[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• There is no such thing as Hidden Ores anymore, the Config was old and unused.

I assumed hidden ores = ores blending with a random connected block, no? If not, is there any way to disable the "blending ores" feature in the config? If not, that's okay.

Also, thank you for all your hard work, mate. I'm having a blast playing your mod.

• The ZPM outputs, well, ZPM Voltage, of which the machine hull requires Iridium. You must put the ZPM inside a ZPm Battery Buffer or other discharging device, then through a LuV transformer, which converts it to IV. From there you can decrease it even more to whatever you can use.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Did you do "DragonEggEnergySiphon.AllowMultipleEggs_false=true"
    or
    "DragonEggEnergySiphon.AllowMultipleEggs_true=true"?

The latter is wrong and will not take proper effect. Only change after the = sign. Also, if you're running a server, make sure you're changing server configs, not just client.

If that wasn't it, I dunno.

Only changed the "false" after the = sign, and changed on both client and server.

• The ZPM outputs, well, ZPM Voltage, of which the machine hull requires Iridium. You must put the ZPM inside a ZPm Battery Buffer or other discharging device, then through a LuV transformer, which converts it to IV. From there you can decrease it even more to whatever you can use.

Is there any guide on how to set up that 'thing'?
    I didn't find anything on google (maybe I didn't look right...)
    I'd like to use the ZPM now I've found one.

• Is there any guide on how to set up that 'thing'?

As mentioned above, it's just a "max-tier-battery". To use it, you need a max tier battery buffer and then you can downtransform it to however you want to consume it. Just chain transformers till you have what you want.

• My bet is that you're choosing the wrong slot to input into.

Speaking of placing things in slots...

I've been trying to use the regulator on the Mixer Machine, to make Wet Concrete. I want to be able to Automate filling the machine, so I set the regulator to push the items into the slots. The problem I am finding is - I have to use a Supper Buffer to push the items into the mixer being sent from the regulator. Doing this, I can't get it to fill all the 4 slots in the mixer. No matter which way or side I place the Super Buffer or Regulator on the Mixer, it won't fill the bottom 2 slots - only the top 2.

Shouldn't the regulator be able to directly be connected to the mixer, and be able to place things in all four slots?

... I'm really missing the A/B Sorter right now.

• As mentioned above, it's just a "max-tier-battery". To use it, you need a max tier battery buffer and then you can downtransform it to however you want to consume it. Just chain transformers till you have what you want.

Not MAX-tier, ZPM-tier. (It actually has its own tier named after itself.) But yes, once you find a ZPM, you need to craft a ZPM Battery Buffer, and enough Transformers of different tiers to convert the output down to a voltage you can actually use. As for the ZPM itself, it's just a really REALLY big single-use battery.

If you googled it, you might come up with the Zero-Point Module, an object from the TV series Stargate (SG-1 or Atlantis likely). This is not the same thing, but it is where Greg got the idea.

• Only changed the "false" after the = sign, and changed on both client and server.

I've seen on other FTB wikis that there is another option of "AllowDuplicateEggs" in the GregTech.cfg, but i'm assuming that must be old because I don't have this option at all. Could the "AllowMultipleEggs" flag just be broken in this version of GregTech? I know it's kinda old now. Is there an official GregTech bug tracket/ticking page I can search through? Googling for GregTech stuff returns all sorts of things, but nothing i'm looking for.

• Darn, Just saw I'm on GT 4.08.
    Don't think it won't work, there isn't a 'Iridium Machine Hull'
    :(

• Well... this thread would be your #1 support thread. However you're using a too old version for us to be able to help properly...

I figured. Not enough of the mods I use have been updated to 1.7.x, so i'm still on 1.6.4. Oh wells.

• Is there any guide on how to set up that 'thing'?

There is a Super Charger or something like that (dont remember the exact name), it is made from a Super Condensator I think, you need to use that one in order to decharge a ZPM.

You can never put more than one Stack of the same Item into a GT Machine using automation, it just simply doesn't allow that. This is to prevent the Machine from filling up on the same Item, what would be stopping the secondary Inputs from being inputted otherwise. In your case you don't even need the regulator, you could just add a single Buffer (or two if you wanna seperately store the Clay/Stone Dust from each other) for the concrete Mixer and it will intelligently choose which Items to accept depending on the Recipe List.

Also there is no Recipe having two or more Inputs of the same Item (ignoring stacksizes ofcourse), so it is safe to assume that you don't need the other two Slots for making Concrete at all.

GT Machines are smart [citation needed], so you don't need to mess with Regulators unless you want to use more than one Recipe at a time, what clearly isnt the case for a simple Concrete Mixer.

If you googled it, you might come up with the Zero-Point Module, an object from the TV series Stargate (SG-1 or Atlantis likely). This is not the same thing, but it is where Greg got the idea.

It is supposed to be the ZPM of Stargate Series and has the same generic Rules as it, meaning you can only decharge it.

• Thanks Greg!
    I looked at the changelog and I found this:

Added ZPMs which are 2000000000 EU Tier 7 Single Use Batteries found randomly in the world
    They need an High Energy Charger (also new) in order to be decharged. You might need something else to down transform the enormous amount of Energy properly.

I think you mean those by 'Super Chargers'?

• Is getting sapphire dust the only way now to get aluminium in the early game? Aluminium is necessary for MV machines, however most of the recipes require 60/90/120 EU/T in electrolyzer. Like clay dust for example. Only sapphire dust is 30 EU/T but until I find enough of it it might take ages, especially now when world gen is biome independent, so I assume there is no point in asking where to look for it.

I am okay with the mod being so difficult, I don't complain, MC would be boring without GT, I like challanges but I don't have so many time during my day to play, and I would like to spend my play time for crafting, adding stuff to my base and not mining hole evenings.
    Is there a different way to get aluminium, am I missing something?