[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Code
    1. [08:09:25] [Client thread/INFO] [FML/gregtech]: If your Log stops here, you were too impatient. Wait a bit more next time, before killing Minecraft with the Task Manager.
    2. [08:18:51] [Client thread/INFO] [FML/gregtech]: Congratulations, you have been waiting long enough. Have a Cake.

loool

• 1.7.10 Forge 1206, GT 5.03h, IC2 559, TC4.2.0.0b12, RC 9.2.2.2 and some other mods

-> If I load a 1.7.2 world with same mods, I lost all GT blocks and items. Block and items from all other mods are still there.

please help!

Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es (Erich Kästner)

• With latest forge and IC2,GT test version for 17.10 crashes on startup.

• Using that version and get this crash:

• Please read the crash log, it is about adding researches from Thaumcraft.
    Unless you can find and install Thaumcraft for 1.7.10, you have to disable ThaumCraft research recipes from Gregtech recipes.cfg, because Railcraft, you undoubtedly installed, includes API files for Thaumcraft and other mods, while not providing Thaumcraft or other mods functionalities. It makes Gregtech detect the presence of Thaumcraft and call its API methods to add support for Thaumcraft Researches in Gregtech.
    Distributing other mods API files is a disputed practice and already reported to CovertJaguar the maintainer and Author of Railcraft as issue #256.

Work-around as explained by SpwnX:

• I have some questions about GT's ores.. First, will there be a compatibility between IC2 miner and GT ores ?

And second, I know that GT ores are TileEntities, but why ? What is the interest in making them TileEntities ? (just by curiosity)

• What is your opinion on disabling all same kind or concurrent Ore generation from other mods?
    Are there known incompatibilities, volume or requirement isues?

Feel free to add or edit your own settings, and comment.

List of disabled concurrent Ores

• IndustiralCraft

Known issue: Disabling All of Tin, Copper and Uranium ores from IC2 will break IC2 Achievment: New Ore Miner

• Forestry:
    • Railcraft:
    • Factorization:
    • ProjectRed:

[EDIT]Added ProjectRed

• So I successfully found a way to decrease Startup Lag (time from first appearance of Mojang Screen to Main Menu) from 1min53secs to 1min41secs, I don't know how this translates to slower Computers but it is better than nothing.

• Hello people.
    Have a quick question about Metal Former. Its supposed to make metal plates (among other things) out of metal ingots. And it does for every metal i currently have (tin, iron, cupper, bronze, steel), except for Red Alloy Ingot.
    So is it a bug or feature?

• Hello people.
    Have a quick question about Metal Former. Its supposed to make metal plates (among other things) out of metal ingots. And it does for every metal i currently have (tin, iron, cupper, bronze, steel), except for Red Alloy Ingot.
    So is it a bug or feature?

1.6 ? But no it's not a bug. The metal former is from IC2 (and hould've been disabled), but to make GT plates (like the red alloy), you need a plate bending machine.

• So I successfully found a way to decrease Startup Lag (time from first appearance of Mojang Screen to Main Menu) from 1min53secs to 1min41secs, I don't know how this translates to slower Computers but it is better than nothing.

Glad you were able to add this:

The post was edited 1 time, last by leagris ().

• 1.6 ? But no it's not a bug. The metal former is from IC2 (and hould've been disabled), but to make GT plates (like the red alloy), you need a plate bending machine.

Yes, forgot to mention 1.6.4 version. Thanks for reply.

• most bluepower volcanoes are around 50 blocks high
    i found one between height layers 47 and 172, over 100 blocks high, from a small pool near the area, to the top which towers over a Bop canyon biome.

• So today i made a world.
    For the change i went in worldpainter and after 5 hours i made a amazing island which allows for great buildings and all.
    But i am shocking now as it seems that every gt ore became broken. Its a normal stone texture. With Oreitem or something like that.

Is there any way i can fix this?

I'll be curious to see how that translates when running a lot of mods. Currently it's a 7 minute startup on a SSD with plenty of horsepower.