[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Code
    1. -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Xms2048m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• :

1. You have -XX:PermSize=256m twice.
    2. Setting a Max Perm Size is unneeded. It never even gets close to that value.
    3. Binding GC threads to different cores can be useful if you have some cores doing little.
    4. Using the new GC is a good idea, testing indicates that it really is worthwhile.

I'd hesitate to suggest anyone just throw a giant string into their startup script. Careful tuning and experimentation is the key to get the most out of your system. Also it may depend on resources available and what you are trying to accomplish.

• This is all very true, though everyone on my server uses the settings (even though half the players have very capable computers) and have considerably better results with these strings. However, the gains are most noteable on slower computers, especially ones with few (2 or less) cores, slow RAM, limited RAM, or when running a lot of crap in the background. Personally I use a 3.8-4.1 GHz Quad-Core APU with 1600 MHz DDR3, 8GB, 9-11-11-31-42-2T timings, and a 128GB SSD. Average framerate went from 48 to 67 (28 to 54 with F3 lighting map on). So while these may not be the optimal settings, they ARE generally good, and certainly better than having no optimizations.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I have a problem with the Electric Blast Furnace. I am attempting to make steel with it and it seems to work, but it never outputs its product. Yes the multiblock structure is built correctly. I am feeding it 128 EU/t(I have also tried 256 with the same results). I have tried using buses and hatches, again with no change. I have even cheated in a debug scanner to make sure everything is built correctly and it is getting enough power. I'm probably missing something incredibly simple, but I just don't know what it is. :/

Also, I am using the 1.7.10 version of Gregtech.

• I have a problem with the Electric Blast Furnace. I am attempting to make steel with it and it seems to work, but it never outputs its product. Yes the multiblock structure is built correctly. I am feeding it 128 EU/t(I have also tried 256 with the same results). I have tried using buses and hatches, again with no change. I have even cheated in a debug scanner to make sure everything is built correctly and it is getting enough power. I'm probably missing something incredibly simple, but I just don't know what it is. :/

We need more info on how it's built, and how the power is connected.

Quoted from "zorn":

Obstructed muffler hatch ?

• We need more info on how it's built, and how the power is connected.

On the bottom I have 2 MV energy hatches, a maintenance hatch, 2 input buses, an output bus, the blast furnace controller block(in the middle of the bottom as the instructions say), and a heat resistant machine casing. The middle two layers are cupronickel coils(hollow). The top is 8 heat resistant machine casing with a muffler at the top.

Obstructed muffler hatch ?

Nope, I double and triple checked to make sure it is not obstructed.

• So how do you define the 16 custom ores to use in GT oregen. If that works I'd be reasonably happy. I do like the ability of CoG to regen chunks and adjust distributions on the fly though.

I'm looking at all of the GT ores and building templates to get them properly spawning in CoG is no small amount of work.

• On the bottom I have 2 MV energy hatches, a maintenance hatch, 2 input buses, an output bus, the blast furnace controller block(in the middle of the bottom as the instructions say), and a heat resistant machine casing. The middle two layers are cupronickel coils(hollow). The top is 8 heat resistant machine casing with a muffler at the top.

There's your problem. You have two MV hatches, meaning it's a 512v machine. Use either one MV hatch (forcing 128v mode) or four. Greg's MB machines automatically upgrade tiers when the voltage reaches the next tier. IE:
    8v, 32v, 128v, 512v, 2048v, 8196v, etc.
    128+128 = 256, so it runs as 512v.

Quoted from "zorn":

• There's your problem. You have two MV hatches, meaning it's a 512v machine. Use either one MV hatch (forcing 128v mode) or four. Greg's MB machines automatically upgrade tiers when the voltage reaches the next tier. IE:
    8v, 32v, 128v, 512v, 2048v, 8196v, etc.
    128+128 = 256, so it runs as 512v.

I just tried with just one MV hatch, the problem still occurs. The blast furnace takes in the coal dust and iron, and finishes its process, but fails to output to the output bus.

• On the bottom I have 2 MV energy hatches, a maintenance hatch, 2 input buses, an output bus, the blast furnace controller block(in the middle of the bottom as the instructions say), and a heat resistant machine casing. The middle two layers are cupronickel coils(hollow). The top is 8 heat resistant machine casing with a muffler at the top.

Just to make sure I've got it all:
    - it takes from input hatch but doesn't output
    - muffler at the top means its the centre of those 8 casings and is heading up

Suggestions:
    - look at what the scanner says during the process
    - you don't need 2 input buses, try it with 1 (i've never tried 2 input buses, only hatches)
    - make really sure you have sufficent power supply, not just the source but check the e-net that it isn't bottlenecked somwhere

• Yes you are right about what is going on. I have made sure the muffler is indeed facing up. I just tried with only one input bus, the problem still occurs. And I am dedicating an advanced steam turbine to the blast furnace, so there is no problems with a bottleneck.

• The advanced steam turbine alone might not be enough to feed the blast furnace due energy losses.
    You should try feeding it more than 1A (a MV battery buffer with 2 MV batteries for example) .

• The advanced steam turbine alone might not be enough to feed the blast furnace due energy losses.
    You should try feeding it more than 1A (a MV battery buffer with 2 MV batteries for example) .

I will try that next then.

• Code
    1. -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Xms2048m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc

Will this config works for server improvement too?

• Will this config works for server improvement too?

This is the code is the JVM Arguments for launching any java program you want.So you can use it for your both server and client.
    And there's no more PermGen in Java 8

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

This was my problem. Thanks!