[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• *Wakes up, checks forums. Sees more trolling. Sighs and just leaves.*

BTW, Lapis/Sodalite/Lazurite = Sodium out the wazoo

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Nope. I do it all the time- just did, in fact. No implosion compressor needed. Just a compressor.
    At the very minimum you'd need a mortar+pestle, a way to wash powders, and a steam compressor. I can confirm this.

Yes that is a config that forces the use of the implosion compressor, at the first week of kirara 2.0 it was not active and i made that way the first diamond.

Still will need a lvl 3 pickaxe to get obsidium, thought...

If i recall right, you can make ic2 universals cell and bring lava with you and manual placing make a portal, tedious but work (ic2 U-cell seen to not damage you like buckets)

just can't remember where from..

Clay dust, along with lithium, but it is MV

So, I don't find any, no re-batteries.

you can use ic2 CESU to store power until you make enough aluminum to electrolize clay dust. GT lv transformer can draw direct from cesu.

GT also adds more headaches for server admins. "Hey admin, my (insert gt machine here) wont work and im sure its a bug.' Then the admin warps there and finds out they just did things wrong.

If greg still keep the config, it was possible to disable most of the gregtech early headaches like insuficient energy line, rain explosion, and etc.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• If the Basic Steam Turbine is the 1st machine that produce energy u should build, them how you get the magnetic iron bar that is need for the electric motor that are need to buld it?
    cause to get the magnetic ingots u need the basic polarizer... and i need ENERGY to power it, so how come ? what is the 1st Energy machine i should build? cause NEI dont say and there is no wiki for that yet :(

EDIT: dang u can use redstone to make those magnetic rods, nvm that

• If the Basic Steam Turbine is the 1st machine that produce energy u should build, them how you get the magnetic iron bar that is need for the electric motor that are need to buld it?
    cause to get the magnetic ingots u need the basic polarizer... and i need ENERGY to power it, so how come ? what is the 1st Energy machine i should build? cause NEI dont say and there is no wiki for that yet :(

EDIT: dang u can use redstone to make those magnetic rods, nvm that

On the one hand, you saved yourself a potential banning:
    "Q: I cannot make Motors without Electricity, but need Electricity for Magnetic Iron Rods!
    A: Did you try the CRAFTING Recipe that involves Magnetic Iron Rods as Output? There are NO Tech Loops EVER."

On the other hand, I have little patience for developers who think they make no mistakes EVER. Even you Greg. You're lucky you implemented better-wrench-control on blocks...eventually. ( I was gonna use the steel-nugget-flint-and-steel fiasco as my 'proof' but I can't remember if that was your fault)

• UN_GOD, I appreciate the hints, but I don't use IC2 machines; I can make portals using a bucket, but to make diamonds I need obsidian block as an item...

And Axle, I know about that sources of sodium, I just forgot to say that I wanted another that could be extracted using LV machines, that ones need MV.
    So we could use sodium batteries earlier, on the electric blast furnace, without danger of power shortage for some reason.
    After getting aluminium, The first MV machine that I make is the Electrolyzer, so getting Lithium to make Lithium Batteries is waaaaaay easier (clay dust).

But, well, that's me, seems that this isn't a problem to anyone else, so let's that aside.

A curiosity mine: the Lightning rod will be returning on Gregtech 5?
    Don't want to know an ETA or anything, just if there plans to bring it back. I searched on the forum, and found no mention about that.

• Try glauconite. It's a byproduct, and you can also get it from using an LV centrifuge (at 5 EU/t even). The 32v electrolyzer can only get it via Salt.

Source: 1min46secs in NEI

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• talking about the flint and steel,somebody wants the crafting recipe using steel ingot not the nugget one.

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• Does Gregtech generates Glauconite?
    I remember seeing it on NEI, but I didn't consider for some reason, I think I didn't found it on world generation file.

Oh, and thanks about the Brick/Iron block, that I didn't knew.

• Was looking for an OLD download, but not able to download through the dropbox links provided.
    I get an Error (509) This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Sounds great to get a lot of traffic, but can this be fixed somehow or is there an alternative way?

Edit: It's great to be back on the forum again, been a while. I miss GregTech, might consider joining Kirara (I know the way ;) )

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." (Mark Twain)
    GregTech is a wonderful time consuming challenge!
    Fun Paradise V is on it's way ...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Devilin_Pixy ().

• We still wait for OvermindDL to reply to me for finally moving the Stuff over... (I wait since more than a Week).

Also: Did anyone get Problems with too many CRAFTING Recipes being added to the game causing it to let random Recipes vanish? Because that happens to me right now and there is no reason why that should happen at all.

• We still wait for OvermindDL to reply to me for finally moving the Stuff over... (I wait since more than a Week).

Ah yes, just read that some pages back, because fuck dropbox :P

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." (Mark Twain)
    GregTech is a wonderful time consuming challenge!
    Fun Paradise V is on it's way ...

Also: Did anyone get Problems with too many CRAFTING Recipes being added to the game causing it to let random Recipes vanish? Because that happens to me right now and there is no reason why that should happen at all.

I've been getting this too, and somebody reported it on the IC2 bug tracker as well. It seems to be either NEI related or OreDictionary related. For me, I've been seeing things like this:

1. Search recipe for crafting table
    2. Craft it using birch planks
    3. Now every other type of wood is entirely useless(expect non-oredict things like stairs and slabs)

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Does Gregtech generates Glauconite?
    I remember seeing it on NEI, but I didn't consider for some reason, I think I didn't found it on world generation file.

Oh, and thanks about the Brick/Iron block, that I didn't knew.

GT does generate glauconite.

You're welcome :3

• e-net question

Let's assume I have a 4-slot MV ( 128eu/t ) battery buffer with 4 batteries in it. I power it with IC2. Now let's assume I have 4 machines connected to that buffer, and they are all processing and each is consuming 128 eu/t.
    Normally I would place 4 MV generators, to provide power for all 4 batteries (through the 4 amp cable). And here is the question: if I provide one 512eu/t source of energy from IC2, and transform it down to 128 EU/T from GT, will it also evenly power all 4 batteries inside the MV battery buffer?

• Yes, the power is evenly devided for all batteries inside an buffer. only when there is more than one buffer parralel connected the energy will first fill one buffer, then the next one.

thanks for a quick and helping answer