[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• does anyone of you that play gregtech daily has a changed / nerfed oregen config? Would appreciate if you share it.

If you mean from GT 4 to GT 5, it did change massively. Else, no.

edit it's just me or you can't create new thread in gregtech section?

It could be true. I can't check since i have moderator rights :D

Anyway, support still belongs to this very thread.

• I was just asking for modified oregeneration config for gregtech, I really don't want to mess with it but it would be nice to have nerfed one.

or maybe someone know modpack that has already done and changed gregtech oregen config? I would do it myself but not after I finished all the configs in cofh, now I need to disable them if I want to go gregtech way. >.>

• Ran into a hiccup with gregtech. Config files are generating but... they're pretty much empty or incomplete. Gregtech isn't the only mod doing it though. Is there any cause for something like this to happen like having too many mods?

• I was just asking for modified oregeneration config for gregtech, I really don't want to mess with it but it would be nice to have nerfed one.

or maybe someone know modpack that has already done and changed gregtech oregen config? I would do it myself but not after I finished all the configs in cofh, now I need to disable them if I want to go gregtech way. >.>

I've been working on a nerfed worldGeneration config for 2-3 days now. I intended it for personal use only, but I can share it once I'm done tweaking. Your best bet is to do it yourself though, that way you can tweak it to your personal taste. There are several posts in this thread explaining how to do so.

• Ran into a hiccup with gregtech. Config files are generating but... they're pretty much empty or incomplete. Gregtech isn't the only mod doing it though. Is there any cause for something like this to happen like having too many mods?

files dont complete until a full load of the world iirc

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Do somebody here use chiseled blocks for base design? (I know you do) Maybe you can show some pictures with nice combination. In particular i am interested in some half-life'sh style. I mean contrast between old/rusty industrial themed blocks and solid dark sci-fi blocks.

P.S. It seems that those trollblocks from Twillight forest is newest patch thing.

• I have a question (which seems to have come up many times on Google) about how exactly GregTech changes the Overclocker Upgrade math. I've been researching this for about an hour and on just about every page I find, it says something slightly different. (GregTech Wiki, FTB Wiki, FTB Wikia, etc...). I can only assume that the calculation has continued to change as the mod has evolved from the FTB 1.4.x era to present day, so I figured i'd just ask someone:

So, in the version of GregTech that i'm using, (4.08s on MC1.6.4) the upgrade reads "160% more energy" in the tool tip, but when I do the math it's not adding up with what the GregTech "Tricorder" Scanner reads when I scan the machine (saying it needs more power). I've read on some sites that it's the 160%. Another site says 2x. Another site says 4x. Another site said 139%. Another site said 75%. You get the idea. I even read on one site that it's 160% on normal IC2 machines, but 4x in GregTech machines. So what exactly is the energy multiplier?

Thanks to anyone that helps, and sorry for asking a question on an out dated version; just haven't updated to 1.7.x yet.

• I have a question (which seems to have come up many times on Google) about how exactly GregTech changes the Overclocker Upgrade math. I've been researching this for about an hour and on just about every page I find, it says something slightly different. (GregTech Wiki, FTB Wiki, FTB Wikia, etc...). I can only assume that the calculation has continued to change as the mod has evolved from the FTB 1.4.x era to present day, so I figured i'd just ask someone:

So, in the version of GregTech that i'm using, (4.08s on MC1.6.4) the upgrade reads "160% more energy" in the tool tip, but when I do the math it's not adding up with what the GregTech "Tricorder" Scanner reads when I scan the machine (saying it needs more power). I've read on some sites that it's the 160%. Another site says 2x. Another site says 4x. Another site said 139%. Another site said 75%. You get the idea. I even read on one site that it's 160% on normal IC2 machines, but 4x in GregTech machines. So what exactly is the energy multiplier?

Thanks to anyone that helps, and sorry for asking a question on an out dated version; just haven't updated to 1.7.x yet.

2x speed, 2x EU per operation, 4x EU/t

Overclockers are not used in GT5 (for 1.7.10) anymore.

• 2x speed, 2x EU per operation, 4x EU/t

Overclockers are not used in GT5 (for 1.7.10) anymore.

Thanks for the quick answer! So what is the 160% value in the tooltip? Is that only in IC2 machines?

• Well, i don't think that is a real problem.
    Support can be done within this very own thread and suggestions on the other.
    However... I think Greg Might want to make the FAQ its very own thread, maybe? Very visible.

Addons and media related to GregTech i can move to this section myself.

• Is it possible and how could I customize OreGen for a given dimension?

I use Aroma1997 Mining World witch is a flat custom height dimension with overworld type OreGen.

I'd like to change heights end likeliness of some ores to compensate for the absence of mountains. There is too much stone to dig and no chance to visually spot ores without huge digging.

• I would also like the ability to customize by dimension. Maybe the config could have a 'customDimensionId' option, and then an option to allow it to spawn/not spawn in that dimension.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• If you want half-life-ish, don't forget to add some barrels if you have extra utils and if you have the Chisel mod, it adds rusty metal pylons, and other blocks that look like they come from the Citadel and more cool blocks.

• Question to GregoriusT or any other experienced dev:

I'm currently testing a mod called SoundFilters, which adds reverb and lowpass filter to the game sound - for those who don't understand, it makes the sound behind solid walls muted or more quiet, it cuts off high frequencies.
    Anyway here is the point:
    This mod works perfectly fine for all sound sources except for GT machines. SoundFilters developer told me, that basically sounds are played from the bottom south-east corner of the block. However with Gregtech machines that seems to work differently - whenever I put a block BEHIND a gregtech machine, the sound of it gets a lowpass effect.
    The main question is, Greg: do GT machines play sounds from a different spot inside the block than the bottom south-east corner?
    Thank you