[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Can't clear the 'circuitry burned out' from the blast furnace. Previous answers say to use duct tape, but making duct tape is a 64volt event, and i need the blast furnace to make an MV assembler.

• CESU-->transformer 2 meters of 4x tin cable should provide the 120 right? Only thing I can think of is I'm somehow losing more than 8 eu/t.

• Use 2 CESU and 2 transformers, also 3 LV energy hatches.

You're losing more than 8 EU/t there on transmission losses.
    The transformer will lose 4 EU/t, each cable meter will lose 4 EU/t (2 cables with 4A). Total of 12 EU/t loss there.

• Hmm, that also means I need a fifth turbine if I want to run it more than a couple at a time doesn't it?

I do not have the steam for that :(

• You'll want to jump to MV right away. A single MV energy hatch should be enough for the first tier of EBF recipes but the loss is much lower. The casings should be cheap compared to other things.

• Hello,

I guess it's a stupid question, but I can't find the answer, how to remove cable and wire, I try every tool I have and it's always broke the wire with nothing left.

Thanks all

• Hello,

I guess it's a stupid question, but I can't find the answer, how to remove cable and wire, I try every tool I have and it's always broke the wire with nothing left.

Thanks all

The Gregtech Wire Cutter cuts GT wires. You can't use the IC2 cutter, only GT.

• You'll want to jump to MV right away. A single MV energy hatch should be enough for the first tier of EBF recipes but the loss is much lower. The casings should be cheap compared to other things.

This is actually incorrect advice. MV energy sources are substantially less efficient than LV energy sources, and if you're going to try to transform LV up to MV, you have to deal with transformer loss and either cable loss or really awkward construction. Additionally, you have less of a safety margin on your energy source, if your generators run low on fuel. If you in stead power an EBF with 3 LV hatches, the construction can be much smoother, more compact or more fuel efficient, and have a safety margin against running out of generator fuel.

Also, the 'loss is much lower' is just straight up false for this. That statement only applies to transmitting energy over long distances.

• To add to that: If you have MV due to transforming over distances, then use MV for the EBF, but if you have only LV Generators attached directly to the EBF, then use LV for more efficiency.

• I have an automation and engineering inquiry. So, I have a gigantic box full of dusts for the electrolyzer. Problem is, there isn't /enough/ of any of these dusts to.. well.. electrolyze. Now there's a lot- 44 stacks, to be precise- is there any way anyone can devise that's semi-reasonable that will let me just dump in electrolyzer-only dusts, and only dispense proper amounts to electrolyze as needed, without gumming up?

Second, is there a way to do the same, but for nuggets/tiny/small piles of dust into large piles? I'll sort them myself after they're reconstituted into large piles (IE, send them to wherever they go next) but it is such a Carpal Tunnel causer to manage it all myself.

I've managed a few half-assed stop-gap measures but they generally only handle 1 or 2 dusts at a time, not the whopping quantity I regularly deal with. I wouldn't mind having to have, say, 2-4 electrolyzers , but I can't have one for every thing there is to electrolyze!

So if you have any ideas or suggestions to begin an automation for this then, by all means, share!

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I have an automation and engineering inquiry. So, I have a gigantic box full of dusts for the electrolyzer. Problem is, there isn't /enough/ of any of these dusts to.. well.. electrolyze. Now there's a lot- 44 stacks, to be precise- is there any way anyone can devise that's semi-reasonable that will let me just dump in electrolyzer-only dusts, and only dispense proper amounts to electrolyze as needed, without gumming up?

The regulator was created specifically for this task. You can tell it to sort up to 9 items with different amounts to be inserted in X slot of a machine. Best automation block ever for electrolyzer and centrifuge.

Second, is there a way to do the same, but for nuggets/tiny/small piles of dust into large piles? I'll sort them myself after they're reconstituted into large piles (IE, send them to wherever they go next) but it is such a Carpal Tunnel causer to manage it all myself.

The type sorter and (super) buffer are the blocks you're looking for.

The type sorter will sort incoming items by oredict prefix, like nugget, smalldust, tinydust, ore, whatever.
    The (super) buffer allows you to set to output items with stacksize 9 (or 4) {screwdrive the output face of it}, somewhat similar to a regulator, but not as flexible.

• I have nothing to do with my magagical dragon eggamathingie. I also lured the dragon away, killed him and saved all but one of ender crystals. Ideas?

Trying to get naquadah. Enabled under world gen: B:ore.mix.naquadah_false=true. Under mix, naquadah: B:TheEnd_true=true. Anything else?

I love the new ore generation and all the new ores. This website has become my new daily routine.

Thanks Greg!!

• This is actually incorrect advice. MV energy sources are substantially less efficient than LV energy sources, and if you're going to try to transform LV up to MV, you have to deal with transformer loss and either cable loss or really awkward construction. Additionally, you have less of a safety margin on your energy source, if your generators run low on fuel. If you in stead power an EBF with 3 LV hatches, the construction can be much smoother, more compact or more fuel efficient, and have a safety margin against running out of generator fuel.

Also, the 'loss is much lower' is just straight up false for this. That statement only applies to transmitting energy over long distances.

The biggest loss in efficiency comes from jumping up a voltage tier because even though it's 50% faster it's also takes 100% more energy. Since the base EBF recipes run at MV I see no reason why there would be a large loss in efficiency by going to an MV energy hatch right away (the lower efficiency MV generators doesn't matter since I don't think it's even possible to craft those before the EBF). What's the loss on the transformers anyway? Couldn't find any solid numbers and haven't playtested them. I haven't noticed significant loss either however.

Also to clarify my statement on loss: the 4x LV energy hatches need a certain amount of cable and at that voltage level the total power lost per block adds up very fast. If you can have a single MV block then the transformer loss is likely less than the cable loss.