[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Does anyone know why Greg Changed ores to tile enteties? Im kind of curiouse on that :D
    My best guess was that it is easier to change the ore spawns to what it is now (I'm no programmer so I don't know if this even makes sense)
    im done trying to figure it out :wacko:

It's to cram more ore types into one ID, if I'm not wrong.

• THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I have been finally able to power the GT Electric Blast Furnace using your technique! I am so happy! :thumbsup: Diamonds for you! :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond:

I also found that the POWER CONVERTERS MOD has been updated to also handle the new GregTech 5 Machines!
    They work well and can convert ANY kind of power back and forth with Gregtech 5 for any type of energy hatch . Awesome.

Side note: I hope Greg puts in a Progress Indicator for these machines... you have no idea whats in the machine and how long its taking for it to complete.
    It would be nice to see a progress bar when you look in the control panel of a machine (or some type of external graphic) to see what its working on, and how long it will be to complete.... :whistling:

• Greg, don`t you have intention to add some kind of resource extraction from water?
    IRL ocean/sea water is widely used as a source of salt, other dissolved chemicals probably can be extracted too.
    You can add a check for if pump drain water from ocean biome or something like that

• I also found that the POWER CONVERTERS MOD has been updated to also handle the new GregTech 5 Machines!
    They work well and can convert ANY kind of power back and forth with Gregtech 5 for any type of energy hatch . Awesome.

While that seems nice, tried this? : [WIP|1.7.10] EnetBridge 1.4

@progress bar: THAT is why i want the redstone displays back, so those blocks could emit redstone based on progress :D
    Then you make your own fancy progress bar, made of whatever.

• Doesn't work with Gregtech machines/cable :/

PLAYEEEEEEEER

That is because of GregTech's energy system being different from IC2, naturally it wouldnt connect.
    However you can still do the IC2 EU <-> GT EU play and do the conversion.

• That is because of GregTech's energy system being different from IC2, naturally it wouldnt connect.
    However you can still do the IC2 EU <-> GT EU play and do the conversion.

I know, I meant why doesn't player allow GT cables to power MJ and RF machines :P

Actually maybe that's on Greg's side. GRAAG

Now you see me, now you don't...

I hope Greg puts in a Progress Indicator for these machines...

Just use portable scanner and scan the main block of the furnace. It will sho you progress and also energy being stored etc. :)

• had a user on my server that have the same issue and he used this jvm argument and it seems to atleast sort it temperary untill greg gets it sorted properly

Code
    1. -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow
  • Okay, I think I found an "Easter Egg" or something like that. You all may know that GT has a great integration with TC, and it adds 5 aspects, IIRC. One of which is Strontio, which as you may know is made of

Now, the fun thing is that the word "Stronzo", in Italian, means "asshole" (literally "turd", or something like that, but it's used as insult, which makes it very close to the former in meaning), and people speaking Italian read the Latin diphthong "ti" as "zi" (if you don't know, most of TC realted stuff is in Latin), which means that the words "Stronzo" and "Strontio" are pronounced alike.

Now, an asshole person is one that strives to be the most "annoying" possible, meaning that he/she uses his/her intelligence to harm the others. I think that if this is not intended, it is a really unique coincidence. Greg?

• there are people who still play 1.4.7?

1.4.7 is (imho) still the #1 version to play - I like to think of 1.4.7 as the golden age of Modded Minecraft! I'm talking about FTB Ultimate pack, of course. I have incredible & complex worlds built that I can't move forward, mainly because of RedPower 2. Even so, I play 1.4.7 most of the time because I love THAT version of Gregtech, RedPower2 and other mods that aren't available anymore, like XyCraft. I really miss the old gregtech machines... I had that mod DOWN to a science! NO HAMMER NEEDED! lol

I completely understand why mod developers can't continue to support previous versions, but if one were to argue for ONE version of minecraft to be kept up to date, I would argue that 1.4.7 is that version that mod developers should continue to offer their packs to be downloaded - and possibly throwing an occasional "bone" for updates and or fixes. I have yet to play any pack or version of MC that was as stable and have the base of servers and support.

There are many servers out there that are stuck, mainly again, because of Redpower 2. Yeah yeah yeah, there is Project Red (which is nice), Blue Power (yikes/buggy as hell), and the like, but there is only ONE Redpower2 by Eloraam, and nothing still works as good as it did/does (imo). Pneumatic tubes rule! I know there are other options - but I like tubes - I know they can be laggy, but used conservatively, they offer a cool factor that other pipes just don't have.

Thats my 2 cents - I know most won't agree, but what ev's.... thats just me. I can boot 1.4.7 any time, and feel confident I won't have anywhere NEAR the issues I have in new versions with crashing. The FTB team does a great job keeping everything up to date, nice and tidy for noobs like me who just want to play minecraft and not sit there and tinker all night(week?) making minecraft work.

I just want to play... and enjoy. 1.4.7 FTB Ultimate lets me do that.

I am however, also enjoying the developments of the newer versions of MC, and mods like Gregtech 5. But at times, I wonder why we could not have had the old GT machines left in place, and then Greg just added a new tier/era of machines to what he already had? Applied Energistics and Thermal Expansion are somewhat doing this too (kinda)... and to me as an end user (for what its worth) seems to lose the charm of why you originally fell in love with the mod in the first place when too much changes, rather than being built upon. Its like, when your lover tells you they are not who they've always appeared to be, but rather they have been a woman (on the inside) and want a sex change, and your all, "WHAT? But I fell in love with THIS face and person, and your telling me you want a new body? I just built my entire world around you, and now you're not only moving the goal post, you're changing the entire deal!? - CHRIST! So, now I have to reevaluate and relearn everything about the 'NEW you'... either way, this stil doesn't make me a lesbian!... but I'm willing to give it a try" LOL

/epic-venting

Slowly, I have been putting together how to make the new Gregtech work, and I know in time, I'll learn to love this version too. Thanks Greg for all that you do.

Hahaha...smile. Its just Minecraft.

• iirc eloraam is working on redpower 3, but eta?! no idea, same goes for xycraft, i heard forgecraft has a xycraft beta ...