[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Oh well, I don't know. I never said I do not like them, it's just they seem too long to watch. If I want to get started, I propably will need a step-bby-step guide. The best experience I ever had was the first time I started with ic2 and there was this guide with pictures on the wiki.

You know, you should make a table of contents and maybe split it into multiple videos on different aspects. 25 minutes is a length of a sitcom/anime episode, and if you do not have a second scereen to watch the video on, while doing something else, I don't think even you yourself would watch it...

And the FOV is of course my personal preference , I like it set to minimum.

• I play with my FOV at quake pro.

Smaller FOV makes it harder to play the game; you see less. The only time when I'd want a small FOV would be if I was trying to snipe someone and I wanted to only see exactly what I was aiming at. 110° is a lot wider camera angle than 70°, and it makes a hell of a difference in visibility.

At 70°, you see 20% of your surroundings (horizontally). At 110°, you see 30% of your surroundings. Max FOV makes it 50% easier to see that Zombie off to the side, or where that last arrow came from.

The nice thing about smaller FOV is that it lets you really see what you're looking at. Unfortunately, because Minecraft runs 16-bit pixel graphics, no matter how closely you look at it it's going to look like 16 pixels...
    It is good for taking screenshots of large constructs from far away though.

From an actual playstyle standpoint though, it is personal taste. I run Quake Pro, because I got used to it on day 1 and so the smaller fields look weird to me.

• The problem I have with QuakePro is that everything is very distorted. Cubes get stretched, so precise building takes time to get used to. Also Mobs in front of me appear much further away, and I don't have a feel for when they are in range of my melee.

I do acknowledge that for gross spatial awareness, yeah, it's superior.

• The soldering iron is Greg's 'Duke Nukem Forever' or 'Half-Life 3'

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• That "easier to see" argument is as alwas in the FOV debates absolutely pointless; It's easier to see for your playstyle. I play with the minimal FOV and I bet I could easily compete with your reaction times.

• Greg, if I have a normal block next to a concrete block, and I stand on the border so I'm over the concrete block but I'm slightly higher because I'm standing on the normal block, I get the reduced friction but not the increase in speed. Fix pls.

• I don't you can craft MV machines since TFC has no source of Aluminium...I think. Maybe GT worldgen still works, not sure, but it'll need a lot of tweaking to make it spawn similar to TFC.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• I think video tutorials are bad by design and the reason for this is the huge amount of redundant information aka transition frames. Another problem relies in searching though videos for a specific part which is really painful. So I always prefer text plus pictures against videos.

• There is Aluminium in TFC, but it is extremly hard to get. Remember you can use Rubies and Sapphires for Aluminium in the EBF. Also I will add support for the 5 different Gem Classes of TFC.

• A Question for the configs of GregTech: when its feature_false, what do i need to make to enable it or disable it?

feature_false=false is your default, feature_false=true is your non-default.
    The _false or _true indicates the default so you always know the default.

What enables or disables stuff depends on what feature says and your judgement of true and false...

• There is Aluminium in TFC, but it is extremly hard to get. Remember you can use Rubies and Sapphires for Aluminium in the EBF. Also I will add support for the 5 different Gem Classes of TFC.

There's still a few things which need some way of obtaining, like Tungsten and Titanium. And also there needs to be a TFC mode in the config which alters the damage values of weapons. Even if you can't specify what type of damage, they will still need to be increased a ton.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Abuse CustomOreGen?

Just tested it and it does generate GT ores! But i need to disable some of them, because they already are added by TFC, but i don't know if i disable them from the GT configs, they will not be loaded by CustomOreGen.