[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Everything put inside the boxes will be burned without mercy.. Does that mean it'll simply void some items (for example if I accidently right click it with my sword, will it eat it?) or what?

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• i think there was a post a littlebit earlier (of Greg) stating that everything will get burned, as long as it is burnable/a valid fuel.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Things I would like to see, but probably won't:

Geothermal Energy/Geysers. Much like Buildcraft's oil and water springs, this is a bedrock imbedded block with a hole straight to the surface above it. It will emit a block of steam gas periodically to make it's presence known but not create too much lag, and the output of steam in mb/s is random, from say 1 to 64,000 every 20 ticks (1 second). They'd be rare, occuring only in certain biomes, most commonly Tundra and less commonly in forests and plains, and never in swamps, ocean, beaches, or deserts. Steam is harvested directly as steam by running a pipe all the way down to the geyser, which will deposit the steam only into a pipe directly above it. Thus making geothermal a 'green' renewable source of energy, but a very limited, situational one with a high initial build cost. You know, like real-life.

Oil, with Cracking. It would be nice to see Buildcraft and PFAA's oils replaced with a Greg'd out oil deposit. For realism I figure it would spawn like his ore does: Massive vein deposits which are mostly linked so that a fluid pump can suck most of it up. It should probably be generated as a last feature and have some sort of sanity check to keep it from frequently spawning in lava or chasms and such, like Buildcraft and PFAA constantly do, and the massive resultant laggy death.
    Also included would be methane, also pumpable, and on top of the oil. Again, like real life (though also possible to be independant of oil).
    Cracking the oil could work by using either a chipped chemical reactor to get a 2:1 ratio of output for the 4 main byproducts, but a chemical distillation tower would be a multiblock with multiple fluid output pipes. It would consume 1,000mB of oil and 500mB of water, and output 300mB of methane, 250mB of Sulfuric Acid, 500 mB of Fuel, 200 mB of Heavy Oil, and 250mB of grey water (a waste product/pollution). The Heavy Oil can then be processed in a distillery into solid fuel 2:1, or in a chemical reactor with chlorine 1:1 ratio to produce 1 ingot of plastic powder. Solid Fuel having slightly better energy density than coal coke. The process at 32v would take 15 minutes per run at 540,000 EU total. Note how this removes gylceryl as a byproduct, thus requiring outside sources (perhaps biological? We get glycerine from vegetable oil IRL)

Multiple types of fuel octane ratings. Like IRL, a higher octane will contain more energy density but require different temperatures to combust fully, thus the max temperature of the energy device using it would matter. IE, Hydrogen combusts at basically any realistic temperature and enthalpy for combustion is -298 kJ mol-1. Methane combusts at 85.1 K and enthalpy is -889 mJ mol-1. Ethane combusts at 138 K and enthapy is -1.56 mJ mol-1. Propane is 169 K and -2.21 mJ mol-1. Butane 213K and -2.877 mJ mol-1. Pentane 224K and -3.507 mJ mol-1. Hexane combusts at 247K, while it's enthalpy for combustion is -198 kJ mol-1. Pure octane ('100 octane gasoline/petrol') combusts at 493K and energy is -5.33 mJ mol-1. For other materials, I only have the energy release as MJ/kg or BTU/lb, but can provide if desired. You did mention heat and such being a thing you were looking into.
    These various fuels would come into place instead of the simpler oil cracking above. Instead, a tower would take crude oil in, and output light, medium, and heavy oil. Light Oil would crack into methane, ethane, propane, and water. Medium oil would crack into butane, pentane, sulfuric acid, and kerosene. Heavy Oil would crack into octane (gasoline), naptha, lubricant, and coke powder.
    IRL, it's just crude oil in and the following out:
    1.92% hydrocarbon gases (methane, ethane, propane, butane, pentane, hexane)
    3.84% naptha
    3.84% octane (gasoline)
    5.76% kerosene
    7.69% diesel
    17.3% lubricant
    21.15% heavy gas oil (this is a semifluid boiler fuel that requires ~400K to combust, or can be baked into tar)
    38.46% residual oil (this is heated to 755K to further crack into naptha, gasoline, and heavy gas oil at roughly a 2:5:9 ratio)
    So if the above is possible then you could just do that. If you can make a multiblock with 8 or more outputs, ideally 13... can you even?

Note: I was using Sulfuric Acid as an analogue for Naptha. It just fits somehow.

If Greg isn't interested then maybe GTExtras would be?

Edit: OH! Forgot to mention. Cracking towers generally operate at 875K or so at the bottom and 290K at the top.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by axlegear ().

• The Oil industry including most of the points is planned in GTExtras. I plan to start working on it once there is an example multiblock for GT6. Some of the stuff will be nesseary to make certains chemicals and different plastics i want to include into the techtree somehow.

• I know sulfuric acid is a byproduct of oil processing, but i'm having a hard time determining exactly /what/ part. So maybe 14 outputs? I'm thinking it's produced outside of the actual cracking process, however.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• After the destillation the fuel products contain a small amount of sulfur. That sulfur whould damage motors and catalysts when burning the fuel, so it is cleaned. Most processes to remove it, turn it into sulfuric acid. The volume of that is small against the amount of oild processed 1% maybe. Its only so well known since it is quite annoying to handle.

• Natural gas is a big source of energy, so I really want to see it. Geothermal is rare but, where available, it's fantastic. Just ask Ireland.

Quoted from "zorn":

• There is a thread for GT suggestions, btw.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Why does GregTech still require IC2 as dependency? It has gone long past that point, and can be safely made a separate, independent mod, i guess.

• Greg, just to be a dick you should require that the burning box be manually lit with a lighter to get started, and then later add a way to automate lighting the burning box :D

• Why does GregTech still require IC2 as dependency? It has gone long past that point, and can be safely made a separate, independent mod, i guess.

Because now in GT6 it returns to IC2 back. It will use same concepts for kinetic/heat energies and so....
    And....we all like IC2
    If GT was stable, all IC2 noobs would replace it with some other poor mods, which we dont want to see. If you have GT, you have t oplay properly.

• sigh. here we go again. so got muh of the incompatibilities out of my custom pack. saw awesomeness that is item physics mod, added +1 to pack, decided suure shaders sound nice, who doesnt like dat water reflection and real shadows. loaded up mah client and my computer was like NOPE.jpg 5-6fps. really? even with otifine. on my 8core 5ghz rig with 32 gigs of ram. lol dat shaders.

after finally figuring out how to prevent inter-mod recipe breaking with gretech/unification.cfg (trolling forum post for a while. fun stuff) and making rotarycraft HSLA steel not turn into gregtech HSLA steel, now gregtech HSLA steel turns into rotary craft HSLA steel? wot? i mean yeah it still works in recipes for GT, if you change rotarycraft.cfg flag "allow RC steel to work with other mods" to true. but WTHeven makes GT HSLA steel reverse unify into rotarycraft steel? wot wot? maybe im just a stickler for the astetics but frankly i like GT HSLA steel cause it looks like steel whereas RC steel looks like shiny aluminium. shame reika hard coded his recipes for incompatibility.

so my real question is, what other mods do you guys know of that require a specific item for crafting that GT unifies? cause crrently the debug proccess is change config, wait 5 minutes for MC to load, play for a while, notice a recipe wont work cause mod A doesnt like mod B, stop server rinse repeat. any input would be much appreciated.

• sigh. here we go again. so got muh of the incompatibilities out of my custom pack. saw awesomeness that is item physics mod, added +1 to pack, decided suure shaders sound nice, who doesnt like dat water reflection and real shadows. loaded up mah client and my computer was like NOPE.jpg 5-6fps. really? even with otifine. on my 8core 5ghz rig with 32 gigs of ram. lol dat shaders.

after finally figuring out how to prevent inter-mod recipe breaking with gretech/unification.cfg (trolling forum post for a while. fun stuff) and making rotarycraft HSLA steel not turn into gregtech HSLA steel, now gregtech HSLA steel turns into rotary craft HSLA steel? wot? i mean yeah it still works in recipes for GT, if you change rotarycraft.cfg flag "allow RC steel to work with other mods" to true. but WTHeven makes GT HSLA steel reverse unify into rotarycraft steel? wot wot? maybe im just a stickler for the astetics but frankly i like GT HSLA steel cause it looks like steel whereas RC steel looks like shiny aluminium. shame reika hard coded his recipes for incompatibility.

so my real question is, what other mods do you guys know of that require a specific item for crafting that GT unifies? cause crrently the debug proccess is change config, wait 5 minutes for MC to load, play for a while, notice a recipe wont work cause mod A doesnt like mod B, stop server rinse repeat. any input would be much appreciated.

Just use MineTweaker to adjust all your recipes. You can reload the scripts with a single command without restarting everything, even on a server.