[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Inserting 4 Amperes of 32 EU-V into a 128 EU-V Machine will result in an Insufficient Energy Line (And EVERY Machine can have THAT now, even Steam ones once they are done!).

Then I think each machine should have a power-off switch, because it's really stupid that you have to pick up the cable or even pipe now to stop the machine. It makes much more sense to switch the machine of/unplug the wire from it than to destroy your whole cable.

Also bug time:
    Trying to open creative tabs just freezes the game.
    When you have NEI tooltips on and look at a machine, fps goes down a lot and memory usage starts increasing rapidly.
    Searching in NEI takes more than 10 seconds (without GT there's no problem).
    When you look at any Tiny Ore with NEI tooltips, the tooltip switches rapidly between Impure something, Tiny Ore, Crushed Something etc. (hard to read it at the speed it's flickering)

• good ol' I = V/r takes me back to my school days

Greg's explanation makes sense, especially with the formula he gives to determine the number of amperes a machine can take. I think you'll grasp it once you apply it in-game

• Then I think each machine should have a power-off switch, because it's really stupid that you have to pick up the cable or even pipe now to stop the machine. It makes much more sense to switch the machine of/unplug the wire from it than to destroy your whole cable.

If you wanna turn Power off (but works only if it is already showing the insufficient Warning) then use the Machine Controller Cover for that (once I have readded it) or use a Rubber Hammer on it. Since both doesnt exist now you cannot do that in the Open-Alpha.

Also bug time:
    Trying to open creative tabs just freezes the game.

Not for me.

When you have NEI tooltips on and look at a machine, fps goes down a lot and memory usage starts increasing rapidly.
    Searching in NEI takes more than 10 seconds (without GT there's no problem).
    When you look at any Tiny Ore with NEI tooltips, the tooltip switches rapidly between Impure something, Tiny Ore, Crushed Something etc. (hard to read it at the speed it's flickering)

You just reported 3 native NEI Bugs. I cant do anything about those. Here is why:
    1. I don't have that with my Version of NEI, maybe because I allocated 4GB RAM. FPS only goes down if you run out of RAM.
    2. My Blocks and Items have Tooltips NEI searches through those aswell causing Search Lag.
    3. Happens to other Mods Ores too. Even to UB Stones. It just displays 1 of the Random drops you would get when mining the Block, and since there are 3 different ones it flickers. That happened in 1.6.4 too.

• good ol' I = V/r takes me back to my school days

Greg's explanation makes sense, especially with the formula he gives to determine the number of amperes a machine can take. I think you'll grasp it once you apply it in-game

A Machine which drains 31 EU/t needs those 31 EU/t, but the evil Cable Loss will make that almost impossible, so it needs 2 Amperes like the Formula shows: 31*2/32 + 1 = 2. If it drains 32 EU/t you get an extra Ampere, even though that might not be needed (this can be slightly risky at optimized contraptions), and if the Machine doesn't do any Work it will always be 1 Ampere (which would be used for charging the "Battery Upgrade").

• Well this this looking kind of more complicated than I first thought. Do we have any tools in game to help know how much power each recipe/machine uses and also how much power is going through a specific piece of cable?

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• How about a fuse upgrade? When you want to be extra save, apply that upgrade and instead of the machine blowing up, you only lose a fuse that must be replaced.

My only times blowing up stuff on my last server were missclicks. Once clicking that energy output button, another time placing a cable too much, bridging over a transformer...

• Instead of blowing up machines, I'd rather have " Y damaged X" that must be disassembled to retrieve some of the material, then rebuilt. The higher the voltage above the maximum, the more damaged the machine will be and the less you will be able to retrieve on disassemble.

• Why not have a mix of both then? IRL you blow up fuses to protect your machines. But say you channel a lightning strike through your machine. It will blow up your fuse. But there is a high chance your machine's internal components get blown up too, in addition to your fuse.

So, fuses protect your machines fully from being connected to 1 tier higher power. Higher than that you have a chance something gets blown up.

You get something like:

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    I have copied this line

The post was edited 6 times, last by black3agl3 ().

• The need to recraft would nicely fit into the new machine dissasembly.

Another thing i would like: Higher tier circuits need special assambly machines like a multi block clean room. Or maybe that as the more efficient later game method. Still needs to be easily automated.

Also: What happens when cables come in contact with water? Is there a difference between isolated and non-isolated cabels? Not that you can build water cooled 1 Amp cabels, that suddenly have no limit since the fire will allways put out from water.

• It's not that the cable catches fire, it's that the cable block is replaced by a Fire block. The cable is actually just straight up destroyed.

However, I like your thinking with the idea of water-cooled cables being able to transport higher current. After all, cables fail due to overheating from too much load; if you have a cooling system it's much harder to overheat the cable.

... However*2, because of the old Minecraft semi-infinite water problem, the idea of water-cooled cables is cool but impossible to balance. Totally something a mod other than GT would do because it's totally a cool idea, but not something that would fit into the GT balance paradigm.

• However, I like your thinking with the idea of water-cooled cables being able to transport higher current. After all, cables fail due to overheating from too much load; if you have a cooling system it's much harder to overheat the cable.

Force finite water XD
    Greg gone so mad he nerfes water.

• Btw, what does this mean in the startup log? I'm seeing it a lot right now.

Client> ERROR: RECIPE-MAP NOT FOUND IN OPTIMIZED RECIPE-MAP-MAP!!!

Edit:
    Two other errors:

[16:04:08 INFO]: Client> [16:04:08] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Unknown recipe class! gregtech.api.util.GT_Shapeless_NBT_Keeping_Recipe Modder please refer to net.minecraftforge.oredict.RecipeSorter
    [16:04:08 INFO]: Client> [16:04:08] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Unknown recipe class! gregtech.api.util.GT_Shaped_NBT_Keeping_Recipe Modder please refer to net.minecraftforge.oredict.RecipeSorter
    [16:04:08 INFO]: Client> [16:04:08] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Unknown recipe class! gregtech.api.util.GT_Shaped_Recipe Modder please refer to net.minecraftforge.oredict.RecipeSorter
    [16:04:08 INFO]: Client> [16:04:08] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Unknown recipe class! gregtech.api.util.GT_Shapeless_Recipe Modder please refer to net.minecraftforge.oredict.RecipeSorter

This error, or something similar, appears to post for

• Force finite water XD
    Greg gone so mad he nerfes water.

That was funny.

The idea is cool but kind of hard to actually apply in game... Cables, machines, water everywhere.
    Well not that hard but it wouldn't look quite right.

I have copied this line

• That's where my idea of electric discharge on conductive stuff would come. If anything conductive is within range, and the voltage is high enough, it would discharge on that, wasting energy and causing bad things if the "stuff" is another energy line.

• Ought to just make Amperage dependent on the wire connecting machines to generators... Then, the simple formula of (V/R) = I, could be applied in gameplay...

Plus, it would be easier to calculate on the fly as well...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.