[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• For an inter-dimensional teleport it requires the dragon egg adjacent to it, where the fourth option (for dimension number, -1 for nether, 0 for overworld, 1 for end and other numbers if you have mystcraft) becomes available.

Ah, that's nice, thnx. Does this mean only 6 dimensional links possible that way? From what I remember playing with GT in 1.4.7 only one dragon egg allowed in the world by default unless config was changed to allow multiple.

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." (Mark Twain)
    GregTech is a wonderful time consuming challenge!
    Fun Paradise V is on it's way ...

• Yes, 6 one-way links as you usually dont have another egg.
    GregTech config about multiple eggs only affects the dragon egg siphon. It limits the world to a maximum of one working siphon. (If you place another and try to activate it with another egg, boom!)

• Yes, 6 one-way links as you usually dont have another egg.
    GregTech config about multiple eggs only affects the dragon egg siphon. It limits the world to a maximum of one working siphon. (If you place another and try to activate it with another egg, boom!)

And yes indeed, one-way as well ... Do the GT teleporters have a radius for the actual teleport, or just the location from the block space above the teleporter itself? This would limit the possible amount of teleporters even further. Hmmm, might want to change the config, but then again, the eggs can not be crafted either (needs creative spawning), nor can the crystals (needs /summon). You will only get one egg when killing the Ender Dragon. Which usually means you will destroy the crystals which recharge the dragon's health. Not sure why you were hinting about them, because you won't have the egg prior to defeating the dragon in the first place. Are there any 'normal' ways to obtain multiple eggs?

[edit] After some testing figured you can change facing side on teleporters, so max amount would be 6.

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." (Mark Twain)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Devilin_Pixy ().

• You can still use the GT Teleporter for teleporting the Ender Crystals away. It is just a huge amount of Effort if the Dragon is still alive.

And the Pump Cover will be variable depending on the Tier :P

• And yes indeed, one-way as well ... Do the GT teleporters have a radius for the actual teleport, or just the location from the block space above the teleporter itself? This would limit the possible amount of teleporters even further. Hmmm, might want to change the config, but then again, the eggs can not be crafted either (needs creative spawning), nor can the crystals (needs /summon). You will only get one egg when killing the Ender Dragon. Which usually means you will destroy the crystals which recharge the dragon's health. Not sure why you were hinting about them, because you won't have the egg prior to defeating the dragon in the first place. Are there any 'normal' ways to obtain multiple eggs?

You can defeat the enderdragon without destroying (some) ender crystals, its just harder (or do what greg said above). If i recall correctly, the teleporter "area of effect" direction can be changed using the wrench (not only above the teleporter like IC²) . Regenerating the end allows you to get another egg. You can also use mystcraft to make another "end" dimension.

• You can defeat the enderdragon without destroying (some) ender crystals, its just harder (or do what greg said above). If i recall correctly, the teleporter "area of effect" direction can be changed using the wrench (not only above the teleporter like IC²) . Regenerating the end allows you to get another egg. You can also use mystcraft to make another "end" dimension.

Yes, I just noticed the changing of the teleporters facing side after some testing. As for regenerating world, I do not like that idea, nor do I like using Mystcraft. I used Mystcraft in the past on a multiplayer server to set up different worlds for different purposes. It would make it way too easy to get to different places and seems too cheap in my opinion. Mining age, Void age for Endermen spawners, Oil age, Lava age and so on ... Had to disable players being able to create any ages or links/portals as well. It took away a lot of fun and tactics/difficulty to create Endermen spawners or setting up resource gathering places as well as a network for transport/travelling (ie. Nether hubs/Railcraft). Just jump in a portal and get all you need and if resources run out nearby, just create a new dimension, nahhh ... no more. It often results in items/ways no longer being used or worked on while part of the mod/addon. In this case teleporters from GT.

By the way, do Ender Crystals have any use apart from looking fancy?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Devilin_Pixy ().

• Since I got no answer, I assume you do not want them :P I will also assume that I will have to wait for your assets folder like everyone else >.>

• Placing a magic energy absorber near an end crystal and turning the appropriate mode on gives you 124 EU/4 ticks=32 EU/t(according to the wiki).

It made more sense before RTGs and with the relatively easier progression when it first came out, but now the associated cost to construct them makes them pretty obsolete. I'm curious as to how the magical generators change in the 5.x versions if they do in fact survive the transition.

In fact, after the sneak peek into energy transfer, any chance we'll get to see some interesting energy generation? Stuff like large diesel engines and small steam turbines were mentioned in the past. Should we be expecting stuff along those lines any time soon?

• @ores
    That wall of ores seems to implement "partial" ores as it was suggested a while back (partial as in less yield / block so more blocks can spawn). Is this correct ?

It is not correct, at least "not now". Right now it generates large (16 to 48) x (16 to 48) x (5 to 7) Clusters of randomly placed Ore Blocks (more being placed towards the middle) with up to 4 different Types of Ore in each Cluster (for example Redstone spawns together with small bits of Cinnabar and Ruby), but I can add those small Ores anytime I want, since the Ores are Mini-MetaTileEntities (TileEntities which save only one value inside them and without any tick callback) and I still have about 29767 Slots free.

But Worldgen is now running somewhat properly, turns out it wasn't a Forge retrogen Feature I didnt know of (and which didn't exist), but instead I accidentially put an X-Coordinate where a Z-Coordinate was needed, turning that into loooooooong Veins of Ore.

I would still recommend using PFAA instead of my own Worldgen, because my own Worldgen is just a bunch of randomly placed Ores in Clusters.

• It is not correct, at least "not now". Right now it generates large (16 to 48) x (16 to 48) x (5 to 7) Clusters of randomly placed Ore Blocks (more being placed towards the middle) with up to 4 different Types of Ore in each Cluster (for example Redstone spawns together with small bits of Cinnabar and Ruby), but I can add those small Ores anytime I want, since the Ores are Mini-MetaTileEntities (TileEntities which save only one value inside them and without any tick callback) and I still have about 29767 Slots free.

But Worldgen is now running somewhat properly, turns out it wasn't a Forge retrogen Feature I didnt know of (and which didn't exist), but instead I accidentially put an X-Coordinate where a Z-Coordinate was needed, turning that into loooooooong Veins of Ore.

I would still recommend using PFAA instead of my own Worldgen, because my own Worldgen is just a bunch of randomly placed Ores in Clusters.

I don't know, this looks quite interesting. PFAA also isn't out yet I don't think, so this worldgen may have to work.

• It is not correct, at least "not now". Right now it generates large (16 to 48) x (16 to 48) x (5 to 7) Clusters of randomly placed Ore Blocks (more being placed towards the middle) with up to 4 different Types of Ore in each Cluster (for example Redstone spawns together with small bits of Cinnabar and Ruby), but I can add those small Ores anytime I want, since the Ores are Mini-MetaTileEntities (TileEntities which save only one value inside them and without any tick callback) and I still have about 29767 Slots free.

8)

• Lets show off some of the Ores in the World. I just chose a few of the ones which I found on the Surface. And yes, Iron Ore (and Tetrahedrite) requires a Bronze or Iron Pick to mine. There are also a few Copper and Tin Ore Blocks which require just Stone Pickaxes.