[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Just stop pretending that anyone who even mentions "drama" of any sort is not trying to provoke it. I mean, you want to have lulz, you have to dedicate more time to your trolling.

On the topic - What kind of support do you even "need" etween both mods? It's jsut unnecessary using them both, without havin overwritten half of the recipes, but if you do overwrite the recipes, why did you bother getting the second mod in your boat? Not that the functionality is too different.

I was talking about how he says he might add a converter for TiCon's liquid metals into Gregtech's liquid metals. Also, within TiCon, it sends a warning message if you have Gregtech(which needs to go), Gregtech items don't work inside the smeltery (specifically checks if the item is from gregtech, eg GT Steel won't work but RC one will), and just the general 'you use gregtech, fuck off' attitude to TiCon's users (That too, needs to go)

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Just to clearify, the Fluid Converter Block would just be something people could use to turn X Liters of Fluid A to Y Liters of Fluid B, and would have to be made using a Config. I wouldn't provide any Defaults or something like that.

But I for myself see no reason to make my fluids compatible with TConstruct since I don't add any Tools to it (some addons do that already), and according to Vexatos it is a pain in the ass to use its API, and that it would literally take days of work to add Tools to that Mod, while it only took him 2 hours to make a full set of new GT Tools from scratch.

• [quote='aka13_404','index.php?page=Thread&postID=170386#post170386']
    I was talking about how he says he might add a converter for TiCon's liquid metals into Gregtech's liquid metals. Also, within TiCon, it sends a warning message if you have Gregtech(which needs to go), Gregtech items don't work inside the smeltery (specifically checks if the item is from gregtech, eg GT Steel won't work but RC one will), and just the general 'you use gregtech, fuck off' attitude to TiCon's users (That too, needs to go)

IIRC Mdiyo also had problems with Reika. So RC doesn't work in smeltery's either.

So i fucked that up. -Sinister

• And now we know that Greg and Reika are Good Guys who make wonderfull and creative mods, which aren't OP and that Mdiyo is bad guy. IMO Tinker's Construct was a neat concept, but it is too OP and Broken at somepoints, even with Iguana's Tweaks for Tinker's Construct.

• I personally thing Gregtech and TiC worked perfectly together in 1.6.4 if using the right version, Iguana Tweaks for TiC and some config editing!
    In my modpack the smeltery can't be used for oreduplication and so on

In GT 5 TiC is kind of useless because Greg implemented his own awesome modular tool system.

• I somehow can't get regulator + electrolyzer to work...

I allways had the problem that direct export did not work, so i put a single item pipe in between, but that also does not work anymore. The Regulator exports correctly into the Pipe, but it does not go into the electrolyzer.

The only way it works right now for me, is exporting from the Regulator in a chest and then importing into electrolyzer with an conveyor from the chest.

• Yeah now that we're on GT6 with the meta-tool system, having GT and TiC together is a little redundant... However, if it were possible to make GT tool heads in a TiC smeltery, their coexistance would be fairly acceptable.

As far as Reika's mods, I've always felt that they had slightly questionable balancing (*cough* ore quadrupling *cough*), but that he went for a unique concept with the power system and executed it fairly well.

• So quick question. I'm using GregTech 4.08s, Minecraft 1.6.4, and i'm having an issue with the Dragon Egg Energy Siphon. I've tried changing the option in DynamicConfig.cfg of "DragonEggEnergySiphon.AllowMultipleEggs_false=false" to true, and on both settings when I place the second Dragon Egg down on the second Siphon, the Siphon makes a "short-circuit" kind of noise, and disappears. It doesn't appear to explode. We have a few mods that allow us to legit craft Dragon Eggs, (Forestry Extras 2, Magic Bees, and Xeno's Reliquary), so trying to use the siphons as a power source. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong? Thanks.

• GregTech has always followed shapeMaterial; TiC has always followed Materialshape. Apparently, this applies to fluid molten metals too.

:cursing:

It's as if TiC intentionally tries to make it harder to write code for it :\

• It's as if TiC intentionally tries to make it harder to write code for it :\

Two separate philosophies about what the convention should be. As a result, there isn't really a convention that stands :|

• @Greg
    Minor bug:
    When harderrecipes{ beryliumreflector=true, Thick Neutron Reflectors are not craftable. This is likely a result of the altered recipe for them requiring a Beryllium Cell, an item that no longer officially exists.

• >implying he has not left 50 thousand times in the past

He'll be back.

He just 'left' 50 times before, but then hovered around the dev team as lead. Now that he's given the position to Boni, he has no power there :P

Anyway: The only reason I see fit for having GT+TiCon is the goddamn hammer. grag pls

Now you see me, now you don't...

• So quick question. I'm using GregTech 4.08s, Minecraft 1.6.4, and i'm having an issue with the Dragon Egg Energy Siphon. I've tried changing the option in DynamicConfig.cfg of "DragonEggEnergySiphon.AllowMultipleEggs_false=false" to true, and on both settings when I place the second Dragon Egg down on the second Siphon, the Siphon makes a "short-circuit" kind of noise, and disappears. It doesn't appear to explode. We have a few mods that allow us to legit craft Dragon Eggs, (Forestry Extras 2, Magic Bees, and Xeno's Reliquary), so trying to use the siphons as a power source. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Did you do "DragonEggEnergySiphon.AllowMultipleEggs_false=true"
    or
    "DragonEggEnergySiphon.AllowMultipleEggs_true=true"?

The latter is wrong and will not take proper effect. Only change after the = sign. Also, if you're running a server, make sure you're changing server configs, not just client.

If that wasn't it, I dunno.

• Did you do "DragonEggEnergySiphon.AllowMultipleEggs_false=true"
    or
    "DragonEggEnergySiphon.AllowMultipleEggs_true=true"?

The latter is wrong and will not take proper effect. Only change after the = sign. Also, if you're running a server, make sure you're changing server configs, not just client.

If that wasn't it, I dunno.

Why would someone change a variables name in the config, why would one do that?

• Hi guys, anyone know how to disable the hidden ores feature? I tried to set "B:hiddenores=true" to false, but almost all ores are still hidden. Is the config bugged or is it not working the way I think it is?