[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• If people havent noticed, I updated. I wonder if retep is going to use the new slightly more hardcore Version of Ore stacking being limited to just one Item.

See all the potential of Ores not stacking at all (if enabled). You would basically have to use Minecarts everytime you go mining, especially with those huge GregTech Veins!

That's implying I even play Minecraft.

• Hey greg!

Noticed a bug. Since the latest GT and IHL and IC2 and Forge, it seems GT no longer unificates most IHL stuff, namely Glycerine into Glyceryl Trinitrate, which broke my nitro-diesel machine system completely and had to be reconfigured to reverse the Gcell+fuel to FCell+Glyceryl to fix. Seems a few other things may also not unify. I couldn't find anything in the config to force it. So yeah, you get IHL's glycerine cells from GT chemical reactors, which then can't be used for stuff (presumeably because they're Glycerine and not Glyceryl Trinitrate)

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Shameless plug: big-huge resource pack update for my pack. All machine faces are done, items come next.

Check my signature for the link.

Almost everything is animated.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Zerrens ().

• If people havent noticed, I updated. I wonder if retep is going to use the new slightly more hardcore Version of Ore stacking being limited to just one Item.

See all the potential of Ores not stacking at all (if enabled). You would basically have to use Minecarts everytime you go mining, especially with those huge GregTech Veins!

That is just lame, more fake dificult only, also i can see that it will cause some problems with machinery too, where some recipe that requires more than 15 materials arent going to work, also, if such thing exist on the pack, people will use and abuse other mods to compensate this TCT (Time Consuming Task).

or AE2 portable cells.

like this one option.

Holy shit Greg I love you, fucking awesome. Giving purpose to minecarts, trains, and rails.

yeah like, they arent around for a long time, and without RC, we would need to made a ton of chest cart bein pushed by a furnace cart while we ride because chunk loading things, modpacks without RC exist if you believe it is possible.

But all this is just opinion, instead of relying more on other mods, all it need is a little more faith on itself. But the god of it seens to not want that, because probably require more work on his side.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• This pack and Pyro's pack should be given a prominent spot on the OP.

EDIT: Just found it. Where is PGAT though? GRAG!

• @Greg
    Why arsenic is not available in ingot form?
    It exists in a game, but only as content of cell.
    I want to add some recipes, and having arsenic available from GregTech as is would nice as I want to use them.
    And if it wouldn't be to hard, can you add Gallium arsenide?

That would be great. I want to add some items and tweak some recipes, but I require this components to fulfill them nicely.

If you intrested what this is for.
    It is planned to overhaul some AE2 and OpenComputers recipes to use this items inside power transistors.

P.s. I noticed Germanium is missing.
    Is it for a good reason? Or you just forgot/couldn't be bothered?

• Why So this may be coming to Forge: https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/pull/1617
    Is it maybe gonna improve the loading time it takes to process all those 50k recipes, since the vanilla recipe system is extremely bad?

It works well with Vanilla Recipes, but I doubt it will work on the OreDict Recipes, since OreDict Inputs cannot be sorted. Same for all other special Input Lists.

FUCK YOU, QUOTE SYSTEM!!!

Noticed a bug. Since the latest GT and IHL and IC2 and Forge, it seems GT no longer unificates most IHL stuff, namely Glycerine into Glyceryl Trinitrate, which broke my nitro-diesel machine system completely and had to be reconfigured to reverse the Gcell+fuel to FCell+Glyceryl to fix. Seems a few other things may also not unify. I couldn't find anything in the config to force it. So yeah, you get IHL's glycerine cells from GT chemical reactors, which then can't be used for stuff (presumeably because they're Glycerine and not Glyceryl Trinitrate)

I cannot do much about that. This happened due to IHL adding its own Glyceryl Trinitrate (also known as Glycerine) Cell. And that Cell has the same empty container as my Cell resulting in one of those Cells not registering their Fluid Container. And now for the best Part: All Fluid Containers are automatically blacklisted from unification, so the failed container is always the unification target. And since there is no Recipe using the actual Cells in GT (because fluids!), those failed Cells are worthless.

• yeah like, they arent around for a long time, and without RC, we would need to made a ton of chest cart bein pushed by a furnace cart while we ride because chunk loading things, modpacks without RC exist if you believe it is possible.

But all this is just opinion, instead of relying more on other mods, all it need is a little more faith on itself. But the god of it seens to not want that, because probably require more work on his side.

That feature is configurable. You do not have to like it. For example, I dislike Thaumcraft integration. I still do not attack people liking thaumcraft.
    And the sarcasm about Greg being too lazy to do shit about his mod is inappropriate in that case. What does the easy-working config for integration with transportation mods hast to do with stuff like that?

• That is just lame, more fake dificult only, also i can see that it will cause some problems with machinery too, where some recipe that requires more than 15 materials arent going to work, also, if such thing exist on the pack, people will use and abuse other mods to compensate this TCT (Time Consuming Task).

I actually like the idea of promoting minecarts for mining. THe 'difficulty' is in making the rail line and automating it to save time, in my opinion.

Just curious, what do you think of the gt mechanics like the plates for iron tools and 2 planks per log? Is that also fake difficulty and 'tct'?

My thinking is that you can't really ever design a game to not have any tasks that are pretty simple, but just take time. And gamers love it because everyone can win when a game is set up like that. Is making recipes out of plates instead of ingots really adding difficulty?

Not really disagreeing with you, Im curious to hear more of your opinion.

• So then why does it seem more GT players are for hand mining only? I would think that automating a rail line to move ores to your base is more fun than doing it by hand (like just filling up backpacks and hauling stuff back manually).

Also I'd argue that the contraption has to be challenging to make. Simply automating things is no fun for me. Compare a pipe system made with BC vs ender io pipes. There is no challenge with enderio.

Then again a BC quarry vs a redpower frame quarry shows BC also has it's share of Easy blocks :)

• So then why does it seem more GT players are for hand mining only? I would think that automating a rail line to move ores to your base is more fun than doing it by hand (like just filling up backpacks and hauling stuff back manually).

Also I'd argue that the contraption has to be challenging to make. Simply automating things is no fun for me. Compare a pipe system made with BC vs ender io pipes. There is no challenge with enderio.

Then again a BC quarry vs a redpower frame quarry shows BC also has it's share of Easy blocks :)

That is exactly what I think is insane. WHile everyone is screaming for automation (we even got industrial potion brewing now

But still, most of the guys prefet manual mining. THere literally is 0 progress made on any contraptions useful to identifying/searching for ore/ore extraction.
    I remember the times of building RP quarries, damn, that still were only quarries but it was so much fun. With this new "reinforcement" on rail usage, I am propably going to use the ic2 miner again with 2 anchors, 1 for the miner and 1 for the train driving the ressources to my base and providing the miner with energy. Hell, I will make an ore processing factory + station.