[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• the IP: unitedworldminers.com:25590
    I added it under the Modpack description just now, but you could have found it if you joint the teamspeak and looked at the sunrise channel discription (there are also instructions how to install the pack if someone doesn't know how to, though I don't really like people which are not smart enough to find out how that works(@the modpack instructions) :whistling: )

Yeah i have not used a lot of teamspeak lately but i got things figured out even though i was kinda dumb at figuring out them.

• :P :wacko: :whistling::!::?::?::D8|:cursing::P <- This thread

Notice the significant difference in location between 'The Rails' and 'This thread,' both signifying and providing an example of exactly how off the rails this thread is.

• I wonder what changed in GT5 in the way OreDictionary scan works.

GT 4
    - 122 mods including other large ones
    - loading time 1:04, cake took 16 seconds

GT 5
    - 96 mods including same mods
    - loading time 5:10, cake took 4 minutes

That's on i7-4790K, 8GB 1600Mhz and SSD.
    I takes 10+ minutes on i5, 8GB 1333Mhz and SSD.

I know Greg can optimize things to the roof and there probably isn't better way to do it in current Forge environment. I'm just surprised by that incredible jump in loading times of 1.6 and 1.7. What is the cause?

• Have Binnie's mods by any chance?

Now you see me, now you don't...

• They generate in a 3x3 chunk square. They are height dependant in 1.7 and biome dependant in 1.6 If you want to know the height spawn for ores, check in the configs or in Beyond Reality's wiki, because they have good graphs for GT's Oregen in every Vanilla Dimension.

• V5.05.13:
    Changed the Printers Functionality and removed one Input and one Output Slot of it, because of working with Fluids now. Read the new Printer Manual if you are incapable of just looking into NEI.
    Added the 16 Color Sprays back, but no way to obtain the Chemical Dye used to fill them. :P
    Changed Textures of the Sensor Kit/Card to fit the Nuclear Control Items.
    Added some other random Items, and changed some Food Recipes.
    Fixed a lot of small Bugs.

• They generate in a 3x3 chunk square. They are height dependant in 1.7 and biome dependant in 1.6 If you want to know the height spawn for ores, check in the configs or in Beyond Reality's wiki, because they have good graphs for GT's Oregen in every Vanilla Dimension.

Is it possible to have different spawning height per dimension? I want all the ores to spawn in the deep dark.

• Regarding the Electric Blast furnace Setup for early game: I have read the Q/A and this is not a question about duct tape but may be the reason why so many have been asking recently. I noticed that the recipe for steel has changed in NEI and the old recipe of coal dusts and iron was changed to oxygen (liquid) and iron. How do you exactly setup the EBF to create steel early game? The only recopies in NEI are 3 using a centrifuge and the rest are from electrolyzer of ores which are no possible until getting MV Electrolyzer. Also coal dust is no longer needed for steel? Seems odd to get ashes out but no coal dust going in? Does a different input hatch have to be added to get oxygen? The tooltip for EBF does not indicate that its needed. The new wiki is seriously out of date for the EBF.

Could other users give me some feedback on how to do early game EBF setup to create steel?

Edit: no indication in NEI that oxygen cells can be used. Would a recipe of iron and oxygen cell work?

thanks

• You were worried for nothing, SpwnX :p (This is the new GT NC2 Kit default texture btw)

Not going to lie... that's pretty silly but awesome looking :P

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.