[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I am encountering some additional lag with GT 5.03g installed. It seems to get worse as time goes along. Minecraft seems to stop for a second or two every few seconds. When I switched back to GT 5.03f the lag was gone. I am trying to do some additional testing to see if it is another mod but so far I am unable to narrow it down. Is anyone else encountering some lag with GT 5.03g?

• I am encountering some additional lag with GT 5.03g installed. It seems to get worse as time goes along. Minecraft seems to stop for a second or two every few seconds. When I switched back to GT 5.03f the lag was gone. I am trying to do some additional testing to see if it is another mod but so far I am unable to narrow it down. Is anyone else encountering some lag with GT 5.03g?

Do you have the broken 5.03g Version or the reuploaded one?

• Hey Greg, a few questions and an idea for inspiration.

1) Will there be any uses for certain materials that currently have little or no use, such as Caesium, Vanadium, Tantalum, Phosphor, Calcium, Potassium, and many others? Some are very important in real-world applications, invaluable and irreplaceable!

2) Will there ever be a use for 8v stuff, and will there ever be batteries for 8v buffers?

And the idea:

When pollution comes (if ever), I was thinking perhaps it could produce gasses similar to how several mods, such as thaumcraft, do. If vented into the atmosphere they are dissipated harmlessly (or so industry hopes!) but can damage the player depending on the type, such as Smoke, Smog, and a few toxic gases for good measure, such as Chlorine. It could also be a way to weaponize some less useful materials, like Chlorine. Make gas grenades that can be launched and vex the enemy!

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Do you have the broken 5.03g Version or the reuploaded one?

It should be the newer re-uploaded one. I downloaded it long after your notification that you ninja-updated the 5.03g version. I will do some additional test late tonight to see if it is GT or interaction with another mod. It did seem that it took some time >1 hour for the lag to get really bad. I was in the nether blaze farming when the lag made it impossible. Returned to my base and the lag continued.

• Surely you mean venting pollution should damage all nearby crops and clog up your industry, reducing efficiency until its cleaned up...? ;)

I don't know of anyone who's managed to reproduce modded pollution in a fun and meaningful way. It would be interesting to see.

• I don't know of anyone who's managed to reproduce modded pollution in a fun and meaningful way. It would be interesting to see.

I think Reika, the Creator of RotaryCraft, ReactorCraft and etc has made pollution, but i haven't seen it.

• when u implement pollution i have some ideas:

@ gregorious: kannst du was einbauen was mit müllverbrennung zu tun hat? vllt die müllverbrennung dazu nutzen strom zu erzeugen

its hard to explain in english for me, thats why i asked him the german way :D

2nd idea could be: implement a way to install filters so pollution is not as worse as unfiltered

• @UNG: i meant universal macerator byproduct, 10% of full plutonium dust every maceration of crushed/purified/centrifuged uraninite dust.

at least so far i only found pitchblade ore, wuch when umac and stuff dont give plutonium just uranium, the end resulting of all the chain will be the uranite dust, the original ore was pitchblade.

this is what i was going to ask, do vanilla ic2 machines care about gregs amperage?

I am going to give greg e-net system a credit , i believe ic2 machines only request 1 amp, since my mfe did not burned the 1x cable i use to power it, so count every ic2 machine as one amperage.

2) Will there ever be a use for 8v stuff, and will there ever be batteries for 8v buffers?

It already have, as a simple and spam wise automation machines, you can easily power it via transformers, and since consume so litle Eu, it can be powered by very simple generator, and use the tweak.

When pollution comes

greg said it can sufocate you on a close room, aside, they fly on the sky and start to form a thick cloud over your base, at some point it will block the sun, destroy crops, kill animals, and slowly get thicker until engulf your base and you die of asphyxiation. Muflers act as a filter to exalate lesser quatities of polution, later greg could steal foresty and create a kind of mechanism to launch some chemical component on the sky to react with polution and cause the fall of a toxic snow to be cleared and treated.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• yeah since ic2 uses ideas from gregtech, why dont u use ideas from vanilla ic2? im pretty sure there are some

• If there's one mod you'd expect to make workshops dangerous places where you have to follow safety procedures in order to avoid accidents, it's GregTech. A while back people were asking for higher voltage lines to mess with lower voltage ones if they were too near :D.