[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• He is not on every single day, neither always a GT pack (beyond reality) but here is the link: http://www.twitch.tv/coolmanofworlds found it by just browsing through twitch and i saw one stream online.

• MC gold? you do know gold is much thougher in IRL, and lead tools a file... it's just a mod with semi-realistic stuff trying to keep it self in more of a realistic settings (you could use a lead file IRL to cut some edges on some metal not saying that it will not break easily but hey that is the reason why it is such low durability) And about those not used materials, they are much expensive and difficult to find and/or create a alloy to use in stuff. hell that is the reason why we still use steel and not boron-rich superhard materials nor ultimet on everything. so.. just don't make a :Uranium Ingot: -> :Bronze Shovel: anytime soon.

Isn't the hardness of gold IRL dependent on the karat rating (i.e. purity)?

As far as making a uranium shovel, I don't think I've actually come across any uranium ore yet (though I've only been playing my current single-player world with GregTech (and some other mods) for a few days). I have a couple of other questions now:
    1. Which materials require other mods to be installed for the ores to even show up? I would guess that certus quartz requires AE2 (which I have) and thaumium requires Thaumcraft (which I don't), but others are less clear.
    2. I've come across some red and black granite with small ores embedded, which will apparently require a level 3 pickaxe to collect, so which level 3 material is the easiest to find or make (without already having a level 3 pickaxe)?

• GregTech generates certain ores by default. What ores it generates does not change based on what mods you have installed. The ores GregTech generates are dependent upon what ores you tell it to generate via WorldGeneration.cfg

The first two sections of the FTB Wiki's GregTech Mining and Processing guide might help a little with this.

As for a Level III Pickaxe, unfortunately all Level III materials require either a fair amount of industrial machinery or another Level III pickaxe. The most basic one would be Diamond, but even with that you'd need to find 3 Diamonds from mining Small Ores.

• Some mod Level 3 materials can be obtained quite easily. TC shards and thaumium, amethysts, AM2s blue topaz or vinteum, EnderIOs dark iron or some thermal expansion materials. Only with GT materials, the easies whould be diamonds or cobalt, cobalt can be optained as byproduct of copper or nickel with level 2 tools.

• GregTech generates certain ores by default. What ores it generates does not change based on what mods you have installed. The ores GregTech generates are dependent upon what ores you tell it to generate via WorldGeneration.cfg

I wasn't certain of that. Perhaps I should rephrase my question, then: which of the materials listed at http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Pickaxe_%28GregTech%29 require ores that are not generated with GregTech's default WorldGeneration.cfg? and is there a moderately simple way to make all the related items of unavailable materials that GregTech adds (ingots, nuggets, plates, dusts, tool heads, etc.) hidden in NEI, even when showing different tool-head + stick recipes for a "meta" tool?

• Materials that require ores not within standard generation:

Most of these missing ores are either gems or magical in nature, and GregTech on its own is not a 'magic' mod.

Unfortunately there is not a way to hide the unused ones, and double-unfortunately that's also a Q&A question.

Edit: As far as looking for a Level 3 material, your best bet would probably be Cobalt. It can be obtained as a by-product from Copper Ore, and does not require a Blast Furnace to smelt, making it the only level 3 material that can be acquired using only level 2 tools, from unmodified GT ore generation, and without the use of an EBF.

Edit #2: This is actually useful information to me too; now all I need is a Diamond Ore vein... :rolleyes:

• Most of these missing ores are either gems or magical in nature, and GregTech on its own is not a 'magic' mod.

Then perhaps I should start over with Thaumcraft installed... (and maybe look again for other mods to add to my list).

Unfortunately there is not a way to hide the unused ones, and double-unfortunately that's also a Q&A question.

Really? If you mean the official Q/A for GregTech, I just re-read it (it had been a month or more since last time I'd read it), and I don't find that covered.

• I hope some hidden ore will have a recipe to deal with them like water ore,oil ore,lava ore,bone ore or something

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• Scheelite too, IIRC

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Ofcourse it is intended to have Infinity NOT work on it. That Enchant is OP for anything other than vanilla Arrows.

Also regarding the Gold thing. Gold is a soft and heavy Metal, meaning it is not suitable as core for Tools, however a Gold Coating can protect it from rusting and similar weardown effects.

• Hey, so a few quick questions,

1: If i transform step up- 32v to 128v at one amp it turns to 250 miliamps, so how is that handled in mv machines? Do they just require 4 packets of that amperage?

2 Converting 1c2 eu to Gregtech eu requires a transformer adjacent to the energy source, does this just change the energy forms, or does it also do a step-up/down in this method?

3 I was noticing my cables catching on fire when my machines were hooked up to 1x tin wire which have 1 amp tolerance, so my question is: do the cables require an amp rating equal to the amp input of all machines hooked up to that line, even if not active? (eg; 5 rolling machines, none one would require a cable with a amp tolerance higher than 5)

4 Do transformers have internal losses in gregtech, or are they loss-less?

• 1. When you step up 1 amp of 32V to 128V, it will deliver 1 amp of 128V every 4 ticks. So the effective EU/t will still be 32 EU/t
    3. All amps that pass through a wire during a given tick contribute to the total load on that wire. If the total load goes above the amp rating of the wire, the wire will catch fire. So when choosing the appropriate wire you have to determine the total max amps your power sources can give and the total max amps all your machines can take, and then take the smaller total and that is the rating you need.
    4. Every single machine including transformers has a bit of loss when it outputs energy.

• 1: Exactly after loss: every 4.125 Ticks 1Amp 128V.

2: The transformer still works normally. So an MFU can output into an MV Transformer for 4x128V, or into an HV transformer for 1x512V.

3. Jep, the Amp are not on average, so allways calculate max input (4amp per transformer) or output (2amp per machine) and use cables based on that.

4. As said, they have internal loss.