[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Hmm, I think something is wrong once again.
    I have the required textures for certain block sides, and others work, but some textures refuse to be used.
    I have checked and the names are correct.
    Ignore graininess:

• You can not escape the tonal bronze colour :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• ok now, how does one go about disabling certain gregtech macro recipe overrides? cant seem to find specific config options...

(in this case, ruby, sapphire and peridot/olivine overrides need removing)

• I would of thought all block recipes are in compressor anyway.
    Surely you can use the GT ruby block in BoP stuff, or does BoP not use the ore dict >.>

• I would of thought all block recipes are in compressor anyway.
    Surely you can use the GT ruby block in BoP stuff, or does BoP not use the ore dict >.>

I re-enabled the standard table recipe to see if it would fix it, but it obviously didn't as you can see above.

the problem we have here is microblocks, they don't use the oredict (cause its simply impossible), nor are any of the blocks registered apart from the macro-generated greg blocks, of which, the greg blocks are not registered to microblocks, so as a result we have no way of making ruby, sapphire or peridot/olivine microblocks without using the (somewhat ugly) projectred ones, weirdly the projectred ones still exist yet the BOP ones are overwritten... (most likely oredict vs standard)

essentially I need to either remove the gregtech gem block recipes or re-override them to the original.

• If all you care about is microblocks, did you know you can manually add microblock materials to the forge multipart config?
    I did it on my server and it works perfectly, I can make multiblocks out of all the regular non-TE blocks in GT.

• Miners are very nice and do not leave very big holes(tm) in your world.

• You are aware of the fact that you can use the Printer to SWITCH between the different Storage Block Versions? Read the fucking Manuals, is all I can say about that.

• Im in 1.6 still. The diamond drill does take the two titanium, but the pack I play has special recipes so it adds steel gears to the BC quarry recipe, not iron, and its STILL better to make that than a Miner.

Wait, you are complaining about the non-default recipes of your server not being properly balanced and you ask other mods to change their default recipes to "fix" this? It's GT that changes the quarry to require steel gears, advanced circuit and diamond drill

By default GT changes the BC quarry to require diamond drill. To make a diamond drill one requires a regular drill. This means the only real difference between quarry and miner is the need to upgrade the drill to diamond for the quarry. Regular drill requires stainless steel that you claimed to be the most problematic resource (in my worlds I often had a ton of chrome from exploration before I even got my first steel produced).

Now, if your server has changed the quarry to NOT require diamond drill then it's a problem with your server being way out of balance.

You need the blast furnace for the stainless steel anyway and if you didnt find chrome you needed a centrifuge for the chrome. So what does titanium add? Electrolyzer.

Not only that but you also need to upgrade your blast furnace from 1700k required for stainless steel to 2500K in order to be able to process titanium. A 800K jump in heat is no small thing and you WILL need a bunch of advanced casings for your first blast furnace to achieve that. With lava core and full reinforced casings it only reaches 2200K. You can't produce any heating coil upgrades before you already have 2500K blast furnace.

So, yes, upgrading from a miner to quarry does require MASSIVE upgrade to your infrastructure. Claiming that titanium is no biggie is simply ignorant.

[edit]

Read the fucking Manuals, is all I can say about that.

If only there was a way to have access to all the books GT adds ....

Though it is possible to read the contents of them from the translation files. Has anyone added the information contained in them to wiki?

• Afaik Titanium only takes 1700k I found it very easy to go Drill > Diamond Drill on my last server. I had fresh configs for GT's latest 1.6 version as well. I ended up minetweakering new recipes in to fix some progression issues such as the quarry being too easy to access.

• Afaik Titanium only takes 1700k

Not according to NEI and it's addons that report needing 2500K for smelting titanium. Those addons could be bugged, though. I certainly haven't changed any configs.

• I sure hope centrifuges become craftable soon. ;.;
    Got two double-chests full of powders, one and a half of crushed ore, and a double chest of raw ore. So much processing what needs doing. So many byproducts to get. Much wow.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Ok first, i wasnt complaining. I think the miner is a well designed idea, and it rarely gets used. Making it only costs steel would make it more appealing to all players who use other mods that offer auto mining options in their packs. Which is 99% of GT players out there, I would think. I think it's safe to say that most players who play GT have buildcraft installed.

I was saying that the server im on made the BC quarry even MORE expensive than the GT recipe, and people STILL wont make Miners. They KEPT the drill but instead of the Iron gears, they substituted GT steel gears, so more metal required, and its 24 steel for 3 years, vs 8 ingots for the BC gears. AND the server im on restricts Landmarks for the quarry, so they have the Ender Quarry but changed its recipe to be a BC Quarry IN the Ender Quarry recipe... so to make 'a quarry' in my server, you need to make a more expensive BC quarry, then craft it with the ender quarry parts to finally get 'a quarry'. This adds a bunch of enchanted books, ender pearls, diamonds, and obsidian ON TOP of the ALREADY harder BC quarry...

And still... no one makes Miners. I just made an ender quarry, skipped right on by a Miner. Even in a pack where 'a quarry' is much harder to make than the regular GT recipe BC quarry is... people STILl dont make miners. Thats my point.

As for making titanium, the first blast furnace I made was 2000K. The wiki says titanium is 1500K, stainless is 2000.

So it seems stainless is a higher tier metal than titanium. The ore needed is very rare in the overworld, or requires you to go to the End. Titanium is from a fairly easy to find ore in the overworld, and you find a good bit of it when you get some.

Claiming that titanium is no biggie is simply ignorant.

Am i reading the wiki wrong?

1500 (Galena, Titanium, Iron Ore, Silicon)
    2000 (Stainless Steel)

So ahhh... how does upgrading from a miner to a quarry require a massive upgrade? The only really hard thing added to the quarry is the titanium, and once you get to where you can mke a miner, you pretty much can make titanium. Am i missing something here?

The post was edited 4 times, last by zorn ().

• I discovered an issue on my self-modded server based around GregTech and intended to be hard mode (1.6.4). One of the mods included is Galacticraft and I noticed that GC Aluminum ore can now all of a sudden be smelted into ingots in any furnace. This used to be different and I was previously only able to process the ore through either GT machines or the Rock Crusher from Railcraft resulting in GT Aluminium dusts which had to be smelted in the Industrial Blastfurnace to be able to get to ingots. I was happy with this balance making it kind of mid-tier to be able to actually use Aluminum/Aluminium to progress in GC. Now this balance is completely broken being able to get the ingots so easily. GC Aluminum ore spawns quite a lot and the Industrial Blastfurnace is no longer needed.
    I checked the changes I made to the modpack over time and can only conclude it has to do with an update from Galacticraft build #1010 (default 1.6.4 download) to a dev build from Jenkins #1044 about a week ago to fix lag issues and sealing problems. I posted my issue on the Galacticraft forum and I know it's not an issue with GregTech (no changes were made to GT anyway). I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue since I know some of you do play with a combination of GT and GC with Jenkins builds. Maybe someone on the Kirara server? (SpwnX?). Any info on this issue would be appreciated.

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." (Mark Twain)
    GregTech is a wonderful time consuming challenge!
    Fun Paradise V is on it's way ...