[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I mainly wait for Thaumcraft to have a public Update so that the Server can be updated without Problems. And Azanor does definetly not wait for me. :P

ThaumCraft for 1.7.10 is public via patreon.com, but not for free. Gregs condition for 1.7.10 revision is fullfilled, because he say only "public" :) (I know he mean for free... on other side, he is very exact, mostly) :D

Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es (Erich Kästner)

• Question about the new Forestry recipes in the Assembler: Is there a slot for cells of water and seed oil or does the fluids have to be piped?

Also any word on the Forestry Ethanol no longer working in the Diesel Generators?

• Question about the new Forestry recipes in the Assembler: Is there a slot for cells of water and seed oil or does the fluids have to be piped?

That is what the Fluid Canner is for. :P

Also any word on the Forestry Ethanol no longer working in the Diesel Generators?

That was a Bug and is fixed.

ThaumCraft for 1.7.10 is public via patreon.com, but not for free. Gregs condition for 1.7.10 revision is fullfilled, because he say only "public" :) (I know he mean for free... on other side, he is very exact, mostly) :D

Yeah sure it si available for the Server as everyone on the Server is willing to pay for a prerelease. Nice try.

• Ok, so if i've got this right....one large vein of ore 'x' will generate around the centre of every 3x3 chunk area? is this guaranteed for every 3x3 chunk area?....as i've been mining straight down in the centre of chunks (4x4 vertical shafts), and not every 3x3 chunk area has been fruitful.

Clarification would be appreciated.

(edit: i'm guessing if the boolean returns a 0, then no large vein generates?)

• Ok, so if i've got this right....one large vein of ore 'x' will generate around the centre of every 3x3 chunk area? is this guaranteed for every 3x3 chunk area?....as i've been mining straight down in the centre of chunks (4x4 vertical shafts), and not every 3x3 chunk area has been fruitful.

Clarification would be appreciated.

the hight the vein spawn is random. And when it spawns in the air, nothing is generated. So high biomes like exteme hills have a higher chance of actually generating a vein.

• From what I understood from Greg's explanation some time ago, if it fails to find stone in order to generate a vein, it will look at a different height and try again.

So far in my test world I've found ore veins in nearly every single 3x3 chunk area I've dug down in. The trick is actually finding the middle chunk and moving three chunks over. The vein will typically spread into all 8 surrounding chunks, however there seem to be instances where it doesn't even reach mid-way into its neighbors before ending, while in others it covers the entirety of the adjacent chunks(in the specific y levels always).

There are cases where the middle of the chunks seems to shift one over. Still, after the finding the shifted middle chunk, I kept finding the centers of veins every three chunks. There is a possibility this was caused by an update or some mod that affects worldgen being added or removed.

What happened sometimes, is that I would find a bit of ore in a mountain belonging to the outer part of a 3x3 chunk group, but at that y level the theoretical middle chunk had nothing but air. Still, 3 chunks over in all four directions around that theoretical middle I'd find the centers ore veins. If you can't find ore digging straight down in the center of the middle chunk, try digging the hills of the outer chunks. Or you could just move on to the next 3x3 cluster if it seems that too much of the potential vein was wasted trying to get generated in mid-air.

Ocean ore-gen I'm not too sure about. I was mainly looking at mountains, trying to gauge how much a P.I.T.A. getting bronze would be (let's just say that early game is as challenging as late game). After digging in the ocean for a bit and getting really inconsistent results, I have a hunch that railcraft abyssal stone geodes overwrite GT worldgen. If that's the case and worldgen still gets generated properly even under oceans otherwise, then it's very likely that you'd get higher chances for lower y-level ore veins under oceans. If only that was the case with mountains and higher y-level ores...

These observations are mainly based on test world digging. There are some parts of the oregen config that I was too lazy to interpret, so there could be mistakes or important bits missing.

• To reproduce:

• Get a zinc nugget (not ingot) and Thaumometer
    • Toss the nugget on the ground
    • Scan it with Thaumometer

Tested in:

• my regular world with other mods and most TC aspects discovered
    • a brand new world with nothing but GregTech and Thaumcraft installed. (no aspects discovered except primals)

It looks like a ThaumCraft bug but I think it could be useful to post it here anyway since it seems to happen only with GregTech Intergalactical(R) Zinc Nuggets(TM).

Correction: Also GT(R) Nickel Nuggets(TM). Possibly other nuggets. But I'm reasonably sure Copper and Tin don't crash.

• Stack Overflow Error? Next level :cursing: man...
    Assuming latest GT and TC versions? I'm pretty sure I tried this a GT version or two back and didn't get this... (although I may not have scanned a Zinc Nugget)

• Stack Overflow Error? Next level :cursing: man...
    Assuming latest GT and TC versions? I'm pretty sure I tried this a GT version or two back and didn't get this... (although I may not have scanned a Zinc Nugget)

Tryed sveral versions ago, and one more time yesterday after GT upgrade on Kirara - still there.

• How to disable damn Ore Dictionary Gregtech? Why my IRON IGNOT comes Nether Iron Ignot?!

You can't disable it because you need it for mod ores to be compatible with GT, and there's a Nether Iron Ore because it can generate in the Nether - there's no Nether Iron Ingot.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

The post was edited 2 times, last by Backdraft ().

• enclose gregtech corrected programmer vlad20012

about this crash please do not kick. 1.7.10 is just tell me what it is associated.

• Another 1.7.10 crash, when will people learn that [1.7.2] means it's just for 1.7.2?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• GT is NOT ready for 1.7.10, FFS.
    Greg needs to implement the new IC2 API for it to work in 1.7.10, which WON'T happen yet because he's waiting for other mods to update.
    Don't expect ANY support in that case.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• Yes, I have perfectly understood that he was not ready to 1.7.10 himself warned in advance. you just say what svyaznanna this error. self-correcting it. vlad20012 programmer sees her for the first time. I write because it currently can not be in the network.

• Another 1.7.10 crash, when will people learn that [1.7.2] means it's just for 1.7.2?

I think the GregHammer approaches again

• It is my turn:time.

Also, next time bring something more understandable. This is a warning for everyone who wants to ask about something. ;)
    I'm a good guy that is willing to help, but I'm not willing to decypher what the heck you want too.

PS: The ban was not because of bad english, but indirect ask for 1.7.10 release.