[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Greg, the "machine casings" (not hulls) state they aren't TEs. Did you invent something eventbased or so? Or are they just nonticking, passive devices?

They state that because there are idiots out there, who don't get that they are not a TileEntity and are therefor usable as Decoration. Also I multithreaded the Machineblock Update, so Servers won't get Lag Spikes once someone places them.

ah i forgot that machine casings were those blocks on blast furnaces XD

ok, then they are just blocks sending an event to the te when placed^^

Yes. They will be replacing the old Machine Casings.

Dunno what these do:
    Bronze hulls state a max voltage 2147483647? Can they be used as a sort of substitute to wires?

Oops, they shouldn't display that Tooltip, since they are not electric.

Since greg replaced vanilla worldgen he may have replaced lava and water aswell?

No. Just the Ores. Those "Fluids" you talk of are display Items, which just show the Texture and the Name of a Fluid.

Greg, I assume all oregen from vanilla is disabled (apart from emeralds, as you said). Do all of your ores spawn at one rarity or another? If so, are there any that are very rare that we should know about?

Edit: I also don't see any traditional nether/end ores in their respective dimensions. I see lead, copper, iron, gold and tin in all three dims. Are these intentional?
    Edit2: Found garnierite and pentlandite, and bentonite and glauconite ore veins in end, stll no end ores.
    Edit3: Found magnetite and huge nether quartz (BTW, maybe some quartzite and certus quartz with these?) orespawns in nether. Are these the new dimension specific ores?

Except for the Netherquartz Ore Mix, every Ore Mix is available in the Overworld, some are just very rare. The small Ores spawn in every Dimension, the End has Iridium and Platinum as additional small Ores, while the Overworld has Coal, and (what I forgot to add) Netherquartz should have been added to the Nether Small Ores.

I really want you to continue working on 1.6.4 textures
    =======
    Anybody know what does uum_materialcost mean in 1.6.4's GT's MaterialProperties.cfg ?

That is a planned thing for when I do the UUM thing myself.

Greg, would it be possible for ores to be displayed with the stone underneath and a unique overlay for each ore? So that texturers don't have that much work to do.

(Maybe the core ores need a separate texture?)

The Ores do the Overlay thing already. Every Material has an Icon Set consisting out of up to 96 Textures, 64 Item textures followed by 32 Block Textures. Most Icon Sets are very similar to each other, but there are some unique ones in there.

• The Ores do the Overlay thing already. Every Material has an Icon Set consisting out of up to 96 Textures, 64 Item textures followed by 32 Block Textures. Most Icon Sets are very similar to each other, but there are some unique ones in there.

That's good to know. I haven't opened up the resource file yet.

How are MetaItems colored btw? Is it possible to create a "base" texture of each MetaItem type (e.g. an ingot) in greyscale, and then all the various types of the MetaItem (e.g. Copper Ingot, Tin Ingot) would be colored on load, using a color scheme that can be specified in the config?

• I haven't loaded up the mod but now when we have ten versions for each ore will that mean there will be hundreds of pages of recipes for machines like alloy smelter and grinder? It would be awesome if you could somehow have only one recipe entry for stuff that is using the same oredict entry. In 1.6.4 when I had 3-4 different copper and tin ingots I had a whole crapload of copper+tin=bronze recipes in alloy smelter making browsing the various recipes unfeasible.

• I know everyone here loves PFAA, but I was wondering if you have any plans to support Underground Biomes Constructs, which is already updated for 1.7.2.

I really like the new ore distribution system, but it's kind of a bummer that the overlay thing doesn't work with all the special rock types added by UBC. I really like the way the world generates with UBC, and I kinda like the textures a bit more than PFAA, so your ores working properly with that would be phenomenal.

Anyways, this 1.7.2 update is looking fantastic so far. I love the direction you're going with everything.

• That's good to know. I haven't opened up the resource file yet.

How are MetaItems colored btw? Is it possible to create a "base" texture of each MetaItem type (e.g. an ingot) in greyscale, and then all the various types of the MetaItem (e.g. Copper Ingot, Tin Ingot) would be colored on load, using a color scheme that can be specified in the config?

The Config for those things is not possible, they use the RGBa Entries of the Materials directly, and some Materials have a "glowing" Effect hardcoded into the RGBa Arrays, like the Radioactive and Magic Materials.

I haven't loaded up the mod but now when we have ten versions for each ore will that mean there will be hundreds of pages of recipes for machines like alloy smelter and grinder?

Those 10 Ores are all different, the Small Ores are not even Silktouchable, meaning there are only 5 Ores to worry about, and all 5 have different Recipes, due to the Rock Dust they Output as Byproduct.

It would be awesome if you could somehow have only one recipe entry for stuff that is using the same oredict entry.

That is already the case. Only Ores are not doing that, because they are not unificatable.

In 1.6.4 when I had 3-4 different copper and tin ingots I had a whole crapload of copper+tin=bronze recipes in alloy smelter making browsing the various recipes unfeasible.

How ancient was the GT Version you used? There is only one Recipe for me per Dust+Ingot, Ingot+Ingot, Ingot+Dust and Dust+Dust Combination.

• What is this fucking Open Alpha Shit??? I have better things to do then Play GregTech all day! Go Closed Alpha and don't send me a fucking copy :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Everyone does this Open Alpha Bullshit right now, so why not me too? :P

But But... I'm trying to truly work on my Game :P But I guess I can open it up and get some ideas from it :P Btw you don't mind that my crafting system is very semi inspired by slavery?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• --Snip--

I like this, a review by someone who admits they aren't great at automation and doesn't mind that GT focuses heavily on automation because that is how it was designed.

You my friend are a rare kind of person, you just gave a reasonable person review of something you don't really care for, rather than shouting about things!

:thumbup:

• REI's is better

i used map writers on both awaken nightmare and Kirara, and is pretty good, we can keep recorded where we already explored, so it helps with teleporting later on.

I just tested the alpha sheity version, just as i foretold, rainbow underground , okay not that much, but i did not see anything that resemble redstone or diamnods, found almost none iron and gold, so unless it is not suposed to be like that, we have a problem...
    Besides, i saw that now we can break the granite with iron pickaxe easily, break equals destroy it, so to mine we still require diamond pickaxe, so it is a better thing.
    But i prob did something very wrongly because every time i try to log in, the first try give me a fatal error and toss me at the multiplayer section (wtf) , then on the second try it goes normal (i supose...) ,so anyone can help me? what version of forge is suposed to use, and MC?

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• i used map writers on both awaken nightmare and Kirara, and is pretty good, we can keep recorded where we already explored, so it helps with teleporting later on.

I just tested the alpha sheity version, just as i foretold, rainbow underground , okay not that much, but i did not see anything that resemble redstone or diamnods, found almost none iron and gold, so unless it is not suposed to be like that, we have a problem...
    Besides, i saw that now we can break the granite with iron pickaxe easily, break equals destroy it, so to mine we still require diamond pickaxe, so it is a better thing.
    But i prob did something very wrongly because every time i try to log in, the first try give me a fatal error and toss me at the multiplayer section (wtf) , then on the second try it goes normal (i supose...) ,so anyone can help me? what version of forge is suposed to use, and MC?

I get this as well.

• Just as i foretold, rainbow underground, okay not that much

One Vein is about 3x3 Chunks large and every 3x3 of Chunks has exactly one Vein. And ofcourse Diamonds are rare.

I did not see anything that resemble redstone or diamnods, found almost none iron and gold, so unless it is not suposed to be like that, we have a problem...

Iron and Gold are closer to the Surface boundled together with Magnetite. But if you dont find large Veins, there are still those small basic Ores everywhere, which drop a crushed Ore. (and later also other similar Items).

Were you in Adventure Mode? It didn't look like you were, but I gonna test that.

NEI Problem, I get that too when trying to set time/weather inside the Nether (I wanted to use Rightclick on those things to disable it because I just remembered it).

• I had the same problem in 1.6.4. (GT 4.08s).

The problem is not the ingots.

Looking through the alloy smelter recipes for bronze... 52 pages of recipes. Apart from the useful dust/ingot combinations there are recipes for melting down bronze plated bricks, bronze machine hull, bronze turbine blade, small coal boiler, steam furnace, steam smelter, steam forge hammer, and so on...
    Most of the recipes for "making" bronze is actually melting down stuff.

Which brings the total recipe count for the alloy smelter to 1350.
    And the first page of the alloy smelter recipes is water bucket -> bucket.

I just tested the alpha sheity version, just as i foretold, rainbow underground

Also, one thing i noticed with black granite from the video and 4.08s... The thing is so black that it's really hard to distinguish it from an area without any blocks. What i mean is if you dig a tunnel down in the middle of black granite somebody else probably won't notice the tunnel entrance at all. If you rely on your eyes, it's as if it doesn't exist. Is that intentional?

That thing is actually what made me install WAILA. Since you can't really extend your hand and see if there is a block there or not in Minecraft.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

The post was edited 3 times, last by black3agl3 ().

• Well, Greg might well delete redstone, since this material is anything but realistic.

No, I will just add things which make regular Redstone the worst alternative.

Also, one thing i noticed with black granite from the video and 4.08s... The thing is so black that it's really hard to distinguish it from an area without any blocks.

Are you racist against Granite? I think that is called Sedimentism.

But it is ofcourse intended to be that dark.

-----

I finished the 5 new Conveyor Modules. Their Speed and therefore their Lag is depending on Tier, the lowest Tier being the least laggy one. The Conveyor Pump thingy has been removed (don't know if I readd that), you can put a Conveyor on Block 1 and a Pump on Block 2 to achieve that anyways.

Also: It will take some time until I release an update to the Alpha, since derping around is not enough of a Reason to update almost dayly.