[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Surface :P

*Sigh* I'm going to have fun doing more mining :S

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Biomes are not affecting Ore spawnrates anymore!

Hurray - no more biome hunting for gems :thumbsup: Still have the issue of Railcraft's abyssal stone though

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Any chance for a config option for that, greg? D: I liked biome specific stuff! Perhaps in some biomes it is simply more common?

• Hey, does someone have a MineTweaker config for Galacticraft at hand? It seems like an interesting mod to add, but I don't like the default recipes... I'm hoping for some GT highend recipes with Data Orbs and stuff ^^
    If nothing like that is available, I could try to do it on my own.
    And is there a way to power GC machines indirectly with EU although the EU integration of GC is broken? If that's not possible, there's still Mj...

Check the kirara thread (hint: check my signature) for the script that I use. Just replace the machine recipes with something else, ensureloadedlast kinda messes things up with those, lets hope the 1.7 version will fix that.

• With the Biome thing I meant that I dont do checks for the Biomes anymore. Biomes which have more Stone (Extreme Hills) do have more Ores than the ones with less Stone (Oceans). Extreme Hills usually contain much more starter Ores like Copper or Iron and they are easy to see, so in the beginning you should head out for such Biomes.

• Quantum chests/tanks are so advanced, why can't they retain the items/liquid inside them after wrenching them?

Extremly Overpowered. That's why. Any "Inventory in Inventory" thing is overpowered even if you have to place it down before using it.

• Aww, fine. But I wish we had some kind of backpack (you can't have more than one inside inventory or you won't be able to move [slowness X effect], neither be able to nest them).

• Any chance for a config option for that, greg? D: I liked biome specific stuff! Perhaps in some biomes it is simply more common?

I am kinda conflicted about it... yes I liked the hunt for biomes (which pretty much stops with a XHill next to meadows / forest). However, having no such restriction will make it possible for the server population to settle about anywhere and spread the mining around a bit.

• @UNG: The Cables lose Voltage per Meter and that for every single Packet (Packet = Ampere). For example a Tin Cable would go 32 -> 31 -> 30 -> 29 -> 28 etc., while a 4x Tin Cable connected to a MV->LV Transformer Output (4 Packets) will go 4x32 (128 ) -> 4x31 (124) -> 4x30 (120) -> 4x29 (116) -> 4x28 (112) etc. It is basically EXACTLY like the old Enet, but with the ability to have multiple Cables (or Cables which behave like Multiples) within one single Block.

1) Can you connect 4x cables directly to 1x cables?
    If yes:

2) Is four 32 packets exactly the same as one 128 packet? Assuming that the machine you feed it into supports 128 V.

3) What happens if you connect a machine that handles 32 V to a 4x tin cable carrying 4x32? Does it explode? Does it simply rejects excess packets? Does it accept the excess packets?

EDIT: I like the not-check-for-biomes change though. Makes life easier when you have Biomes O Plenty installed.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

The post was edited 1 time, last by black3agl3 ().

• 1) Can you connect 4x cables directly to 1x cables?

Yes, but it would be pointless unless you want a Fuse or something.

1a) Say a live 4x tin cable is connected to one 1x tin cable. Does the 1x tin cable melt down?

Only if something emits more than 1 Packet AND something else accepts more than one Packet. (Machines usually accept up to 2 Packets, see below)

1aa)Same as above but do machines drawing power or not drawing power affect whether the cable melts?

Yes it is the amount of actually drawn Power melting the Cable.

1b) Say a 4x tin cable is connected to four 1x tin cables. Does the packets split evenly between each of the 1x tin cables?

Nope, it will prefer a certain Line and melt said Line down.

1c) Say a 4x tin cable is connected to five 1x tin cables. How are the packets split?

They aren't as said right above.

2) Is four 32 packets exactly the same as one 128 packet? Assuming that the machine you feed it into supports 128 V.

Not exactly! Machines usually accept only 2 or 3 Amperes at once, the rest gets rejected. Inserting 4 Amperes of 32 EU-V into a 128 EU-V Machine will result in an Insufficient Energy Line (And EVERY Machine can have THAT now, even Steam ones once they are done!).

3) What happens if you connect a machine that handles 32 V to a 4x tin cable carrying 4x32? Does it explode? Does it simply rejects excess packets? Does it accept the excess packets?

It just rejects excess Amperes. You can do a 12x Line and 3 MV->LV-Transformers at your Workstation to supply up to 12 Basic Machines (depending on Recipes even more than 12) with one Line. Just don't make the Cable too long or you will suffer way too much Cable Loss (since it looses 12 times as much EU per Meter as a single Cable).

Edit: For people who are interessted in how much Amperes a Machine actually takes here an overview:
    Basic Machines usually work with this Formula: ((EU of Recipe * 2) / Voltage of Machine) + 1.
    Since no Machine can actually use Recipes exceeding their Voltage (since I block those Recipes) it cant get larger than 3 Amperes, meaning you cannot power a 128 EU-V Machine with 32 EU-V under normal Circumstances (there are ways around that, but they are much more inconvenient than placing a Transformer).

Transformers work with this Formula if they are not stepping up the Voltage: (Voltage UP / Voltage LOW)
    This is resulting in 4 Amperes for almost every case. (The MAX-Voltage Transformer has 4096 Amperes and is the only exception)

Everything else accepts ONLY 1 Ampere.

• Just get the Voltage right and everything should be okay as long as you don't fry your Wires (use 4x Wires after each Transformer to not fry them).

You think we can have an 'explain like I'm 5' for current/voltage. It's been a while since IC2 non-experimental.