[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• When trying to use the cualdron with the redstone dust to make the normal redstone it fails to want to use the cauldron for anything as its called DragonAPI:minecraft:cauldron_technical and the mod maker has adamently said that the cauldron is still vanilla. The Cauldron is made normally and ownership only changes once the Cauldron is placed

• I would like to have a server like that. What are the specifications?

AMD Phenom II
    8 GB DDR3-2133
    Samsung 850 SSD
    2 HDDs (RAID0)
    Onboard video (because IT'S A SERVER)
    300/60 mbit down/up (clocks in at 65-70 down and 30-39 up)

Not much to tell, just decent hardware.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• GregTech steam turbines do not accept industrial craft steam. Is it for balance?

It would likely be because IC2 created its own Steam that it uses, and is not compatible with other Steam-based machines or systems. GregTech Steam Turbines will happily accept Steam from just about any other mod.

• GREG
    You should consider renaming immedietly to immediately in all your error messages.

For context, this is in reference to the old "You ran into a serious Bug, if you have legitly aquired this Block, please report it immidietly" error block.

"aquired" is actually spelled "acquired", and "immidietly" is actually spelled "immediately"

(This is assuming that this block still exists; I haven't seen it since I unexpectedly created one a little less than a year ago.)

• When trying to use the cualdron with the redstone dust to make the normal redstone it fails to want to use the cauldron for anything as its called DragonAPI:minecraft:cauldron_technical and the mod maker has adamently said that the cauldron is still vanilla. The Cauldron is made normally and ownership only changes once the Cauldron is placed

So the reference to the vanilla Cauldron doesn't change, but the Block itself does? What the fuck, whose great Idea was that?

Well I will change my Code to check for instanceof BlockCauldron, since other people may add Cauldrons made of other Materials too, what should have the Side Effect of fixing this Bug.

And why the fuck did the Bukkit people name their junk "Cauldron", it makes Bug Reports regarding real Cauldrons almost un-understandable.

• Guys I tried searching the thread, but found nothing.

What number is the left slot in Electrolyzer? I managed to figure out that slot 5 is the right slot, but nothing up to 30 works for left slot. Wtf Greg, couldn't you make this more intuitive? Like slots 1 and 2?

Please help, I'm trying to use Regulator on Electrolyzer and failing miserably.

• Did you try Slot 4? Because that is the Slot you are looking for.

And you will NEVER be able to insert two Items of the same kind into two different Slots using automation, to answer your Question why your Item did not want to go into Slot 4.

• Year 2000 + 15
    Overpaying 50% for 20% of performance

• Year 2000 + 15
    Overpaying 50% for 20% of performance

It's even worse. On a MC server, 2133 Ram is only 3-4% better than 1600 Ram. The 20% difference is when using the integrated GPU where the Ram is used as VRam.

But i just looked into the current prices: The faster ram is only ~20% more expensive. And calculated on the whole system it's like 5%. So 3% more performance for 5% more cost is somehow ok. Having a 20% Speedup when using the Integrated GPU even means fast Ram is a must...

• I'm kinda new here, and maybe someone already asked this (or I'm being really stupid), but let me ask this:
    You seems to have a lot of good ideas to optimize Minecraft, but there a lot of things that you can't change. Do you have thought about starting your own game?

I mean, I am currently playing a lot of 7 days to die (incredible game, best sandbox I've played, but i'm always wondering how would be nice to have gregtech machines there), Space engineers (great physics and kinda nice automation, just miss IA enemies to shoot at and a real survival mode), and they all are sandboxes games inspired by minecraft.

So why not a Gregcraft? Anyone? I would gladly help your Kickstarter. Could be even a copy from minecraft + gregtech optimized thing, I wouldn't care.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Drawfox ().

• The Last time I talked about the Fusion is already a few months ago.
    So id like to ask if it is planned to have a Fusion or Fission Reactor (from gregtech of course, dont come with reika slame reactors ;) [no offense here]) in GT5 for 1.7.10 or if thats not even on a future/feature list :)
    Id really like to see that, even if its just the old GT4 Reactor (which I really liked :D) but as far as my thoughts go, greg will probably make it diffrend and better hihi :) --> that of course only if thats planned :)

hope that question is not going on someones nerves :) and if so....well not my problem ;D

So id like to ask if it is planned to have a Fusion or Fission Reactor (from gregtech of course, dont come with reika slame reactors ;) [no offense here]) in GT5 for 1.7.10 or if thats not even on a future/feature list :)
    Id really like to see that, even if its just the old GT4 Reactor (which I really liked :D) but as far as my thoughts go, greg will probably make it diffrend and better hihi :) --> that of course only if thats planned :)

hope that question is not going on someones nerves :) and if so....well not my problem ;D

Open the Gregtech.jar with zip programm and look at: gregtech.common.tileentities.machines.multi ;)

Am I the only one who thought... The thing made no sense at all ? 40K EU out of sweet nothing ? Made almost entirely of chrome... ? Gotten from rubies... Gotten from RS... Gotten from... Netherrack !? I agree I hope something along those lines come out for 1.7.10... Bringing the end-game GT deserves, but I think bringing back the 1.6 Fusion Reactor wouldn't be too good... I feel GT is A LOT more polished in 1.7, and having such a thing would... Sorta break it. The mechanics of it were nice though. I say rarer fuel and less machines to produce it. More expensive main block and similar mechanics. That would please me a lot.

Just my opinion.

EDIT : ... Punctuation... Never been good at it. Say half not good at punctuation... Say half not good at punctuation, half not good at grammar, and half not good at fractions... (...)

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Blood Asp
    About on board GPU, running server headless will mostly negate problems with having to allocate a VRAM, but that requires for you to use Linux, and disable any video interactions and only control server through SSH.
    This can easily solve problems with it. Even if VRAM does get allocated, computer will not perform any actions on it, as there are no video display device present.
    Drawfox
    About making GregTech game. Quite unfortunately I do not believe that Greg have enough expertise to make his own game yet. This will take more time, and as he is a student, he only have limited amount of time to allocate to his mod making hobbies, wheres game making is completely different beast to just modding, as you will lack any basic functionality currently present in forge and minecraft.
    And remaking GregTech in Unity for example would be laughable, something of that complexity needs to be optimized till the last byte, which is simply impossible in Unity. Since you cannot do native codding easily or thread it with any kind of ease.
    And getting enough expertise knowledge to make a new game will take awhile, which will definitely take away from his studies. Ones he finish them, then that’s a different topic.

Though I do belive we all would enjoy having GregTech presented as stand alone game, this won't be the case for quite a while indeed.
    Currently closest thing in the works is Minia by Eloraam, as she dropped modding in favour of making her own game(From her own words, she didn't enjoy Microsoft purchasing Mojang and MineCraft with it, so she decided to stop supporting it). Which might become something interesting. Considering Eloraam showed quite a competence with programming and coming up with original ideas(Which have been ripped of, but that's not a bad thing, just filling a void of RedPower2less world).
    And about Eloraam stoping support for her RP2, is understandable as she is a fellow Linux user, and anything related to Microsoft seems like a bad thing.