[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Hey Greg, is there any chance of a network bandwidth reduction? Currently GT nearly doubles the network traffic and make it unplayable for me on internet servers. I have tested this with OPIS in a new generated world but I really don't know how reliable it is.
    If it's not possible than it's okay. There are plans on extend the local bandwidth in the near future. At least I hope so. The money is on the table but only til February 2015.

Wait what? GT doesn't increase Network load at all in my Tests (I pay for limited Bandwidth too so I have to know that). In my Mainbase I have only 8kBit/sec of Network load (so 8000 Bit per Second), and it was 8kBit/sec before I built the Base too. Are you sure it isnt the Amount of Players and Entities causing the Lag? Because that is really the largest Lag Factor in regards of Network.

• Seems quite strange no one asked this yet, but why isn't the microwave oven craftable? It is also working and explodes if you put metals in it, so maybe Greg's going to add a machine that makes components for microwaves first?

• By network bandwidth I mean the world data itself not the ongoing traffic. And by doubling i mean only the world data. So if I move a chunk in any direction I get a network lag of a sec and more. With constant movement it's possible to stack this effect to multiple seconds and even to a point where you reach "the end of the known world".
    To make things clear:
    Network:
    448 kilobit per second download
    96 kilobit per second upload

• Here's a handy tip for people trying to get silicon dioxide.
    If you electrolyze sand into silicon dioxide you only get 1 dust per 8 sand and costs 12500EU.
    If you first smelt the sand (390EU), then macerate the glass (800EU), then centrifuge that (400EU), it only takes 1 sand per silicon dioxide and costs only 1590EU.
    So it takes 8 times less sand and 8 times less EU.

• Bug report!
    If I have a battery buffer that is receiving power, it only accepts power when there is a battery inside, but not when there is a chargeable tool.
    This means that in order to charge my tools I have to put a battery with the tools.

• Material Name: shardAir !!!Unknown Material detected!!! Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.

Material Name: shardFire !!!Unknown Material detected!!! Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.

Material Name: shardEarth !!!Unknown Material detected!!! Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.

Material Name: shardOrder !!!Unknown Material detected!!! Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.

Material Name: shardEntropy !!!Unknown Material detected!!! Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.

Thingy Name: essenceMagic !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.

Thingy Name: essenceLight !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.

Thingy Name: essenceDark !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.

um... update plx!!!

• Would be interesting to know how the ore data gets transferred. If its plain nbt data then it will consists of 1 Byte, 1 Short, 3 Integers and a String of 18 Chars plus nbt structure data for every single ore.
    Ordering this into lists for network transfer could be more efficient like a group of lists per chunk:
    A byte list for "n", a short list for "m" and a integer list for an local block offset which contains the x,y,z coordinates.
    This format should be easier to compress for any fast compression lib.

So what do you think Greg?

• Hello how can i fix this issue ?

Code
    1. > [11:58:40 INFO]: Thingy Name: barsIron !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    2. > [11:59:14 INFO]: Thingy Name: alloyUltimate !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    3. > [11:59:16 INFO]: Thingy Name: alloyAdvanced !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    4. > [11:59:16 INFO]: Thingy Name: alloyElite !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    5. > [11:59:19 INFO]: Thingy Name: alloyBasic !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
  • Would be interesting to know how the ore data gets transferred. If its plain nbt data then it will consists of 1 Byte, 1 Short, 3 Integers and a String of 18 Chars plus nbt structure data for every single ore.
    Ordering this into lists for network transfer could be more efficient like a group of lists per chunk:
    A byte list for "n", a short list for "m" and a integer list for an local block offset which contains the x,y,z coordinates.
    This format should be easier to compress for any fast compression lib.

So what do you think Greg?

It is byte (ID of Packet), int (X), short (Y), int (Z), short (Data) on my Side + the Netty prefix to say that it is my Channel (either Byte or Short, or at least I hope it is that nowadays).

Hello how can i fix this issue ?

Code
    1. > [11:58:40 INFO]: Thingy Name: barsIron !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    2. > [11:59:14 INFO]: Thingy Name: alloyUltimate !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    3. > [11:59:16 INFO]: Thingy Name: alloyAdvanced !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    4. > [11:59:16 INFO]: Thingy Name: alloyElite !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    5. > [11:59:19 INFO]: Thingy Name: alloyBasic !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.

It isn't an Issue, and if you could read you would know that it isn't an Issue. It is just something to mention to me, so that I can do things better, but it is definetly not an Issue.

Material Name: shardAir !!!Unknown Material detected!!! Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    Material Name: shardFire !!!Unknown Material detected!!! Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    Material Name: shardEarth !!!Unknown Material detected!!! Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    Material Name: shardOrder !!!Unknown Material detected!!! Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.
    Material Name: shardEntropy !!!Unknown Material detected!!! Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, it's just an Information.

What the fuck? Why did Azanor exchange his original proper OreDict Names for those broken things? Doesn't he know that this Prefix ("shard") is owned and properly used by Mekanism?!?

um... update plx!!!

Seriously? I know I have added those Logs to tell people to report, but you come to me with it saying that!?!

• It is byte (ID of Packet), int (X), short (Y), int (Z), short (Data) on my Side + the Netty prefix to say that it is my Channel (either Byte or Short, or at least I hope it is that nowadays).

Sounds reasonable.

Made another test with a fresh new world. The default view distance of 10 results in 21 chunks squared or 441 chunks.
    In these chunks are 123,391 GT ores using our data structure as it would result in 123391 * 13 Byte = 1,604,083 Byte or ~1.5298 MiB without netty prefix. This result is nearly the same as OPIS states: 1.529 MiB.
    Seems like OPIS only counts data payload.
    Another interesting thing is that the packet (S26PacketMapChunkBulk) only need 1.223 MiB.

Conclusion: Does somebody knows a method to reduce the view distance on the server side by player?

• GT sword bugging Sword pedestals from Bibliocraft.
    after first placing sword into it, all other are placed wrongly.
    maybe different size of gt sword?