[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• which greg version? did you read the text alpha on top of the thread? the current version doesn't have machines in it, well at least not the one i have

• The first Armor i'm currently working on will be non electrical, early game and will only work with Plates of all materials. So the look should somehow show it's put together from Armorplates, but i do not really expect a certain look so surpise me.

Once i finish the base work, i will follow up with more advanced armors.

I'll take 20.
    ETA on mod release? 'Cuz I want it. All of it. Yesterday.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Which material are you using to craft it? Its like kewlar armor with plates inserted into it?

The basic one likely with leather and iron rings. So an leather armor where plates are fixed on with iron. How about a post apocalyptic look? Modern materials rusted and poorly put together?
    Whould 32x32 icons easier to make?

The next tiers whould likely be something like:
    MKI "Exoskeleton" Iron Rods with servos and wires and metal plates fixed on it.
    MKII "Crysis like nanosuit" So a look close to the IC2 nanosuit.
    MKIII " Warhammer 40k alike PowerArmor" Massive Tankarmor with all sorts of stuff build in.

I'll take 20.
    ETA on mod release? 'Cuz I want it. All of it. Yesterday.

I plan to make a first test version on the weekend. It will be really alpha and not recommended to add to packs, but i need testers. ;)
    There is also some other stuff besides the armor i will add as soon Greg readds the groundwork needed for it. Remember the fluid tanks i posted a few months ago? :D

• Hey ho, Im probably not 100% right here, but I don't really know a better place to ask :)
    So I basically started to get into modding (for our modapck) I don't want to make anything fancy, but as you all know Minetweaker and Modtweaker are something that is pretty nice to have for a cutom modpack and my goal is to add some more "crafting handlers" like the Gregtech extruder and things along those lines for Minetweaker to use. But I can't find any decent info on how to write a custom recipe handler like the QED from Extra Utilities or the Replicator from Gregtech. Also I have no idea on how to use an API properbly, I can add it, but using it is another story. So my question would be If someone knows a good tutorial (maybe with some pieces or a video, can be everything ) where I can learn more than jus thte basics like adidng items/blocks/textures and more than just furnace Gui so a bit more advanced, I have no idea where I can learn somehting like that.

Where did you guys learn how to make a mod? Anything could be useful :)
    Im glad about every piece of information I can get (I tried decompiling minetweaker and modtweaker, but damn that looks complicated for someone with just the basic understanding, so I want to first learn how to do some crafting handlers and that kind of stuff like using api's before I attempt to make my mod)

Now that I have the basic understanding of modding, mods like Gregtech and Rotarycraft are some pretty amazing things and I can see why things take their time :thumbsup: Im pretty impressed now that I know a bit about the efford it takes.

Thanks for atleast reading this ;)

• Well, first you need to know Java.

The best tutorial for basics of Minecraft modding i know are Pahimars Lets Mod Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playli…vwmnZlgvbHCbz6TefIgeEiVcj
    The Tutorial only covers the basics, but really detailed and explain why you need to do stuff.

After that, i whould suggest to go through open source mods and look how they did stuff.
    Once you know how to write a mod that adds normal crafting recipes and how to use APIs, adding recipes to machines from other mods should be as easy as with minetweaker.

• The first thing im doing is getting familiar with the java basics I guess :) and when Im done with thta im gonna think about a open source mod or I might look into Gregtech :P If its too confusing , I can still search for something more easy, but first things first I guess :D
    (the only things I can do atm are bash and html and im pretty good at thinking logically so yeah lets see what I can do )
    Thanks again :)

Edit : I really need to stop using so many smiley's