[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Microblocks are the most buggy items in a game, that´s why. In my server i have often to repair tiles bugged with that, so it is quite anoying. (also a lot of Client -server differences in what is built - and when anybody else destroys the block, which is there by server, but you don´t see it = crash of client)

For cables Im fine with CF walls + obscurator , I would love same system for smaller pipes to be able to cover them with CF instead of covers (since you cannot have cover from anything). However, covers are really fine

But what annoys me, that I cannot look inside large turbine input block, when GT pipe is attached....it is only one side visible and fully filled with the pipe

• Ah, greg, btw, What would be cool, would be an electric crossbow/arrow launcher, which would involve a massfab in crafting, therefore "infinity" enchant. Maybe power enchants es well. Or maybe even consuming lava cells from inventory to make incenerative arrows.

I have a nanosaber, but have to rely on some kind of wooden tools to get my long-distance-kills?
    Maybe an plasticcompound bow, with extra big durability compared to normal one.

Or, as an alternative, we have compressed air cells - the arrow launcher could use them. Or NO2 in capsules, for launching arrows.
    Maybe something like the Nailgun from RAGE, which was even able to shoot rebars, damn, would I love to shoot rebars, or something like the helsing from metro -

• I think the real reason behind not supporting microblock is "fuck you, that's why". Maybe it's some kind of jealosity because of being more popular, I don't know. I'm using both, and in the end, you still have almost everything you can imagine as a cover.

It is more of a "I already have my own System and I don't wanna change that" in combination with "That Stuff is bugged as hell and once there is a Bug I cannot fix it myself".

-----

And now behold ALL THE ORES (There are also Netherrack and Endstone variants, but that is too much work to please each of them)

• It is more of a "I already have my own System and I don't wanna change that" in combination with "That Stuff is bugged as hell and once there is a Bug I cannot fix it myself".

-----

And now behold ALL THE ORES (There are also Netherrack and Endstone variants, but that is too much work to please each of them)

Daaamn, and since we have no biome dependend ones, we now have to quarry all the chunks :D

@already have my system - that's exactly what I meant :thumbsup:

Will we get molten salt by chance in the 5.0 update?

• Ooh! All those ores! So many that look so similar to each other too! Awesome!

(Have fun, those without WAILA!)

• It's going to be impossible to find any stone any more :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Ah, greg, btw, What would be cool, would be an electric crossbow/arrow launcher, which would involve a massfab in crafting, therefore "infinity" enchant. Maybe power enchants es well. Or maybe even consuming lava cells from inventory to make incenerative arrows.

I have a nanosaber, but have to rely on some kind of wooden tools to get my long-distance-kills?
    Maybe an plasticcompound bow, with extra big durability compared to normal one.

Or, as an alternative, we have compressed air cells - the arrow launcher could use them. Or NO2 in capsules, for launching arrows.
    Maybe something like the Nailgun from RAGE, which was even able to shoot rebars, damn, would I love to shoot rebars, or something like the helsing from metro -

Who needs bows and arrows when we have firearms nowadays?
    Futuristic weapons would be nice aswell like beam, anti-matter and plasma based weapons.

Edit: ores, ores everywhere.

Edit2: On the bottom part, there is a row of ores that looks the same, complete gray. Is that just lack of color modulation?
    I hope Chromite is one of those ores...

• Who needs bows and arrows when we have firearms nowadays?
    Futuristic weapons would be nice aswell like beam, anti-matter and plasma based weapons.

Edit: ores, ores everywhere.

Edit2: On the bottom part, there is a row of ores that looks the same, complete gray. Is that just lack of color modulation?
    I hope Chromite is one of those ores...

I think of progression, same as jackhammers. They would use similar ammunition, but have more damage/special effects/Usage of fuel for firing.
    For example, steam-age compressed air/steam cells for shooting your arrows from an unbreaking/reparable launcher.

Electric age - maybe shooting rods/nuggets, using explosive charges.

And late-game - gauss launchers, plasma rifles, etc.

• GregTech - first steps
    For building your first generator you will have to travel far and wide, trying to find yourself stone.

Note: every 3x3 of Chunks has a maximum of 1 Vein (which contains 4 different but very similar Ores), which is about 5 Blocks high and about 32x32 Large (not to mention that there is still a large partition of Stone inbetween left, since it isn't one giant Blob of Ore)

• Captains log, Stardate 2034,6.

It's been 6 weeks since I crashed on this strange planet. Every second is a struggle to survive. I've eaten nothing but wild berries and raw meat.
    I've been checking ground for any useful materials. I have found a lot of unknown ores but I do not even know how to process them.

P.S. Still looking for iron.

• My god, so many ores, I vote not adding any more world gen until at least 1.9.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• IC2 fusion with GregTech: yeah would make sense. Also IC2 already got some GregTechy features (plates, metalformer...). But, on a developer side, why should Greg give up some of his power over his mod just to fuse with another.

@What is the new IC2 mod (TE, Mekanism etc): who cares :), there is so little inter-mod-features, there won't be much change. Also almost every modpack kind of uses every big mod available, so also no change.

@New Ores: i love it :) + now is the perfect time since we all have to start new worlds with 1.7. GregTech

Not quite, the Temperature thing has been fully implemented in 1.7, before it was just random hooks not even Forge used until the very late 1.6.4 Phase

wasnt talking about the feature, you just posted it like you do when updating the version, like gregtech 4.08T: added wooden pipes.

You can bucketeer some Water from a Lake or River

following in as a joke, wooden pipes for simple liquids, bein able to craft on flint age, just need a sink hole to drain water to feed the small boiler.

behold ALL THE ORES

i truly hope that not all of them are generated by default, but replacing outer mods ores for gregtech type, it will just be crazy, if you ever playied old tekkit, with alot of mods on it, the underground is like a rainbow, full of colored ores, but not the ones you want.

The cable mechanic is still a gigantic guessing and wondering, we dont have any info on how we suposely do it, like, do we just place cables on same block and they allocate like the barricades? do we need to set the pattern on crafting tables? since they need to be painted, they keep the color after bein removed? they can be dye on crafting grind? what uses for multi wires on single block? or all of them are like that, no more single cables? will now pipes and electric wire be place toghether on a single block? thats just a few examples of questions.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• There is, and it is called a Tesseract, but it is rather different from the TE variant in terms of functionality. I don't think Greg endorses long-distance teleportation transport though.

How could I have forgotten about those ... Although I was mostly referring to the teleporters from IC2.

GregTech actually does add a teleporter, capable of interdimensionally transporting anything in front of it. It's expensive and energy expensive as hell, but works a lot better than the IC2 teleporter because it can move more than just player/entities.

Not much information seems to be available about Greg's version of the teleporter and I will mess with it a bit. I do understand this is only working inter-dimensional? I would love to see something that allows teleportation between different dimensions as well. Maybe even create some kind of portal to go through? Something that allows all entities to go through, even trains from Railcraft. All this of course with huge energy costs.

I'd rather have IC² and GT fuse together, instead of separating.

I would not mind them fusing together, I am just concerned about the future of GT while relying on IC2.

So far I am working on a small but versatile modpack and trying to keep everything hard with slow progress and try not to use too many mods. Main problems I run into are a storage network and some Red logic. I don't like Applied Energistics all that much, seems too OP to my liking, I prefer Logistics Pipes, but relies on Buildcraft and adds that quarry I dislike. I prefer mining in different, more interesting ways by using robots from OpenComputers for example (iso ComputerCraft with its way too low costs). Added barrels with Jabba for storage. Early/mid game transport can be nicely done using Railcraft, but interdimensional is tricky using Vanilla portals, although it works (trains often mess up though). Added MineFactoryReloaded just for the Rednet (Project Red or Red Logic seem too buggy at the moment), but dislike all the other stuff it adds, making it too easy. For farming I like interesting setups and I like Forestry for that, although I am not too fond of the bees. . Added Blood Magic to see if it works well together with all the tech and might want to add Dimensional doors as well as maybe some other more magic like mods, without adding too much functionality that makes 'farming resources' too easy. So far I have been enjoying this GregTech based really small pack I put together, mostly tech with a twist of magic. I would however like some suggestions for mods that 'truly' work well with GregTech to keep things hard. Also like some suggestions on replacing MFR for a mod that purely adds wiring systems that work with above mods. For that matter, may I ask Greg, what mods would you put together if you were to create a modpack to play?

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." (Mark Twain)
    GregTech is a wonderful time consuming challenge!
    Fun Paradise V is on it's way ...

• Not much information seems to be available about Greg's version of the teleporter and I will mess with it a bit. I do understand this is only working inter-dimensional? I would love to see something that allows teleportation between different dimensions as well.

GregTech teleporter works with any entity (tip: includes ender dragon's crystals).
    For an inter-dimensional teleport it requires the dragon egg adjacent to it, where the fourth option (for dimension number, -1 for nether, 0 for overworld, 1 for end and other numbers if you have mystcraft) becomes available.

• i truly hope that not all of them are generated by default, but replacing outer mods ores for gregtech type, it will just be crazy, if you ever playied old tekkit, with alot of mods on it, the underground is like a rainbow, full of colored ores, but not the ones you want.

I try to generate as much of them as possible, but as I already said, you won't get a Rainbow.

Also I just found out the hard way about Forge Retrogeneration, seems to be fully automatic now and my second Test World won't finish generating (even though it is already finished!) since I added my own Worldgenerator (A brand new World works fine...)

do we just place cables on same block and they allocate like the barricades?

They autoconnect like Pipes do.

do we need to set the pattern on crafting tables?

What? Do you mean the Autocrafting table? That thing won't have Modes anymore (There will be a Dust combiner).

since they need to be painted, they keep the color after bein removed?

You dont have to paint them, but they will keep their Color once being removed by breaking (yes, the leftclick variant) the Wire using the Wirecutter.

they can be dye on crafting grind?

You cannot dye them on the Crafting Grid, you have to place and paint/cover them

what uses for multi wires on single block?

Higher Capacity, it is like having up to 16 Wires in one single Block (as in being able to transmit up to 16 Energy Packets). Useful for your regular Workshop if you don't want a Transformer on each Machine.

or all of them are like that, no more single cables?

As I said, there are 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 12x and 16x Cables, I clearly see a 1x Cable there.

will now pipes and electric wire be place toghether on a single block?

Nope, that would require another MetaTileEntity, which combines both.