[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Note Fastcraft isn't the only mod which detects Optifine. Tinkers is open source and can detect mods, including Optifine. This is a screenshot of a screenshot from Reika's website showing how Tinkers detects his core mod and logs it: http://prntscr.com/6gjdfn
    god those guys are such dicks, denying every single good technical mod

• I like TiCon's log : "Entering Greggy waters! Abandon!"

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• I have yet to see a mod which was not ruined when the owner decided to go with patreon, but I wish you luck Greg. You were quite fun the last few years and the Gregtech became somewhat the only way to play minecraft for me. If I had money, I propably would have donated.

• GT6 requires Forge-1263, but which version of forge is actually needed for GT5?

1263 is the newest / last version that will work correctly for either GT5 or GT6. I usually use 1230. As for *minimum* version? Don't know, 1217 maybe?

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, that skin change :o Greg, will you use this Robotnik like skin for ever ? :P

very robotnik at least :thumbsup:

PS : When did you changed it, and did you drawed it ?

• It impossible to play... Rendering is too poor: https://imgur.com/a/evzHu
    Varsions
    1. GT 6.00.14
    2. Forge 1307. (i suppose 1263 is too old to use it, a lot of mods updated to a forge 1291+ and there are no such graphical issues with rendering in them).
    3. And i disabled Texture pack and Optifine - nothing changed.

• 1263 is the newest / last version that will work correctly for either GT5 or GT6. I usually use 1230. As for *minimum* version? Don't know, 1217 maybe?

How do you think, will it work with 1236? It's the latest cauldron version available that is less that 1263...

• I have yet to see a mod which was not ruined when the owner decided to go with patreon

Thaumcraft is one of those non-ruined ones. I did look at some other well known Modders in order to find out if Patreon would be a viable solution. And you may have seen, that I did not do the "Pay X to get suggested thing into GT"-Button.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, that skin change :o Greg, will you use this Robotnik like skin for ever ? :P

very robotnik at least :thumbsup:

PS : When did you changed it, and did you drawed it ?

Do you mean the Profile Pic or my Minecraft Skin? I made both of them myself. You may see it at the Gradients used in the Profile Picture. The Logo itself is btw the same one as the one on my own Cape, and the one on the GT Credits.

DarkForce : Try updating. But keep Optifine out until 6.00.15.

• Thaumcraft is one of those non-ruined ones. I did look at some other well known Modders in order to find out if Patreon would be a viable solution. And you may have seen, that I did not do the "Pay X to get suggested thing into GT"-Button.

Sure, and that's why I am still having hopes ;)
    we await glorious development, as always.

• Test Results 6.00.15:

First of all to prevent cross-mod issues I prepared a "minimal setup" with only these mods (Forge 1263):

I decided to leave out OptiFine in the first run, just for testing purposes.
    The intersting thing about the first run without OptiFine is this: https://i.imgur.com/uffYi6J.png (No flickers, the textures of GT blocks are perfectly alpha blended).
    Yes, white transparency boxes, without OptiFine.

Then I threw OF back in, with these results: https://i.imgur.com/fBgjz6q.gif The white transparency boxes are gone, however alpha blending does not work correctly (Everything is flickering like crazy & the burning box sometimes looses it's copper plate texture).

So there is no need in disabling stuff with OptiFine installed, I guess there must be something within the the GT alpha hook.

It must be annoying to fix such graphic things when there is an awesome new GT version, just waiting to be developed.

• Greglorious development:) Greg is master of copypasta, so after first machines it will go up quickly, for sure :)
    Greg, if you lack fnances, you can move to Czech republic, here it is cheaper than in Germany :) :P And yet close home :P

• The worst thing is, that it might be a problem with your graphics driver or your opengl or something (hence why there are/were multiple versions of optifine). Because I personally don't have any Issues with Rendering on my Computer.

Greglorious development:) Greg is master of copypasta, so after first machines it will go up quickly, for sure :)
    Greg, if you lack fnances, you can move to Czech republic, here it is cheaper than in Germany :) :P And yet close home :P

While that Area is indeed very close to where I live (so close my parents do grocery shopping there sometimes), moving out of Germany would be too much of a hassle in order to live in a country where I don't even speak their Language.

• The worst thing is, that it might be a problem with your graphics driver or your opengl or something (hence why there are/were multiple versions of optifine). Because I personally don't have any Issues with Rendering on my Computer.

That would be very strange (and sad ;(), because GT6 (yes, not MC/any other GT version as it always worked perfectly) would be the first thing EVER which would have issues with my graphic driver... (GTX 670 with latest NVIDIA Drivers)
    I'm going to investigate later today, I need to get some work done first (Abitur in about 5 Days :S). I'll then try to tweak some NVIDIA settings related to the javaw process, mabe something will help.

I'm going to blame you relying on some default which works on your system, but is different for other people. Make sure you set the correct blend equation everywhere, and I do mean everywhere.

• I have one probably last Idea how to fix it. Maybe that works.

And my way of implementing that hook is "Enable Blending, Set Alpha Func to > 1.0F, Render all my Stuff, tell the tesselator to draw because otherwise blending doesn't work, Disable Blending", this is why I have no Idea why it doesn't work. Now I try restoring the Tesselator State in order to see if that works.

• Are you really red haired Greg or it's just on the profile picture, lol ^.^

• It impossible to play... Rendering is too poor: https://imgur.com/a/evzHu
    Varsions
    1. GT 6.00.14
    2. Forge 1307. (i suppose 1263 is too old to use it, a lot of mods updated to a forge 1291+ and there are no such graphical issues with rendering in them).
    3. And i disabled Texture pack and Optifine - nothing changed.

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait, didn't i hear like tne thousand times that GT was supposed to be used with forge 1263 or earlier, and that there would otherwise be no support?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.