[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Higher voltage cables than the machines are rated for are usable, yes, but if a >32EU packet hits the wire, the wire will hold but the machines will blow, so it can be less safe. Moreover, however, higher voltage cables tend to have more voltage loss per cable block, so especially for lower voltages it starts to become really really inefficient.

Thanks for advice

You could use alternative materials, like zinc (LV).

Thanks for advice, however my zinc resources are even smaller than tin. Quarry would seem to be a great option but then the recipe is also changed :)

• Interestingly, the quarry isn't actually that great an option due to the way in which ore generation works in Gregtech. You might end up hitting a couple of veins, but unless the quarry is placed carefully, you're not too likely to get the vein type that you actually need. On top of that, the quarry will end up mining a shitton of stone that has nothing but a few small ores in it until it actually hits a vein, so it's pretty inefficient. My favorite ways to mine these days are either by hand or by setting up track to allow a Steve's Carts tunnel bore to mine out just the ore vein.

• ok, so will anyone take a challange and make addon for gregtech to make most popular mods like, railcraft, buildcraft, appliedenergistics2, forestry, have hardrecipes like old times?

or maybe gregtech? maybe instead of other modauthors you can do it? cause you are best at it

• GT already sorta does it with AE2, by making the AE2 silicon require a blast furnace.

Now, for the other mods, that will have to be an addon by someone else.

you hear it "someone"? there is work that needs to be done

• The lenses are used in the precision laser engraver for making certain circuit parts out of foil.

I know about their function in machinery, but they can be mounted as covers on pipes and machines.
    This does not seem to have a function out of looking cool, so that's why I'm asking if they will have a use.

• It seems that plates and covers can't be placed on frame boxes as stated in the tooltips. CFoam via CF Sprayer doesn't work either. Is this still unimplemented/intended, or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm stupid.

• Hi. It's me and my platinum cable issue again.
    Updated to GT 5.05.06 today, my problematic cable line part is still evaporating from time to time. I don't understand... Exactly in one chunk, 16 of them. From 0 to 15 on X axis. Maybe there is some kind of numerology involved, or is just any cable meltdown limited to a chunk boundary?.. I have no clue.
    Again: 16 amps EV battery buffer (full of batteries), 8x platinum cable (16 amps, 8192 voltage). No multiple inputs or anything like that. Cables on X 0-15 are melting, and that's almost a middle of the line. No damage to the battery buffer or the machines. Chunks were loaded all the time (by my presence). Y 75, Z 25, if it is somehow useful. That happened like 6 or 7 times already.

My english is bad sometimes, I'm aware of it

• Hi. It's me and my platinum cable issue again.
    Updated to GT 5.05.06 today, my problematic cable line part is still evaporating from time to time. I don't understand... Exactly in one chunk, 16 of them. From 0 to 15 on X axis. Maybe there is some kind of numerology involved, or is just any cable meltdown limited to a chunk boundary?.. I have no clue.
    Again: 16 amps EV battery buffer (full of batteries), 8x platinum cable (16 amps, 8192 voltage). No multiple inputs or anything like that. Cables on X 0-15 are melting, and that's almost a middle of the line. No damage to the battery buffer or the machines. Chunks were loaded all the time (by my presence). Y 75, Z 25, if it is somehow useful. That happened like 6 or 7 times already.

Are there any EV->HV Transformers on that Line, which could be connected to the platinum Cable on two sides? Because it is not the >16x8192 melting the Line, it is just the amperage without any voltage check (even 1V 17A would burn your Platinum Wire)

• Are there any EV->HV Transformers on that Line, which could be connected to the platinum Cable on two sides? Because it is not the >16x8192 melting the Line, it is just the amperage without any voltage check (even 1V 17A would burn your Platinum Wire)

Yes, there is one now (installed two days ago to feed RC electric rails), but it is 8192->2048 one and it is not on the end or the beginning of the problematic line part (more like in a middle), and those meltdowns occurred exactly the same way in the past, when there were no any transformers or machines. And why it is always in the same chunk?.. I can remove that transformer but I'm sure it will happen again.

• Maybe a screenshot of your wiring setup could help us clarify the problem?

I also thought about that, so here it is:
    http://imgur.com/a/KX11Q

Screenshot 1: there is the HV transformer that feeds diverted line (HV ones, but mostly MV machines via MV one), on the left there is that EV 16 amps battery buffer. Cable is going straight with no machines on it or forks.
    Screenshot 2: beginning of the problematic part, chunk boundaries are visible, because it is related: cable starts disappearing at that point. My plant (ore processing) is on the background.
    Screenshot 3: GT EV and IC2 HV transformers, that's new on that line, it was set up for the Railcraft locomotives.
    Screenshot 4 is just another perspective. Not much here.
    Screenshot 5: beginning of my plant, chunk boundary is visible, cable survives after that point.
    Screenshot 6: my machines. View point towards the cable. All of them are for EV. From left to right: large buffer + packager + large buffer, then there is electric furnace in front of it, next is two centrifuges, far right is thermal centrifuge, pulvelizer and ore washer. Cable is connected to them from below, nothing loopy or messy there, so not shown. No transformers or anything, just straight connection.
    Screenshot 7: just another perspective, from the plant towards the house. Almost all parts of the problematic segment is on that screenshot, from one boundary to another. Disappearance occurs here. Exactly in that chunk.

Something like that. Nothing complex.

• Can anyone explain me, why my custom ore config not work?

I want to make tin spawn in the overworld like copper.

this is my config:

B:ore.mix.custom.00_false=true
    B:ore.mix.custom.01_false=false
    B:ore.mix.custom.02_false=false
    B:ore.mix.custom.03_false=false
    B:ore.mix.custom.04_false=false
    B:ore.mix.custom.05_false=false
    B:ore.mix.custom.06_false=false
    B:ore.mix.custom.07_false=false
    B:ore.mix.custom.08_false=false
    B:ore.mix.custom.09_false=false
    B:ore.mix.custom.10_false=false
    B:ore.mix.custom.11_false=false
    B:ore.mix.custom.12_false=false
    B:ore.mix.custom.13_false=false
    B:ore.mix.custom.14_false=false
    B:ore.mix.custom.15_false=false

custom {

00 {
    I:Density_0=4
    I:MaxHeight_0=50
    I:MinHeight_0=25
    B:Nether_false=false
    I:OrePrimaryLayer_-1=57
    I:OreSecondaryLayer_-1=57
    I:OreSporadiclyInbetween_-1=824
    I:OreSporaticlyAround_-1=57
    B:Overworld_false=true
    I:RandomWeight_0=80
    I:Size_0=24
    B:TheEnd_false=false
    }

thanks for your help :)

• I've seen tested the electric locomotive from the new railcraft today, and, ... HYPE!!!!!!!!! , Greg, greg the recipes that is used in the Rolling machine for making electric rails, so instead of using copper, it needs electrum :D

• Looks valid...maybe you're just getting unlucky

Now you see me, now you don't...

• No, iam using XRAY. When i load a new world NO gregtech veins spawn. Only the small ores

----
    edit:#

ok, now everything is working...

The post was edited 1 time, last by xsaeshx ().