[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Hi Guys, I'm new here, and registered just to ask one thing:
    There are still vanilla Iron ores? It changed textures?
    Cause I used to play the old version 1.6.4, and loved.
    So I decided to try the latest one now, but cant find iron ore anywhere...
    Tried only IC2, and spawned just fine, so I enabled GT and looked for some hours on creative and nothing...
    Can someone give me some light, please?

GT disabled vanilla ores, and generate own ores (ex. Small Iron Ore)
    Change to false:
    B: DisableVanillaOres=false (default: true)
    in /config/GregTech/GregTech.cfg

• Reminds me, Overmind, how exactly would this Material be created? I have the feel it is like a Chemical Bath Recipe where you bath Wood in Seed Oil to get Sealed Wood (similar to the RC Creosote Oil Processing).

Sealing wood only seals the outside of it, coating the pores and such to prevent water from entering. To properly do it the wood needs to be evenly (read slowly) dried, then cut in whatever shape you need, and *then* sealed, since sealing it only seals the outside. Different woods are better for different purposes in real life (though I am thinking of making different woods make different sealed wood tools and such with different starting durabilities and only the most dense woods will have the full 24 or whatever it was durabilities). In MC I do not have processing for all that yet, just a simple recipe, need to process it later.

The Tiers are actually electric Tiers, not general Tiers. An Override for the getTexture Functions is moreless inevitable.

Makes sense. You are halfway to a full component system, I really want to encourage your code to go the rest of the way. ;-)

Edit: Also a GitHub would be pointless because 1. People are likely to be messin up stuff, so I can never 1:1 copy their Code and have to write it myself anyways. And 2. People who are smart enough to not mess up things, use languages which are not really Java compliant nor readable so I cannot just copy their Code and have to write it myself anyways. If someone wants something to be improved, he can always send a PM to me without Problems, since in the end I write the Code used and not someone else.

Well github is public unless you pay, bitbucket is like github, though very different interface, similar featureset, but it is free for both public and private git/hq repo's. And PR's would be in the surrounding code style of course, thus I would only submit Java. ;-)

It would be much easier though in that I could edit the original code itself to do tests, instead of reflection or asm hacks to try to test things, which prevent me from doing large code modification PR's. >.<

• Hi Guys, I'm new here, and registered just to ask one thing:
    There are still vanilla Iron ores? It changed textures?
    Cause I used to play the old version 1.6.4, and loved.
    So I decided to try the latest one now, but cant find iron ore anywhere...
    Tried only IC2, and spawned just fine, so I enabled GT and looked for some hours on creative and nothing...
    Can someone give me some light, please?

Now GT generates big veins of ores - if you find one, you can get few full chests of ore - however, you need to find it :D Also before you are able to mine iron, you need to have iron pickaxe, so in that case, there are small iron ores - they are everywhere around, so you can find them by random mining....

for big veins: eery has own "primary ore" and some secondary....so you can find Iron with magnetite and some other ironish ores, same for copper types etc.

• V5.04.03:
    nice that some new IC2 receipt are supported, nicer would be all (e.g. Refined Iron Item Casing) be available with GT machines

:-)

Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es (Erich Kästner)

• This looks MUCH like you have some kind of Bukkit/Cauldron/MCPC installed, because it works on other Servers quite well (with the same Forge).

Nope, im not using Bukkit, Cauldron nor MCPC. Just forged server.

• Greg, most of the IC2 fluids haven't their first letter. When I checked, I saw Team and Oolant, and thought those were really new fluids, then I realized...

• Nope, im not using Bukkit, Cauldron nor MCPC. Just forged server.

Found root of the problem. One tiny mod (Gyration of the Earth) killing gregtech mod. So after removed that, all load normally.

• Hello,

Getting random client crashes since 5.04.03 upgrade
    https://pastee.org/vndp

That function is nothing but this:

Code
    1. public void onNeighborChange(IBlockAccess aWorld, int aX, int aY, int aZ, int aTileX, int aTileY, int aTileZ) {
    2. TileEntity tTileEntity = aWorld.getTileEntity(aX, aY, aZ);
    3. if(tTileEntity != null) {
    4. tTileEntity.getDescriptionPacket();
    5. }
    6. }

What is even there that could cause that? Are you sure it is nothing else that has caused that?

• What is even there that could cause that? Are you sure it is nothing else that has caused that?

If I could get coordinates of this block change I'd tell you more.

Recent possible block changes in my world may be caused by Butterflies or Bees from Forestry pollinating tree leaves, spawning flowers near GT Ores.
    Now it is only a wild guess.

• I recently started playing gregtech again on 1.7.
    And I must say the mod came a long way since I played it the last time. The mod feels much more complete to me even though you are still recreating stuff for 1.7 still. NEI seems to help me more than it used to (tooltips telling you the crucial pieces of information). I like how you combine a lot of the good ideas out there into a single consistent mod. Also the communication from the mod has become noticeably less aggressive (thinking about log messages :D ).

Thank you for all the work you put into this project.

• That function is nothing but this:

Code
    1. public void onNeighborChange(IBlockAccess aWorld, int aX, int aY, int aZ, int aTileX, int aTileY, int aTileZ) {
    2. TileEntity tTileEntity = aWorld.getTileEntity(aX, aY, aZ);
    3. if(tTileEntity != null) {
    4. tTileEntity.getDescriptionPacket();
    5. }
    6. }

What is even there that could cause that? Are you sure it is nothing else that has caused that?

It guess onNeighbourChange isn't supposed to be called recursively that deep and it run out of stack right as it hit new chunk. Maybe it has something to do with the change to only send packets of visible GT ores Greg was talking about. Thats the only recent change I heard about that would need to getDesriptionPacket onNeighbourChange but I don't know if he already did that. That's just my wild guess and i'm most times unlucky guessing.

• Found the Issue. Let me guess, it happened in Singleplayer, right? Seems I sent the Packet from the Client via the local Server to the Client. Will be fixed soon. I just need to fix some other small things like the refined Iron Casings from Steel and stuff.

• Found the Issue. Let me guess, it happened in Singleplayer, right? Seems I sent the Packet from the Client via the local Server to the Client. Will be fixed soon. I just need to fix some other small things like the refined Iron Casings from Steel and stuff.

Remote Forge Server, so not in Single Player, though I was alone on the server.

• I will see what I can do if that doesn't fix it.

-----

Real Life Coincidences, the Melting Point of Tin (505K) is just below the threshold of 32 EU/t for the Fluid Melting, because Voltage = Sqrt(2 * Temperature of Fluid). And yes I added a molten Tin Fluid for testing purposes, since I need to see if the automatic recycling of Tin Objects works properly.

-----

V5.04.04:
    Fixed the Crash Issue with my Ores (probably).
    Added molten Tin and automatic Metal=>Fluid Recycling if the Metal has a proper Fluid.
    Fixed the refined Iron Casing not being handled.

-----

The Upload Server does an Error 500 on me so I cannot update properly. Overmind, something is screwed up again! :P

• Fluids for every metal and use said fluids into machines? Pipes heat limit have a purpose then.

I'd like to see the blast furnace producing molten metals which need to be cooled in the vacuum freezer or another solidifying machine.

• Thank you Nosignal and HanakoCZ!
    I'll not enable the vanilla ores, if I can progress like that.
    There's any place where I can read about the changes? The wikia seems outdated...

• I try to make Ores less NEtwork intensive and then THAT happens

Mmmh network optimization...
    Lets try the test world again. Same seed, same spawn.
    Well 67066 Byte for 123368 GT Ores. This would actually make ~0,54 Byte per Ore a reduction of nearly 24 times based on my previous research.
    Have tested it online and it works. GT is playable again.

Thanks Greg