[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Two questions here, first time using GT (version 5.03h) and I'm running 1.7.2 (forge 10.12.21161, IC2 484 - both latest versions for 1.7.2 iirc). I am aware that GT introduces its own ore generation and the distribution of ores can be such that it could take a while before you find some, but I seem to be unable to find any diamond ores at all. I even added AS' minions to help me dig out whole chunks across the entire world I generated and got nothing. Furthermore I believe every GT ore drops its ore block rather than any items (such as coal, dusts, whatever). The only exception to this are small ores which drop appropriate items and not the actual blocks.

So my issues/questions are:

• are there supposed to be diamond ores in game, if so are they not supposed to spawn in the normal dimension?
    • Presumably not all the ores are supposed to drop their source block?

I have tried a few different versions of GT over the past week, and all of them had the same "problems". I have tried running both just IC2+GT+client-side mods (I run a server separate from my client, so I doubt client-side mods affect anything) and my own modpack that includes PR and AE2, both of which have worldgen and both of which have properly functioning ores. I would like to avoid restoring vanilla ores because I want to preserve the difficulty of GT, but I believe that with these two issues progression through the mod is affected, or am I mistaken?

• All non-Small ores drop their source blocks. All Small ores drop Dirty Dust, Crushed Ore, or Gem forms of themselves. This is intended behavior. This includes Diamond, and yes Diamond Ore can spawn in the Overworld. What Ores generate in what dimensions can be adjusted via config/GregTech/World Generation.cfg
    Diamond Ore is very rare, but if you do find a vein of it you won't run out any time soon.

Additionally, GT ore generation is specifically made to foil 'quarry out entire regions' automining techniques. In order to have any degree of efficiency at all, you need to find ore veins and then dig out the area around them.

• Thank you very much, I was getting mixed info from the plethora of (outdated) wikis so I got a bit unsure. And I guess I just gotta keep looking for those diamonds.

• Thank you very much, I was getting mixed info from the plethora of (outdated) wikis so I got a bit unsure. And I guess I just gotta keep looking for those diamonds.

We too had difficulty finding diamonds in our world (using Kirara settings). Eventually we found a solution...by tracking down RC geodes in ocean biomes, which can contain 1 or 2 exposed dark diamond ore. Since the ocean is plentiful, so are these geodes (now that i think of it, i'm not sure if Kirara has geodes turned off in configs). Also, if you have Thaumcraft, the pickaxe of the core can make finding these geodes trivial.

Alternatively, don't industrial diamonds convert to normal diamonds in the crafting gui? Get that charcoal coal dust working!

• HAY GREG

It seems that GT for 1.7.10 requires Thaumcraft again, and can't be launched without it.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

It seems that GT for 1.7.10 requires Thaumcraft again, and can't be launched without it.

Let me guess, you've also installed Railcraft_1.7.10-9.2.1.0 ?

CovertJaguar has included the Thaumcraft API. Therefor GregtechMod thinks, that there is Thaumcraft installed. Try removing Railcraft and have a look.

But I also get the error about GT_ItemAndFluidLoader:

Gregtech.log :

Versions used:

• strialcraft-2-2.2.583-experime

Try using version 556 of IC2. IC2 changed something about how it handled fluids and that's why.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Try using version 556 of IC2. IC2 changed something about how it handled fluids and that's why.

OK, this version worked for me.

I have a few Thingy Names to report (First number is count of lines in the logfile):

Seems there is a smallish problem with enderChest (2471 times reported in my logfile).

• crap, that will teach me to post first thing in the morning. Charcoal dust can be used to make carbon plates, not industrial diamonds.

Charcoal dust doesn't exist. Coal dust does though

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    I have copied this line

• Try using version 556 of IC2. IC2 changed something about how it handled fluids and that's why.

a new gregtech for a very old industrialcraft. go forward with the newest thing.

• 1.Sure
    2.Stupid system with "reason?"
    3.English is not my native language

Ur wiki: :thumbup:

First, the wiki is a hoax. Bauxite spawns in every forest biome as well as the plain biomes. GRAG.
    Than, I suspected that english wasn't your native language, but I asked it the Yoda way, since you were speaking like Yoda (from star wars), which made my day (meaning that I found this funny). Of course I'm not feeling any super power being able to speak english just a little bit better than you, I was joking since the beginning.

• Greg, would the community be able to help you with the development of the mod?
    I really like the mod so far, but, from what I've seen it's not close to done yet...
    If you need any help with the dev don't hesitate to send me a pm or something :)

• Hi Greg,

reporting objects from startup log: