[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• There exists Small Redstone Ore, which when broken drops Crushed Redstone Ore and Dirty Redstone Dust. Throw Dirty <anything> Dust into a Cauldron filled with Water, and it turns into <anything> Dust. So Dirty Redstone Dust -> Cauldron -> Redstone Dust.

• Hi

I'm using some sort of a simple setup of a few LV steam generators (fueled by 30 simple solar boilers) -> MV-transformer (32->128 ) -> HV battery buffer (16x slots) and 5x HV Lithium batteries in it -> electric blast furnace with HV energy hatch.
    All cables are relative short (battery buffer input is ~20 meters, output 2) with 1 Amp/EU/Meter (or whatever) loss. Annealed copper for MV and silver for HV.
    Got batteries fully charged (that's 8kk EU btw), wanted to smelt some stainless steel / kanthal dust (27 of them). Opened up my calculator, calculated, that with that amount of energy I can smelt up to 37 dust (216k EU per one smelting). Shove it into blast furnace, got distracted for a little, came back - smelted only 20 of it, battery buffer is at zero, blast furnace choked.
    I know about GT battery discharge loss, but that's approx. 40-50% loss.
    http://elithion.com/pdf/ElithionBatteryPower10.pdf - here is some relatively good presentation (especially slides #6 and #7), that I've googled up, that shows some Li-ion discharge information. According to this, Lithium (if you actually meant Li-ion in your mod) discharge loss is still non-zero, but not like 50%.
    With situation like that, it's more useful to have IC2 energy crystals, than having HV lithium batteries, since useful charge for HV lithium is 800k-900k EU, while IC2 energy crystal holds 1kk EU. Previously I've used MV battery buffer (16x IC2 advanced RE-batteries) and all was fine. 7 stainless steel smelting operation from full battery charge, stable.
    It makes HV lithium batteries only useful in electric tools for me, since lithium is relatively hard to find (and you need tons of it), same as tetrahedrite, but rubies/redstone is relatively easy to find, and once you've found it - you've got rubies/redstone for ages.
    Fix it, please. Current discharge loss is not "sane" nor useful nor "realistic". At least for me.

Btw english is not my native, sorry in advance.

GT 5.03f, IC2exp 484, some other mods.

My english is bad sometimes, I'm aware of it

The post was edited 1 time, last by Some1: stupid 8-based smileys -__- ().

• And there are veins made of Redstone, Ruby and Cinnabar Ores at y-level between 10 and 40

• There exists Small Redstone Ore, which when broken drops Crushed Redstone Ore and Dirty Redstone Dust. Throw Dirty Dust into a Cauldron filled with Water, and it turns into Dust. So Dirty Redstone Dust -> Cauldron -> Redstone Dust.</anything></anything>

Thx man... Im farmed witches to get it)

• Will there ever be Aether support by Gregtech? Such as Zanite plates etc.? <--Stupid double punctuation.

Aether is pretty much dead. It's built tons of hype, and the dev team was pretty much pushed to release an alpha since so many players begged and pleaded for it, but the alpha build was unstable/unfinished and all the fans ran home disappointed. The mod can barely survive updates, but they don't let in many new devs to hold the roof up, and they don't open source it.

Also, you can no longer even download the mod due to breaking the EULA (not sure how it does that though), which makes working with it just a little bit difficult.

/rant over

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Some1 : I'm guessing you recently upgraded your Blast Furnace to accept High Voltage? The energy loss you're experience is due to that. Stepping the voltage up doubles the processing speed but quadruples the power usage, meaning that using voltage of one tier higher reduces the efficiency by 50%. So your power loss is not coming from the batteries, but from the Blast Furnace itself.

• Some1 : I'm guessing you recently upgraded your Blast Furnace to accept High Voltage? The energy loss you're experience is due to that. Stepping the voltage up doubles the processing speed but quadruples the power usage, meaning that using voltage of one tier higher reduces the efficiency by 50%. So your power loss is not coming from the batteries, but from the Blast Furnace itself.

Omg, I didn't knew that. Yes, recent upgrade to HV, due to that HV battery buffer. That's fine then, I'll put MV energy hatch back and HV-to-MV transformer next to it.
    So it's relevant to EU/t in recipes then, I assume? Thanks anyway, I'll go change my energy setup right now.

My english is bad sometimes, I'm aware of it

• Uraninite will yield plutonium on HV maceration, which can be used for MOX fuel rods.

In the good old 1.6.4 there were a lot of NEI plugins like mistaqr's one that told you, by RC rock crusher for example, the possible byproducts with realtive percentage.

But now it's WIP (I hope) and is not available for 1.7.2. Can you guys suggest me a similar plugin which shows the possible byproducts on maceration, for GT, RC or whatever?

PS: I remember too that Greg himself added a NEI tab with every recipe for macetation that involved a possible byproduct for the universal macerator, that is actually still here...

• PS: I remember too that Greg himself added a NEI tab with every recipe for macetation that involved a possible byproduct for the universal macerator, that is actually still here...

Since when am I mistaqur? I am 100% sure I never did NEI Support for the Pulverization.

• 1.7 GregTech adds new default EU generators? Or i should use generator from IC2?

You can use both, but keep in mind that you can transport energy from gregtech generators only via gregtech cables, not IC2 one.
    To transform gregtech energy into IC2 you can place IC2 batbox adjacent to GT generator.
    To transform IC2 energy to gregtech one use gregtech transformer adjacent to batbox, MFE or MFSU.

• Minecraft Version: 1.7.10

Found it

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• V5.03g:
    Added Chemical Bath. It does the Mercury and Sodium Persulfate thing of the old Indsturial Grinder.
    Moved GT Sounds to another Thread to cause less Lag.
    GT Machines now buffer the last used Recipe so that those extremly fast working Machines are not Searching for the Recipe all the time.