[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Hi all,

Fiirst of all - give me the 1.7.10 version! That's order, please! :D

But:
    Maybe anyone knows:
    Is there any way to detect gt modded block from bukkit plugin side (mcpc++/caudron)? For example for all ores (ID 441) it says "441:2". Maybe is this realized by entities?
    I want to make plugin which would show the nearest block (from player's location) by given ID.
    Any help would be appreciated :)

• Question on getting started with the new ore gen. I tried going through the last dozen or two pages to see if this has been talkeda bout but it hasnt.

I was told that there is now one big ore vein per 3x3 chunks. I found a big vein of Tetrahedrite and copper in the hill I decided to settle down in. I was told this mean that there was little other ores within that 3x3 chunk area, and it was why I was really getting nothing by strip mining down at y-10 like I normally would.

Ive also seen a list of all the new ores and the y levels they spawn at.

So the way I see it, you need to find a big vein of ores in a 64 x 64 x 64 (or taller) area of blocks, and once that is gone, that are is basically used up.

Normally people hand mine at low levels, and upper areas for copper and tin, should I be just doing branch mining at all levels?

It seems to be a lot harder to find ores this way. Is there some trick to this that I am missing? Because it seems you could spend hours at y- 10 to 20 and not realize the big vein is up at y 30.

• Running into a crash when running the latest (5.03a) GT with Railcraft (9.1.0.0) related to the thaumcraft compat.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jngry8k9wkhqfz5/GTRCcrashlog.txt

Other mods present:
    CodeChickenCore-1.7.2-1.0.2.10-universal
    IC2 #484
    NEI-1.7.2-1.0.2.14-universal

Known issue. Railcraft screwed up (badly) by including the Thaumcraft API within its files. The only solutions are to either remove Railcraft, or add Thaumcraft.
    Edit:
    Several days ago when this issue was discovered, a solution was proposed involving adding Thaumcraft to allow GT recipe generation, then removing it after generation was done. This does not work; the same error occurs.
    A second solution, deleting the Thaumcraft API from the Railcraft .jar file was also proposed. This allegedly causes Railcraft to crash (although I have not tested it personally).
    My adaptation was simply to add Thaumcraft to my GT pack. Not the ideal solution, but I wanted to have Railcraft more than I didn't want to have Thaumcraft.

• /* snip */

I find it easiest to just go to around the middle of every 3x3 chunk and drill a hole from the top to the bottom (well actually a 2x1 to save myself if there is lava underneath) and see what usefuls it has.

EDIT: Ack! Latest GT version broke gui code, apparently takes a new argument in the constructor (though it is a useful argument).

• I find it easiest to just go to around the middle of every 3x3 chunk and drill a hole from the top to the bottom (well actually a 2x1 to save myself if there is lava underneath) and see what usefuls it has.

How do you know youre in the middle of what an ore vein considers a 3x3 chunk?

It seems thsi is a way to make quarries less useful and hand mining more efficient, is that the idea?

• It seems thsi is a way to make quarries less useful and hand mining more efficient, is that the idea?

Yes.

(In more than one word: Greg has always stated that he prefers hand-mining to quarries / mass auto-mining. This ore generation code is in accordance with that ideology.)

• How do you know youre in the middle of what an ore vein considers a 3x3 chunk?

It seems thsi is a way to make quarries less useful and hand mining more efficient, is that the idea?

In the worst case just go down the center of every chunk.

• It is a more a matter of having several mines for different materials.

A copper mine in his house, an iron mine at X1 Y1, a redstone mine at X2 Y2, a tin mine at X3 Y3 and so on.
    Your first challenge is to find a vein of everything you need. Later on is a matter of mining it as you need and looking for more veins if you happen to deplete one.

• Hello everyone, I dont suppose that anyone here might have older versions of GregTech, specifically version 4.0.7d? Never mind why i want to have a older version of GregTech, please don't reply to this comment about a guilt-trip into just using a updated mod. Id like to use a specific version of the mod and that's that. Thanks for your understanding, and hopefully one of you may have a mirror.

• I have c, and I have e and probably have d if you really want, but will either of those do?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I think c and e would be ok. D if you have it that'd be great.

I'm pretty sure d had a bug with the jackhammers or something which broke stuff, so I'll give you both c and e. I have h too if you want :P

Files

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.