[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I migrated my 1.6.4 world to 1.7.10. Yay. I let the machines turn into iron blocks.
    My real annoyance is that future migrations will be hampered with GregTech's Ores being tile entities. This is the first mod that uses NBT data to differentiate ores which will make future migrations very difficult without risking losing the ores.

Could there be an option to generate Gregtech veins using other mod's IDs for the ores?

Thanks,
    IMarv

I'm pretty sure upgrading from GT 4 to GT 5 wasn't meant to happen, and the same thing goes for upgrading from GT 5 to GT X. Btw I read that upgrading a 1.7.10 molded world to 1.8 will be impossible

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• I'm pretty sure upgrading from GT 4 to GT 5 wasn't meant to happen, and the same thing goes for upgrading from GT 5 to GT X. Btw I read that upgrading a 1.7.10 molded world to 1.8 will be impossible

Pretty sure Greg stated multiple times, that gt4 to gt5 will be impossible technically because of the changes in the "core". Besides, even if that would be possible, how do you imagine the translation to happen, with all the new wires/machines/electricity mechanics? The only thing you propably could save would be your base itself, not its internals.

• Pretty sure Greg stated multiple times, that gt4 to gt5 will be impossible technically because of the changes in the "core". Besides, even if that would be possible, how do you imagine the translation to happen, with all the new wires/machines/electricity mechanics? The only thing you propably could save would be your base itself, not its internals.

Yup, and that will happen in 1.8+ too. While I do the new API, I will ofcourse keep the 1.7.10 compatibility with my already existing Blocks and Items. The old Blocks and Items will only get removed for 1.8+ and not earlier.

And it is almost always impossible to keep old Worlds anyways.

• Keeping old worlds is silly anyway, as restarting and changing what mods you're playing with is half the fun of modded Minecraft.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• To be fair, almost all our players do. In fact, two of them have bases in the 33k and 48.5k regions specifically. Considering there's only 3 players active right now, and two of them are that far off, that kind of says something. (There used to be 7. I even upgraded internet and doubled the server's RAM and put in an SSD and RAID0 all to make the server super fast and stable. It now goes to waste! It is nice to have 953μs average tick time, though!)

I would like to have a server like that. What are the specifications?

• Let me guess why it looks like this: The Grafics Card of your Computer broke and since then you use the internals of your old Computer as some kind of Server for LAN Games, since that thing has not a very good Internet Connection (for making a large Server).

• My Internet has 10MBit up/50MBit download, so enogh for 5-8 player online over the internet.

But yes, the parts are mostly old stuff from my gaming PC. Mainboard was to cheap for overclocking, so i changed it, the SSD was for weeks on RMA, so i brought a new one to get my PC running again. The ram was for free from a friend and the cooler is also an old one. Only CPU and the PSU where brought just for this. (~120€)

So far no case for free, so i use it without one.

Pic of my current PC.

• Yup, and that will happen in 1.8+ too. While I do the new API, I will ofcourse keep the 1.7.10 compatibility with my already existing Blocks and Items. The old Blocks and Items will only get removed for 1.8+ and not earlier.

And it is almost always impossible to keep old Worlds anyways.

I knew gt4 to gt5 was impossible for the machines. I was mostly after the base and world. I migrated the block IDs of gregtech machine blocks to regular blocks of iron. It's the mess of the ores that worried me. I cut my losses and did a 1.7.10 to 1.7.10 migration to a world w/o gregtech at all since I didn't have too many chunks generated with new GT ores in places I worry about. Mostly, the migration was to preserve ores, ingots, and other odds and ends in my inventories as well as convert GT ores and granite to stone. It has been fun, and it'll be one less thing to worry about.

Greg, keep up the exciting things you do. I'm hoping for a quest pack using it someday with GT as the focus. Something like Blood and Bones or Crash Landing with GT would be neat.

Thanks,
    IMarv

• I know this maybe won't be the right place for it but I thought you could maybe help me. I wanted to make a pack with Gregtech and Reikas Mods in which I Minetweek a lot so they follow the same progression. However when I add Reikas Mods ( DragonAPI, RotaryCraft, Reactorcraft, Electricraft, Expanded Redstone, Chromaticraft and Geostrata) everything works fine until I try entering or creating a world. Minecraft then tells me :shutting down Internal Server...
    , A Fatal Error has occured this connection is terminated. After that I'm in the Server Selection thing ( I hope you know what I mean, the place where you can direct connect or add server etc. ...).
    Because it doesen't crashed there is no Crash report, but here are the last lines of the log

NFO] [OpenMods]: openmods.network.IdSyncManager.onDisconnect(IdSyncManager.java:124): Disconnected, restoring local data
    [18:52:07] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: =============================================================
    [18:52:07] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: MOD HAS DIRECT REFERENCE System.exit() THIS IS NOT ALLOWED REROUTING TO FML!
    [18:52:07] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Offendor: truetyper/TrueTypeFont.loadImage(Ljava/awt/image/BufferedImage;)I
    [18:52:07] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Use FMLCommonHandler.exitJava instead
    [18:52:07] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: =============================================================
    [18:52:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [truetyper.TrueTypeFont:<init>:94]: TrueTypeFont loaded: java.awt.Font[family=Arial,name=Arial,style=plain,size=12] - AntiAlias = true
    [18:52:07] [Client thread/INFO] [MapWriter]: Mw.load: loading...
    [18:52:08] [Client thread/INFO] [MapWriter]: generating block colours
    [18:52:08] [Client thread/INFO] [MapWriter]: loading block colour overrides file C:\Users\Luis\Desktop\mmc-stable-win32\MultiMC\instances\1.7.10\minecraft\config\MapWriterBlockColourOverrides.txt
    [18:52:08] [Client thread/INFO] [MapWriter]: generating block map colours from textures
    [18:52:08] [Client thread/INFO] [MapWriter]: created new MwTexture from GL texture id 8 (2048x2048) (4194304 pixels)
    [18:52:08] [Client thread/INFO] [MapWriter]: processed 5010 block textures, 13926 skipped, 325 exceptions
    [18:52:08] [Client thread/INFO] [MapWriter]: loading block colour overrides file C:\Users\Luis\Desktop\mmc-stable-win32\MultiMC\instances\1.7.10\minecraft\config\MapWriterBlockColourOverrides.txt
    [18:52:08] [Client thread/INFO] [MapWriter]: saving block colours to 'C:\Users\Luis\Desktop\mmc-stable-win32\MultiMC\instances\1.7.10\minecraft\config\MapWriterBlockColours.txt'
    [18:52:08] [Server thread/INFO]: <PROFILE NAME> lost connection: TextComponent{text='Disconnected', siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}
    [18:52:08] [Server thread/INFO]: <PROFILE NAME> left the game
    [18:52:08] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping singleplayer server as player logged out
    [18:52:08] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gravisuite.GraviSuite:addLog:148]: [GraviSuite] Keyregistry: IC2 ALT key found
    [18:52:08] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gravisuite.GraviSuite:addLog:148]: [GraviSuite] Keyregistry: IC2 Boost key found
    [18:52:08] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [gravisuite.GraviSuite:addLog:148]: [GraviSuite] Keyregistry: IC2 MODE SWITCH key found
    [18:52:11] [Server thread/INFO] [Project Red]: Created Retrogen database for dimension 0
    [18:52:11] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving and pausing game...
    [18:52:11] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'New World'/Overworld
    [18:52:35] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'New World'/Nether
    [18:52:55] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
    [18:52:55] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving players
    [18:52:55] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving worlds
    [18:52:55] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'New World'/Overworld
    [18:53:01] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'New World'/Nether
    [18:53:09] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension 0
    [18:53:09] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -1
    [18:53:09] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
    [18:53:09] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
    [18:53:13] [Client thread/INFO] [MapWriter]: Mw.close: closing...
    [18:53:13] [Client thread/INFO] [MapWriter]: waiting for 2 tasks to finish...
    [18:53:13] [Client thread/INFO] [MapWriter]: done

I already googled this but didn't found a solution. I only found someone having this problem because he was using a different Forge Version than the Server he tried to connect to. However i'm trying to play Singleplayer...
    I also tried using different forge Version but I still got the error. I hope you can help me and that this is the right place for it.

• I have a server with reika's mods running and encountered a similliar problem. Not exactly the same, but likely the same reason. Reika ships old APIs with his mods and these crash you once the first network packages are send. In my case an old buildcraft api was the problem, but reikas mods contain about 10-20 APIs, so all of them can be the reason for this.

• Thank for the quick reply ! But it looks like it isn't really fixed yet. I can now enter a world for about 3 seconds but then the shutting down server... comes again. However Mincraft crashed after that. I haven't tweaked Rotarycraft yet.

• Only most recent (v3d), but Buildcraft still has to be 6.1.8. Newer versions do not work, even when removing the api in the rotraycraft jar. And it is likely to happen with other mods to. DragonAPI contains the APIs of cofh, computercraft, open computers, waila and minechem and implements about a dozen more. All of them potentionally breaking your game. Just remove one mod at a time to find your problem. Then you need to get the right api to work.

• Which Versions of Rotarycraft are you using ?

In my mess of mods which had GT and Rotarycraft working, I had
    mods\RotaryCraft 1.7.10 V3d.jar
    mods\DragonAPI 1.7.10 V3d.jar
    mods\industrialcraft-2-2.2.660-experimental.jar

Full List:

I have had to remove a few api's out of Dragon API, but I don't remember which ones. The most recent was WAILA's or NEI's for the latest versions of them.

Good Luck,
    IMarv

• Yeah, the 'few seconds' thing was WAILA for me; as soon as I looked at a block and before the tooltip came, I crashed. It was on an existing world after I did a series of mod updates.

Edit: For Clarity, it was the WAILA API shipped within DragonAPI, not either of the mods themselves.