[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I am trying to get a Basic Canning Machine to make water cells.

If I put in an empty cell then a water bucket, I get, as expected empty water bucket + water cell.
    If I put in the water bucket first though, the water bucket is immediately turned into an empty water bucket.

I thought it might be because the canning machine has some kind of internal storage. So I pumped it full of water, then put in a water bucket first. Same thing happens. The water is destroyed.

Is this the expected behaviour?

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• I'm talking about the Basic Canning Machine

The one with the tooltip that says "Unmobile Food Canning Machine GTA4"

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    I have copied this line

The post was edited 2 times, last by black3agl3 ().

• Bug or intended 5.01g with IC2 Jet Pack:

Trying to make an electric jet pack and the recipe is available. when I try to craft it it is uncraftable. The recipe requires 2 glowstone, 4 iron casings, 1 bat box, 1 electric circuit. The elctric cricuit was crafted via the basic assembly machine and I made the batteries for the bat box using battery casings in a basic canning machine. When I try to assemble the recipe it does not allow me to craft the jet pack but the recipe shows that it it available.

• Bug or intended 5.01g with IC2 Jet Pack

I can craft the jetpack without any problems. You said "electric circuit". The recipe needs an "advanced circuit"

I have copied this line

• I remember a couple weeks back there was a discussion of how Minecraft could be multithreaded or why that would be a problem, and that Chunk loading was something that was said to be possible to be multithreaded.

Well, then the Bukkit and Forge people went and did that. As of Forge 1123, Chunks can load asynchronously. Whee.

• Y'know, given all the discussion over the last few weeks of Greg's 1.7 block rendering decisions, I'm surprised nobody went and called this mod GradientTech

• Y'know, given all the discussion over the last few weeks of Greg's 1.7 block rendering decisions, I'm surprised nobody went and called this mod GradientTech

Well, anyone who cares enough to complain about that is using a custom texturepack anyway.

• Quoted from "venturaguy101"

If so what does the basic electrolyzer do?
    only very simple recipes, electrolize water, make charged certus crystal, all recipes below 32eu/t. it is the eu/t that say the voltage/tier of the machine, not the sum of all packets/amp , that is only true for multiblocks, because greg.

Quoted from "axlegear"

AFAIK all machines accept only 1 amp
    Not actualy true, machines takes up to 4, e-hatches and automation machines 2, all outer 1.

Suggestion for the electrolyzers is to say "Minimum Required Voltage" instead of "Maximum EU/tic". The maximum EU/tic tends to lead someone to assume that if you have 4 amps of 32 EU tin cable you can power a electrolyzer recipe that needs a maximum of 60 EU/tic since I was supplying at least 100 EU with the 4 amps of tin cable. With the "Minimum 60 EU voltage Required" tells me that I need at least 1 amp of 128 copper cable to use that recipe and thus I need a 2nd tier electrolyzer.

• Interesting little bug.

I put a Huge Copper Pipe to transport some test steam, I put a tiny wooden pipe just on the side of it just to watch it burn (what, it is interesting) while in creative mode, it lit the blocks around it on fire as expected, I then broke the wooden pipe before it itself had a chance to burn and clicked to put out the fires, however the fires kept reigniting and the huge copper pipe looked like it was still 'connected' to the now missing/broken wooden pipe, after a few seconds of putting out fires then the place where the wooden pipe was lit on fire and the texture on the huge copper pipe reverted back to the non-connected texture and the fire no longer was randomly spawning.

Is there a TE not being cleared right or something?

• Still having problems with Apatite being unified into GT Gem Apatite and thus being unuseable in Forestry recipes, namely stamps. HALP.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Still having problems with Apatite being unified into GT Gem Apatite and thus being unuseable in Forestry recipes, namely stamps. HALP.

Does not sound like a GT bug, you can change the unification target, but more correctly Forestry's recipe needs to use the OreDict.

• Does not sound like a GT bug, you can change the unification target, but more correctly Forestry's recipe needs to use the OreDict.

I've used every possible unification setting, including outright turning it off. Forestry and Metallurgy both refuse to play ball.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Yo yo! I read this post rather often but havn`t seen anything about this.

Your gregtech ore-thingy check has reported back 4 items to me when running my modpack and told me to report the stuff to you, so here i am. Heres the items and the mods they`re from (i just took bit from uniquenames)

ThaumcraftExtras:item.thaumcraftextras.item.essence of darkness
    ThaumcraftExtras:item.thaumcraftextras.item.essence of light
    ThaumcraftExtras:item.thaumcraftextras.item.essence of magic (from obvious TC extras 2 mod)
    HydCraft:diamondShard (from hydraulicraft mod)

OHHH BTW, 2 things I don`t think you`d like much since it`s a non-intended non-bug item duplication process doing the following:

1. using the deconstruction table from twilight forest you can decraft anything that uses a hammer/file other-GT-tool-thingy
    and it will give you the full hammers/tools back which then can be decrafted into like some cool ingots that i can't remember the name of but look expensive lol.
    2. using a normal metal former from IC2 u can make a ic2 iron plate or gold plate or something-plate with 1 ingot, then gregtech auto-converts it to gregtech variant of iron/gold plates which costs 2 ingots + hammer, then puttin that into the deconstruction table results in doubling ores if you repeat over n over. so in other words 1 iron = 2 iron + 6 rare ingots.

Of course the deconstructor table from twilight foresty does uses XP, it's not that much xp for the iron/gold/hammer duping and while I won't personally be using this trick, I thought i'd letcha know about it. Do what u will

oh and since this is my first time posting here, I thought i'd letcha know that I LOVE GREGTECH!!!!!!!!! and i call ppl who don't pussy-newbs lol hahaha well.. most of the time :D

• Paste the "unknown thingies" from the log.

Deconstruction table is known to have those duplication bugs with tons of mods, not only with GregTech and TF knows it, which is why it is 99,9% of the times disabled on a server.

• Interesting little bug.

I put a Huge Copper Pipe to transport some test steam, I put a tiny wooden pipe just on the side of it just to watch it burn (what, it is interesting) while in creative mode, it lit the blocks around it on fire as expected, I then broke the wooden pipe before it itself had a chance to burn and clicked to put out the fires, however the fires kept reigniting and the huge copper pipe looked like it was still 'connected' to the now missing/broken wooden pipe, after a few seconds of putting out fires then the place where the wooden pipe was lit on fire and the texture on the huge copper pipe reverted back to the non-connected texture and the fire no longer was randomly spawning.

Is there a TE not being cleared right or something?

Just to clearify it, it needed a few Seconds or it needed exactly five Ticks? Because it checks every 5 Ticks for surrounding TileEntities when searching for Connections.

And the broken Wooden Pipe could have been a visual glitch of vanilla Minecraft. I always get that when instamining things (those pesky invisible Blocks). You might have broken a Fire Block Serverside while your Client thought that it was the Pipe itself.

-----

@ForestryStuff: Sengir didn't use OreDict in any of his Machines, you cannot even use Wood Pulp of GregTech in the Carpenter even though it is registered as both "dustWood" and "pulpWood" ("dustWood" being the better choice, and "pulpWood" being Sengirs one).

• Hi all
    I have ore copies, russian "copper ore 198" and "tin ore 199 end coal, and same of Gregtech ores in dust!
    I want to use only gregtech ores.
    Iuse: ic2, GregTech, buildcraft, forestry (common.conf forestry I configured, no copper and tin gen)
    Help me with config mods.