[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Update: Vacuum Freezer and Implosion Compressor now use Frost Proof and Solid Steel Casings respectively. Added Multi Smelter, a Super Furnace as Multiblock which does 6, 12 or 18 Items at once (depending on Coil Level), also it goes roundrobin over the Inputs so it does every inserted Item somewhat equally often (as long as you don't insert prime numbers or other uneven amounts). The Speed (overclockedness) depends on the Voltage of the Hatches. It is built like a Blast Furnace minus one Coil Row.

• best bet really is to just offload major compute tasks like pathfinding and large algorithms to at least one extra thread, if you really wanted to you could try your hand at openCL but last I checked that's heavy to set up on java and wouldn't be helpful for servers really.

Problem is there really isn't such big compute tasks in MC. What MC does have is insane amounts of tiny entities interacting with each other.
    Though I'd absolutely LOVE to see chunk generation be multithreaded somehow. With a bunch of mods installed it takes forever for new chunks to generate. Using optifine makes it several times faster but no were near good enough.

Using GPU on running Minecraft entities seems like a massive waste of time, though I bet an awfully fun one :)
    GPUs have insane lag from inserting data to getting a result and NEED thousands of parallel data points doing roughly similar computations to be of any use.

Ray tracing is considered "embarrassingly parallel" task and has been ported quite successfully to GPUs. Even there having a GPU with roughly 50x higher FLOPS and at minimum 20x higher memory bandwith achieve at best 10x higher speeds than a CPU ray tracers.
    In other words, GPUs are nice for what they do but they have a FAR way to go before the G can be turned into "general" in there :)

• Multiblock which does 6, 12 or 18 Items at once (depending on Coil Level), also it goes roundrobin over the Inputs so it does every inserted Item somewhat equally often (as long as you don't insert prime numbers or other uneven amounts). The Speed (overclockedness) depends on the Voltage of the Hatches. It is built like a Blast Furnace minus one Coil Row.

This is very cool. I like this. Approved.

• Greg, in which veins I can found ores with Antimony?
    I've searched in several dozens of veins (~100) using forge x-ray, found tons of Beryllium/Thorium/Plutonium/Uranium/Tantalite/Aluminium. No Tetrahedrite/Stibnite ores.
    Isn't an Antimony should be more common than those ores? Or am I a loser?

• Greg, in which veins I can found ores with Antimony?
    I've searched in several dozens of veins (~100) using forge x-ray, found tons of Beryllium/Thorium/Plutonium/Uranium/Tantalite/Aluminium. No Tetrahedrite/Stibnite ores.
    Isn't an Antimony should be more common than those ores? Or am I a loser?

I'm not Greg, but I found 2 veins of tetrahedrite (also with antimony ore) just by walking near mountains. They generate above sea level.

• Hey greg! Not sure if you are actually planning to make your own nuclear facility, but there has been talk about how cool it would be, so I have some ideas.

First are the reactor vessels. Going in the vein of the incredibly awesome multiblock structures, I figure it would have 3x3,x4 4x4x4, 5x5x5, and 6x6x6 structures. Each would be made out of various machine blocks which determine it's maximum heat capacity, and maximum containment capacity. For example: Solid Steel Blocks would allow for a heat capacity of 1000, and containment of 100, each used. Heat-proof blocks perhaps 2500 and containment 150. Higher-tier blocks available as well.
    The structure would be non-hollow, with the Reactor Core in the very center, one for 3x3x3, four for 4x4x4, nine for 5x5x5, and sixteen for 6x6x6. Each structure would have a controller block outside the structure, and at least a Water Input and Water Outflow. Optionally one can also have a Decontaminant Input and Decontaminant Outflow. It can have multiple of each. It can also use input and output busses for automation. Lastly can be a muffler hatch that would output excess contaminants when the core reaches maximum containment, dealing a point of damage within a certain area of the core whenever it releases 1 point of containment overflow.
    Now here's how the physics would work:
    Based on the material, it would react much like the current IC2 system. You would put only nuclear cells into the GT reactor slots, rather than the myriad of other stuff IC2 has. For this example we'll be using a 4x4x4 reactor for example.
    Now, this has 4 slots to place fissile material in. So if you put, say, a single standard uranium fuel cell, it would produce 5 heat per tick into the reactor. If water is present, it will automatically transfer from the reactor to turn water into steam at a 1:1 ratio: 5 heat = 5 mB Steam from 5 mB of water. That would be the end of that reaction. Now if you have, say, two Uranium cells, they would produce 20 heat, and 1 gray of radiation. This is where containment comes into play. The reactor core would buffer and hold the radiation to no effect until the maximum is reached. When this happens, each point in excess of the containment would produce heat as well, AND potentially damage equipment and harm the player if nearby. This containment doesn't go down on it's own, and can be removed only one of three ways. First is to use the Decontaminant Pumps to pump in a fluid, which will then pump out Nuclear Waste. The effectiveness depends on the material used- water would use 1 mB of water to remove 1 gray and produce 1 mB of nuclear waste. Other fluids can exist as well. I'll do research on this. The second way is to use a muffler hatch which will disperse the gray into the atmosphere, causing damage to players within a large area (chunk, or more if possible?) each gray released. The last is to input a new Control Rod into one of the cell blocks, which will absorb the gray and take durability damage until it is destroyed. Various control rod materials could exist with different durabilities and absorption ability.
    I figure that Thorium would produce no gray until eight-cell reaction (1/8) with ultra low heat (1/8)
    Uranium-238 only every quad-cell (1/4) with very low heat (1/4)
    Uranium-235 only every dual-cell (1/2) with average heat (1)
    Plutonium-244 cells two each (2) with high heat (2)

Plutonium-241 cells four each (4) with extremely high heat (4)
    And Cobalt-60 cells four each (4)* with very high heat (3)
    Maybe other materials as well.

* Not a very good source of heat and thus a crappy choice for fissile material.

Now, the nuclear waste would be a waste fluid that the player would have to deal with. I figure Extra Utility barrels buried underground. I'm loving this idea.
    The flow of water would depend on the input and outflow used. IE, a pair of ULV pumps would only handle extremely small, part-time reactors using thorium.

These numbers can be tweaked and adjusted, of course. All this is just a general idea on how I picture a multiblock GT reactor could work.

So, if you have a 4x4x4 reactor equipped with four quad-cell thorium, you would produce 60 Heat/tick (and thus 60 mB steam/tick), and 60 gray/tick thus taking 60mB/tick of water to produce 60mB/tick of nuclear waste.
    Same reactor but with quad-cell U-235 would produce 960 heat and 480 gray.
    Ditto with P-241 would produce 2940 heat and 2940 gray. New Zealand will love you.
    And C-80, 2205 heat and 2940 gray. Sucks to be you.

All in all, a GT reactor will damage durability much more slowly than a magical IC2 reactor, to reflect realism since IRL cells can last months or even years.

I think I did the math right...

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by axlegear ().

Now, the nuclear waste would be a waste fluid that the player would have to deal with. I figure Extra Utility barrels buried underground.

Radioizotope generator should handle that for additional heat...then you can get plastic barrels (as plastic is not much used) and bury it.... (new plastic radiactive waste barrel can be fluid tank for only this fluid with cool radioactive mark on it)

Or without radioizotope you will handle with all the waste, with it, you can get little less to concern ?

• No reply? Option one it is then :(

@Above Radioactive waste could be put into a spent fuel pool to cool off, then after a while you can centrifuge it down into non-fissile actinides, OR, you could just shove it into a RITEG for a bit of power. (Less Power though). Unless it's a really high tech centrifuge, you should have to cool down materials to reasonable temperatures before putting it in :P

• I have asked about 4 different questions over the last week or so and you answered none of them >.>

The most important one was in summery;
    Is it possible for me to add a _FRONT for machine blocks? If not, Than I shall simply have to modify my current ones. Is it possible to implement this?

• Could you list the more important ones again? I haven't replied to that many people recently, because I didn't think the Questions were that important, or very obvious like your "are these textures actually used?"-Question, where I could have answered "OFCOURSE, WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE THERE IF I WOULDN'T USE THEM!?!" not to mention that I have answered that Question in the past like 3 times already.

Now I wait for Dropbox to upload the latest GregTech Version, which contains the Mass Fabricator...

Aaaand it is done. Added Mass Fabricator to create UUM the GregTech way. 5 Versions with the standard overclocking Efficiencies of Double Speed = Quadruple Consumption. Also added Controller Cover so you can shut it off, because that thing CAN suffer from Insufficient Energy Lines! Also it produces 1 Liter at a time instead of 10 Liters like the IC² Massfab does.

• Is it possible for me to add a _FRONT for machine blocks? If not, Than I shall simply have to modify my current ones.

There is not a front for machine blocks, the front texture is just the side texture with an overlay, the overlay, however, could be an entire texture in size so it could take up the whole front anyway. For example the electric furnace uses the side texture as the base then renders the OVERLAY_FRONT_ELECTRIC_FURNACE_ACTIVE (387) for the active version or OVERLAY_FRONT_ELECTRIC_FURNACE (251) for the inactive one. If you look at his API download source you will see the mappings there, look at gregtech.api.enums.Textures.java.

• Well seeing as I managed to make _Side's for various textures which did not already have them, I just wanted to be sure :p

I also wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug that they are blank, since about half of the blank ones are _Fronts for machines...

One was just answered, and the other was pretty much; "Is KNIFE in use and KNIVE an old error, that stuck around thanks to me merging folders"?

• Harvestcraft updated weeks ago

You're right, I just sought "harvestcraft" and read the MC forum title which is [1.5.X - 1.6.4] and never clicked on it to see that there's a link of the 1.7.2 version of the mod. Because of, you know, Gregyness lazyness. I'll really get banned one day xD.

• What battery buffers do?
    I have found that they compensate losses in cabels, but they do it even without batteries inserted somehow..nor buffers charge/discharge them

edit: ah, for single use batteries only

• The basic matter fabricator feels... cheap. But I can't remember how to get osmium so it might be not that cheap.
    I like the nether star requirements in some components, though.

From GT 4 I remember you got tiny piles of osmium dust from centrifuging iridium ore. I think :P