[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Then I Realized: Using a Fluid Extractor to create molten metal, then using a Fluid Solidifier to condense that metal into plates is more energy efficient than using a Metal Bender on Ingots.

• Nothing unusual about that (except IRL!). Greg always rewards alternative and more complicated ways of doing otherwise simple things.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I use G1GC since ages now even that some say that minecraft does not work with it. As a general rule of thumb Java shoundn't get more possible memory than the long living and short living object actually need so that the gc runs short and frequently.

Beside of that, FastCraft solved some unexplainable long term pauses (>=0.5s) at chunk loading at least I think so because it wasn't the gc.

• I know Overmind was working on something, but he hasn't bestowed us with any progress updates lately.

A combination of the horror of MC's code, making textures (ugh... I could pump out updates so fast if others made the graphics...) and the Mojang buyout kind of killed my motivation for a bit, plus I then got hooked back in to Factorio (multiplayer!) and Terasology (especially with the world height limit removed recently).

Really, modding Terasology is utter bliss compared to MC, a proper component system, it is like they took all the design things I kept speaking of for years and put it in to Java form (mostly, a few oddities but still far far far far better than MC).

• A combination of the horror of MC's code, making textures (ugh... I could pump out updates so fast if others made the graphics...) and the Mojang buyout kind of killed my motivation for a bit, plus I then got hooked back in to Factorio (multiplayer!) and Terasology (especially with the world height limit removed recently).

Really, modding Terasology is utter bliss compared to MC, a proper component system, it is like they took all the design things I kept speaking of for years and put it in to Java form (mostly, a few oddities but still far far far far better than MC).

Mojang buyout is a blessing for MC modding community. First time in years we got something like a final version of the game. I so hope that Microsoft will change policy about MC after 1.8.1 update and make all others unaccessible to modders. That would make a real final version with no fear of breaking compatibility. Every single version i wait for critical mods to update, and there is always that one, which holds it for newest version. I did not play MC for over 2 years because of that. But now finally, hopefully in a couple of days, I will.

• request for optifine compat
    yet ic2 the dependency has done with that

It is compatible. Please go drink bleach now.

In other news, people:

I am taking an undetermined length of hiatus from minecraft. (Why? Four words: Hungry Node, Quantum Armor.) The server will remain up, but i'm shutting down my lab and chunk-loaders. So yeah, gonna find something less devastatingly frustrating to deal with for a while.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• (Why? Four words: Hungry Node, Quantum Armor.)

I almost learned the hard way that I have to carry a matter cannon filled with gold nuggets in my inventory. It is a good way to smack down hungry nodes if you're in trouble (or just for the sake of killing a node).

But hey, that was "just" a quantum armor, not your entire base that got blown up by one single machine that exploded and caused a chain reaction...

• I almost learned the hard way that I have to carry a matter cannon filled with gold nuggets in my inventory. It is a good way to smack down hungry nodes if you're in trouble (or just for the sake of killing a node).

But hey, that was "just" a quantum armor, not your entire base that got blown up by one single machine that exploded and caused a chain reaction...

Chain-explosions (THANKS GREG) were actually what made me quit the last time. I was gone about a month. ^.^; I then deleted the server and moved to 1.7.10 since most of the mods had caught up. It worked out, in a sense..

Quoted from "zorn":

• How much energy if any is lost when energy passes through a machine (for example, a battery buffer or transformer)? If I have the space, would it be more efficient to hook up 4 LV turbines to a transformer or just make a MV turbine? I noticed that higher tier turbines are less efficient.

BTW, I hadn't played gregtech for about a year until now. I was initially pissed about the changes (bronze age, more complicated progression), but I'm enjoying it now.

• How much energy if any is lost when energy passes through a machine (for example, a battery buffer or transformer)? If I have the space, would it be more efficient to hook up 4 LV turbines to a transformer or just make a MV turbine? I noticed that higher tier turbines are less efficient.

BTW, I hadn't played gregtech for about a year until now. I was initially pissed about the changes (bronze age, more complicated progression), but I'm enjoying it now.

http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com…ectricity#Cables_and_Loss

• How to turn off damaging mobs when close to each other? I found "MaxEqualEntitiesAtOneSpot=3" in the config file. Set to 0 or 1000?

UPD: Set to 0, mobs doesn't take damage now.

• How to turn off damaging mobs when close to each other? I found "MaxEqualEntitiesAtOneSpot=3" in the config file. Set to 0 or 1000?

Not sure. I will need to tweak this value through as with default setting animals tend to get damage while feeding and breeding them, as they tend to group rush.
    Ideally (don't know if it can be done) animals should not take damage while attracted to food.

Well, to be honest, you would not breed your farm animals in the middle of a field with many others around.
    I'd take a couple, breed, then move parents and baby in a distinct enclosure until it get adult.

Dense animal farms are a lag plague on servers, so this is a good thing GregT implemented this.

• Not sure. I will need to tweak this value through as with default setting animals tend to get damage while feeding and breeding them, as they tend to group rush.
    Ideally (don't know if it can be done) animals should not take damage while attracted to food.

Well, to be honest, you would not breed your farm animals in the middle of a field with many others around.
    I'd take a couple, breed, then move parents and baby in a distinct enclosure until it get adult.

Dense animal farms are a lag plague on servers, so this is a good thing GregT implemented this.

Due to this behavior I didn't can make an iron golem farm and a zombie pigman farm with manual kill. Villagers tries to stand close each other and takes damage sometime.

And this thing will not solve mob farms lags - two block deep holes digged at chess order with two (or three) mobs inside each hole, so 16x16x3 area can hold 256 mobs.

• Due to this behavior I didn't can make an iron golem farm and a zombie pigman farm with manual kill. Villagers tries to stand close each other and takes damage sometime.

And this thing will not solve mob farms lags - two block deep holes digged at chess order with two (or three) mobs inside each hole, so 16x16x3 area can hold 128 mobs.

Actually even that is better. The way MC handles collisions is an exponential increase, so every mob touching in a short distance doubles the check from having one less, and that is what lag-kills servers.

• Actually even that is better. The way MC handles collisions is an exponential increase, so every mob touching in a short distance doubles the check from having one less, and that is what lag-kills servers.

Are you sure it is exponential and not just quadratic? :huh:

• Well ^2 is an exponent, so technically, yes it is exponential, lol. (ofcourse it is quadratic)

And dense Mobs do kill Servers very often, that is why I made it (and because I dont wanna "/killall chicken" all the time)

• It's funny if you set the limit to 2, and animals suddenly die if they walk into each other :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• GregTech - ultimate lag fixer, adds lots of food, tons of ores, metals (just imagine: 20 fucking iron alloys!), dusts (and small and little heaps) halves wood planks and sticks. With a little bit of delicious technologies.