[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I like Greg's textures, they add colour into an otherwise Grey mod.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Here is a good way to think about it. For any given pipe, it has neighbor pipes that are either input or output pipes. When you have a long chain of pipes, each pipe has a single input neighbor and a single output neighbor. In this case the pipes usually know what to do and perform at peak efficiency. The trouble comes whenever you have 2 or more input neighbors, or 2 or more output neighbors. In these cases you do the following:
    For 2 or more input neighbors: Place an input shutter on each input side of the pipe.
    For 2 or more output neighbors: Place an output shutter on each output side of the pipe.
    In the cases where you have 2+ input and 1 output, or 1 input and 2+ output, you don't need to put a shutter on the single input/output side.
    When you have both 2+ input and 2+ output, then you will have shutters on every connected face.

Just follow these simple rules and you'll have a slosh free pipe system.

Do I have to put shutters on the sides where boilers are attached? I have a set up like this:
    :Glass Fibre: = pipe

:Generator: = boiler

:Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator:

:Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre:

:Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator:

• You don't need shutters on the sides where the boilers are attached, because Boilers cannot have Steam flow into them.

So are we going to have to choose between AE2 and GT?

Only if you want to use the newest version of AE2, and Minecraft 1.7.10. There are still stable releases of AE2 for MC 1.7.2, released before the IC2 API changes.

• You don't need shutters on the sides where the boilers are attached, because Boilers cannot have Steam flow into them.

Only if you want to use the newest version of AE2, and Minecraft 1.7.10. There are still stable releases of AE2 for MC 1.7.2, released before the IC2 API changes.

Quoted from "AnodeCathode"
    So are we going to have to choose between AE2 and GT?

You don't need shutters on the sides where the boilers are attached, because Boilers cannot have Steam flow into them.

Well MC 1.7.2 is not stable. AE2 versions for 1.7.2 are not complete, nor stable. So you're saying launch a server on a bunch of pre-release mods? Mods that you won't be able to update? Really I was looking for an answer from Gregorius.

• Define "stable".

Kirara 2 run on those pre-released mods just fine and we didn't have any major problems with updating so far.
    Modders are not really that stupid to release versions that they know will break worlds upon updating, at least not without a big warning like GT did on the very very early alpha.

• How can I get my first aluminum? It seems like the only way to get aluminum is to use an electric blast furnace, but that needs a MV energy hatch which needs aluminum to make.

• How can I get my first aluminum? It seems like the only way to get aluminum is to use an electric blast furnace, but that needs a MV energy hatch which needs aluminum to make.

We really need to add this to a damn Q&A section somewhere... To get your first Aluminium you need to use 4 independently-powered LV Energy Hatches in your EBF.

• We really need to add this to a damn Q&A section somewhere... To get your first Aluminium you need to use 4 independently-powered LV Energy Hatches in your EBF.

Is it OK to plug a 4 amperes cable into 1 LV Energy Hatch?

• Is it OK to plug a 4 amperes cable into 1 LV Energy Hatch?

No GT machine block other than a Transformer can accept more than 2 Amperes. Attempting to feed more in has no effect.
    Additionally, no GT machine block other than a Transformer can consume more than 1 Ampere at its voltage. So you do actually need 4 hatches.

• Hold on there. Machines can accept up to 2 amperes of their voltage. Transformers accept one of their higher and output 4 of their lower.

To make a MV electric blast furnace you need 4 LV hatches, but you only need to supply three of them (with 6 amperes, 2 on each)

• Hold on there. Machines can accept up to 2 amperes of their voltage. Transformers accept one of their higher and output 4 of their lower.

To make a MV electric blast furnace you need 4 LV hatches, but you only need to supply three of them (with 6 amperes, 2 on each)

This may not work for everyone (or most, even). Due to line-loss and loss from batteries/transformers/etc. and the machine itself, long-term use of 3-hatch loads will likely result in a power-out after a few runs. It's only suitable for reasonably efficient short runs. (So, aluminium is fine. But if you were, say, smelting a half-stack of tungstensteel? Yer a goner.)

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• You misunderstand. Tungstensteel takes either 1x512 or 4x128. 3x128 won't work well at all.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Pipes do indeed try to move half of their stored liquid every 5 ticks, thus they move more faster and less slower, so if you are trying to get a lot to move then you want to keep it 'full' and try to restrict the flow to one direction.

Thus 14 should be able to be on that pipe fine, *depending*on* how the pipe and its flow is set up. if set up inefficiently then yes, you will want a bigger pipe, but if set up properly you could probably even use a smaller pipe (remember, pipe moves half every 5 ticks, solar boiler creates 150 every 25 ticks and moves half every tick).

The boilers at the far side of my system seems not to be outputting steam. They are over 3/4 full all the time and my machines are running low on steam. I used some bronze fluid pipes to handle 14 boilers. What is the problem with this?

• Try adding a few shutters to force the flow into one direction. This reduces 'sloshing' 'backflow' and 'pressure' and streamlines it to your machine faster and more efficiently. Put one on side the steam *should* be flowing and use a screwdriver to make it 'output only'. Boilers don't need them as they can't accept steam, but anywhere their output pipe connects to another (likely 14 of them at least!) it will help to use shutters.

My system is up around 124 EU/t from the efficiency streamlining alone, and I can run the RC boiler at 75% capacity now (before was about 61%)

Quoted from "zorn":

• To further expand, if you have machines connected to your pipe, they still count towards your input/output counts, but unlike neighboring pipe connections, neighboring machine connections do not need shutters unless the machine can do both input and output from the same connection.