[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• GT Teleporter is really cool being able to teleport wherever you want. Is there any kind of Return mechanism?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Was hoping some kind of high powered recall device that used a butt load of power haha :P

That is not a bad idea even... other than the implementation details of chunkloading / detecting energy.
    EDIT: Would be nice if a player can activate a homing signal that another player operating the "reverse teleporter" can lock onto and then portal selected person over.

• if it have ic2, you already have a "healing" item , canned food.

I mean something lower on the tech, like bandages, made with paper and some "medicinal" herbs (IC² crops anyone?)

GT Teleporter is really cool being able to teleport wherever you want. Is there any kind of Return mechanism?

Just a second teleporter as they mentioned. By the way, you can do inter-dimensional teleports if you have an ender dragon egg adjacent to the teleporter. Usually one-way because you dont have more than one egg.

• Is anywhere in config ability to disable teleporter to teleport to another dimensions? (when you have dragon egg) If not, can it be added? I don´t want to ban dragon eggs or neither teleporters

EDIT: after some tests it seems, that dimensions not working?

• Is anywhere in config ability to disable teleporter to teleport to another dimensions? (when you have dragon egg) If not, can it be added? I don´t want to ban dragon eggs or neither teleporters

EDIT: after some tests it seems, that dimensions not working?

It works ONLY on Dimensions, meaning that it has to be a Dimension in order for you to teleport there. Other Planets are not a Dimension. It is more of a Whitelist thing, since I only whitelisted Vanilla Dimensions, Mystcraft Dimensions and the Twilight Forest Dimension.

-----

Meanwhile I'm working on the Disassembler. Disassembles all my Machines with a percentual Chance based on its Tier (from Tier 1 = 20% to Tier 5 = 100%), and ALWAYS gives you the things you used to actually craft the Machine, nothing else. 100% NOT EXPLOITABLE.

It saves the Ingredients inside the Machine Item when you craft it, and then proceeds to store that NBT inside the Machine itself when placed/dropped. Spawned Machines will ofcourse not work in it, since they have no Ingredients.

• Ok, so it is not possible to get anywhere else than to the nether, end and normal world? No support for galacticraft planets, multiverse made maps or so? Ok, good enough (I don´t wanna some gods teleporting to restricted areas on my server :D )

• 1. What about upgrades? (Are there any left?) Will they be disassembled too?
    2. Stop adding new features without a new version :P, it's painful.

• some "medicinal" herbs (IC² crops anyone?)

Basic tier made from say planting vines on crops? Or ferns, or bushes, or tall grass? And make drugs out of it, how could someone not like IC2 if it added weed? :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• So, I have made 5 electric Piston Component Items (I WILL NOT MAKE THEM MOVE BLOCKS AT ALL, SO DON'T ASK) for things like Compressors and such, what could that be used for as Cover? The Conveyor Modules are for example Item Moving Covers, while the Pumps are moving Fluids. But an electric Piston? What could that be used for as Cover?

Something like Pneumatic, or maybe Magnetic covers?

Topic Ideas for GT/IC2:
    Security cameras: place them, link them to a monitor, watch what happends in those corridors (PortalGuns portals did this in some way). Neat feature for multiplayer. Never saw something like it.
    Laser: Sure the big hurting one too, but i speak more of laser sensors security wise. Not only for defending also to turn high voltage line of, if a player goes near them (such sensor are often use in industrial applications to protect ingenieurs who try to repair dangerous machines/high voltage stuff)
    Radioactive waste: i kind of like the idea to have to think about how to get rid of it without destroying my ecosystem. (Also any other kind of ecosystem harmful stuff). A industrial version of 'taint' + of course machines/ways to help with it.
    Terraformer: I'm not sure if it already does, but Terraformer actually changing the biome (not just the blocks) slowly, and if turned of, slowly restoring the original. (Usefull for other mods like forestry bees, also nice to have the same grass/water/ect color)

Security cameras: CCTV used to be a mod that added cameras doing just that. Back in 1.2.5 i think. Might be discontinued. http://www.minecraftforum.net/…3-01-cctv-block-v01-mlv5/
    Laser: Also an old mod which i think is discontinued. http://www.minecraftforum.net/…59-125-the-laser-mod-v15/
    Radioactive waste: Maybe some special armor to protect from carrying around radioactive material and special storage to prevent radiation.
    Terraformer: Sounds interesting. Like climate control instead of just a block to toggledownfall, more advanced and maybe even a setup of multiple machines or multi-block structure with several components?

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." (Mark Twain)
    GregTech is a wonderful time consuming challenge!
    Fun Paradise V is on it's way ...

• Basic tier made from say planting vines on crops? Or ferns, or bushes, or tall grass? And make drugs out of it, how could someone not like IC2 if it added weed? :D

That would be quite pointless, to be honest. If you wanted useful drugs in game, (meth-)amphetamines or other stimulants (such as caffeine) or various hormones, such as testosterone or epinephrine.

• I've been messing with the config a bunch to figure this out, but the problem just won't stop. I have Ars Magicka 2 and RotaryCraft installed. Pretty much anything I do in the game changes to a completely useless RotaryCraft version of it (like moon stone, vintium, all kinds of stuff). I mean, I don't think RotaryCraft even uses this stuff, because there are no recipes in the game that use them. How do I prevent this from happening? When I smelt a vintium ore, I would like it to turn into Ars Magicka vintium, but it doesn't, it turns into the RotaryCraft version.
    I've disabled all the unifications, and yet this still happens. Anyone know how to help me out? Thanks for the help!

• Something like Pneumatic, or maybe Magnetic covers?

Security cameras: CCTV used to be a mod that added cameras doing just that. Back in 1.2.5 i think. Might be discontinued. http://www.minecraftforum.net/…3-01-cctv-block-v01-mlv5/
    Laser: Also an old mod which i think is discontinued. http://www.minecraftforum.net/…59-125-the-laser-mod-v15/
    Radioactive waste: Maybe some special armor to protect from carrying around radioactive material and special storage to prevent radiation.
    Terraformer: Sounds interesting. Like climate control instead of just a block to toggledownfall, more advanced and maybe even a setup of multiple machines or multi-block structure with several components?

We already have radioactive materials andthe hazmat suit.

• What if the machine is made from another machine?

E.g. in GT 4 you can make E-Furnii with Aluminium Hulls and/or Iron Hulls. Then you can use the E-Furnii to create Induction Furnii, which can then be used to create the Electric Blast Furnii. So if you completely disassemble Electric Blast Furnii, what do you get?

• What if the machine is made from another machine?

E.g. in GT 4 you can make E-Furnii with Aluminium Hulls and/or Iron Hulls. Then you can use the E-Furnii to create Induction Furnii, which can then be used to create the Electric Blast Furnii. So if you completely disassemble Electric Blast Furnii, what do you get?

I bet you can save the components used as NBT data or something, and that data carries on regardless of what you do, like the coins.

• That is not a bad idea even... other than the implementation details of chunkloading / detecting energy.
    EDIT: Would be nice if a player can activate a homing signal that another player operating the "reverse teleporter" can lock onto and then portal selected person over.

Use CC's PDAs and a chunk loader and assuming OpenPeripherals has GT Teleporter support,remote control a Teleporter.of course,a Teleporter recall function would need adding.
    You could also use the PDA for a lot of things as well as your Teleporter-opening doors,remote-controlling a factory and things like that.

• A recall device would be good indeed. It would require some kind of "quantum singularity" fuel per use and tons of energy.

I wonder when GregTech will be actually "Intergalactical" where you can apply the concept of Per Fabrica Ad Astra "through the stars".
    Installing starminer just to play around in the space dimension it has.

Edit: If someone learned the japanese voodoo magics to do entity gravity...

• I wonder when GregTech will be actually "Intergalactical" where you can apply the concept of Per Fabrica Ad Astra "through the stars".
    Installing starminer just to play around in the space dimension it has.

Yes, space, new dimensions, stargates. All things that I want, but Greg has no plans for currently.
    Galacticraft with it's rockets, while amazingly cool, isn't the direction I'd want it to go. Stargates seems like the best way.

Also, aliens.
    Edit /robots