[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Reddit hasn't kicked off yet. Guess they must be preparing for an all out assault tomorrow.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Reddit hasn't kicked off yet. Guess they must be preparing for an all out assault tomorrow.

I'm scared to sleep actually. It's 1 in the morning, by about 9 when I wake up it'll be hell. Meh, I defended hell and got reddit gold before, what's the worst that could happen?

• what's the worst that could happen?

Famous last words

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I am very curious about what will happen to BC/IC2 and I would certainly not mind separation and becoming a standalone mod having it all. Considering you already added pipes for liquids and items and even sorting systems. You already added new wires. What is left to become a full standalone? Having it all? I don't see why not. Why continue to be an add-on for IC2 and why rely on BC in some ways. I would love to see you continue to add functionality on all fronts. Buildcraft keeps breaking and the E-net is always broken .Trying to prepare to updates for 1.7.2 and just very curious about what will come next, who likes what APi and which mods will continue to work well together? Can i still rely on being forced to use BC to add LogisticsPipes? Is Eu being replaced with RF>
    Anyways, i do love the new idea of the wiring system where Voltage(range) and Ampere(Booom Power) seem really realistic wether or not insulated. Would love to see an accurate reading system for data involved though. Since the EU-scanner seems broken, making exact calculations will be hard without some kind of accurate setup info.

Would also like to mention that default wires always seem to connect, wether painted or not. Would be easier if default would not connect to coloured cable to make it easier to add new lines.
    A last thing, i would love to see Teleportation ... !? Would love to see way better functionality to the teleport system IC2 has always had. "Microwaves", whatever ... , but You seem to be missing one of the often used ways of item distribution, although i also love the struggle to be forced to use RailCraft and some Nether Portal system and network to be able to deliver across great distance. Fast transport, instant teleport even. I would love to see extreme and really late game 'over-powered' (dont get me wrong here, -insert sarcasm-) use of generated power in the form of maybe teleportation of items and liquids or any entities. Eventually we would just love to use some of the power we generate as a late-tier thing.

To complete it all, one thing missing ... red logic (nikolite?)... and you would cover most of the power and networking resources created, what else do we need?

Keep up the good work :P

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." (Mark Twain)
    GregTech is a wonderful time consuming challenge!
    Fun Paradise V is on it's way ...

• I am very curious about what will happen to BC/IC2 and I would certainly not mind separation and becoming a standalone mod having it all. Considering you already added pipes for liquids and items and even sorting systems. You already added new wires. What is left to become a full standalone? Having it all? I don't see why not. Why continue to be an add-on for IC2 and why rely on BC in some ways. I would love to see you continue to add functionality on all fronts. Buildcraft keeps breaking and the E-net is always broken .Trying to prepare to updates for 1.7.2 and just very curious about what will come next, who likes what APi and which mods will continue to work well together? Can i still rely on being forced to use BC to add LogisticsPipes? Is Eu being replaced with RF>
    Anyways, i do love the new idea of the wiring system where Voltage(range) and Ampere(Booom Power) seem really realistic wether or not insulated. Would love to see an accurate reading system for data involved though. Since the EU-scanner seems broken, making exact calculations will be hard without some kind of accurate setup info.

At the moment there are some crcuial things in IC2 that Greg relies on (but not quite sure what are those), and it will probably take a rather large rewrite to completely separate from IC2.

Would also like to mention that default wires always seem to connect, wether painted or not. Would be easier if default would not connect to coloured cable to make it easier to add new lines.

Definitely agree on that.

A last thing, i would love to see Teleportation ... !? Would love to see way better functionality to the teleport system IC2 has always had. "Microwaves", whatever ... , but You seem to be missing one of the often used ways of item distribution, although i also love the struggle to be forced to use RailCraft and some Nether Portal system and network to be able to deliver across great distance. Fast transport, instant teleport even. I would love to see extreme and really late game 'over-powered' (dont get me wrong here, -insert sarcasm-) use of generated power in the form of maybe teleportation of items and liquids or any entities. Eventually we would just love to use some of the power we generate as a late-tier thing.

There is, and it is called a Tesseract, but it is rather different from the TE variant in terms of functionality. I don't think Greg endorses long-distance teleportation transport though.

To complete it all, one thing missing ... red logic (nikolite?)... and you would cover most of the power and networking resources created, what else do we need?

Keep up the good work :P

He already has a redstone logic block.

• GregTech actually does add a teleporter, capable of interdimensionally transporting anything in front of it. It's expensive and energy expensive as hell, but works a lot better than the IC2 teleporter because it can move more than just player/entities.
    For items and fluids, GT has Tesseracts,
    For EU, we have the IDSU,

So yes, GregTech does have full interdimensional trasportation/teleportation capacity.

• As said upper, teleport system is fully invented in GT :)

About BC - I really looking forward 1.7 update, SpaceToad returned to development and new things looks so good ( 2d builder mod, flying robots to collect stuff and more...), so I think for my pack, BC is not possible to take out....And I also like oil mining and refining, which is also really thematic.

• Interesting development, although a few days old now. On the FTB forums, an argument broke out whether EnderIO, Mekanism or TE replaces IC2. If they can't even decide what to replace IC2 with, there is no need to listen :D

I would say that Ender IO wouldn't replace IC2, because after all it uses RF, which is from TE.
    And I've never played Mekanism so I don't know. :Trade-O-Mat:

• I think the only things from IC2 GT needs are

• Nuclear power
    • The items for recipes
    • Possibly the storage units
    • (Possibly) Matter Fabrication
    • Internal stuff
    • Rubber trees/some other WorldGen

• On top of that, Greg's cover system is amazingly in-depth. Redstone/item/liquid detection covers, wireless redstone covers, conveyor/pump covers. Covers are amazing.

I loike Greg's system, but I think the real reason behind not supporting microblock is "fuck you, that's why". Maybe it's some kind of jealosity because of being more popular, I don't know. I'm using both, and in the end, you still have almost everything you can imagine as a cover.