reason to exist, is just pointless and cpu killer, the well know Thinkers construct made this same error, tons of parts, but just a dozen is actualy used.

If this kills something then Memory and not CPU. It's just 20 Wires over 4 Tiers, that is 5 Wires per Tier. A few are actually pointless, but they are used in Crafting (Heating Coils). Every Wire has its own purpose, some save Space (high Amerage Limit), some save Energy (Low Cable Loss) and some save Materials (just cheap), then there is also the average Cable (like Electrum being Hybrid of Gold and Silver).

Every Material has 11 Variants. Single, Double, Quadruple, Octuple, uhhm 12-tuple? and 16-tuple. Both Insulated and Uninsulated (The 16 one not having Space for Insulation due to already being a full Block).

dont this just looks like an updated to 1.6 than a feature for the 1.7 version?

Not quite, the Temperature thing has been fully implemented in 1.7, before it was just random hooks not even Forge used until the very late 1.6.4 Phase.

since you are there greg, make a sinkhole for early water gathering, only getting water using gravity for obvious reasons.

You can bucketeer some Water from a Lake or River.

You will prob make something like that, when you blasphemy again and play some Minecraft, Pity no one will ever see that.

When I join our good old Hardcore Server again, too bad some assholes take their time updating their broken Mods. :whistling:

• You can bucketeer some Water from a Lake or River.

Talking about water, what about adding some kind of (electric) pump which sole purpose is to "generate" water from rivers (and maybe oceans, given an upgrade to resist the salinity). That pump would be biome dependant.

• What is the use of the double/quadruple/octuple etc cables over the regular one? Carry more EU? Less lossy?

Edit: you haven't answered any of my questions :P

• What is the use of the double/quadruple/octuple etc cables over the regular one? Carry more EU? Less lossy?

Edit: you haven't answered any of my questions :P

I think he meat laying multiple cables side by side and painting them, since the powerplantoutut would be too big to be handled by one wire.

• I think he meat laying multiple cables side by side and painting them, since the powerplantoutut would be too big to be handled by one wire.

I don't think so. The picture was showing off lots of variants of the same cable, which I assume is what he meant.

• In other news, Jadedcat said something about a IC2/Gregtech pack for 1.7. Maybe. Idk.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• In other news, Jadedcat said something about a IC2/Gregtech pack for 1.7. Maybe. Idk.

As well as the 2 main FTB packs (that aren't DW20's) going RF only, kinda forcing new mods to use it or be less likely to be found

And so it begins....
    Or, as I could describe it: "Oh shit, this could go bad".

^ Will end in tears

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Woah. Mind blown. Will we end up with a separate addons section for Gregtech addons? :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• That would be nicer than a new forum. I like my 1300 posts :P

Greg would lose 8074. How's your 1300 looking now? :D

I see this too much.