[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I think I have a config issue causing a lot of railcraft blocks to be uncraftable. If I disable GT then they all become craftable again. I am using the last version of GT5 and railcraft. The blocks can be cheated in and work fine. I do not see any config options setting these blocks to false. If anyone could point me in the direction of what might be causing these missing recipes or if it was intended that would be much appreciated.

This is the list of crafting recipes missing: Steam oven, engraving bench, rock crusher, feed station, trade station, smoker, steel tank gauge, steel tank valve, solid and liquid fueled fireboxes, void chest, metals chest, infernal brick, sandy brick.

• Clearly, your opinion is superior, and going over to insults proves your point even further.

Only oldfags play gt now.

Isn't "oldfags" an insult to prove your point even further?

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nexey_ ().

• Isn't "oldfags" an insult to prove your point even further?

Well, no, actually not. I still play GT. I forgot that this term is not really applicable on that part of the internet.

ANd yeah, about apples and oranges you are propably right. But, well, you know, if the mod author of the apples decides to go full oranges, one can still hope for having at least a bit of apple influence on oranges.

• I think I have a config issue causing a lot of railcraft blocks to be uncraftable. If I disable GT then they all become craftable again. I am using the last version of GT5 and railcraft. The blocks can be cheated in and work fine. I do not see any config options setting these blocks to false. If anyone could point me in the direction of what might be causing these missing recipes or if it was intended that would be much appreciated.

This is the list of crafting recipes missing: Steam oven, engraving bench, rock crusher, feed station, trade station, smoker, steel tank gauge, steel tank valve, solid and liquid fueled fireboxes, void chest, metals chest, infernal brick, sandy brick.

Railcraft changed naming to the better one and GT did not catched up in GT5...(and wont do it since the only GT6 is in progress)

The solution is to use minetweaker and manually add the recipes.
    Here are some from my script, so you know how to do it:

• Personally I would like 16-bit rgba, 4-bits per value. Or 3-bits per, gives 4-bits leftover then...

Edit: Would be nice to paint a layer of white first to not let the normal machine color show through by not mixing its vertex color value in, there is a use for a bit. ;-)

So that the Alpha just says how much to mix the Default Machine Color and the Painted Color? I think that might be a bit too much. ;)

And who said I am never going to add a 24 Bit Brush myself? I never denied the possibility of that. I only denied the possibility of OpenBlocks current System due to lack of ways to make it compatible.

• Greg you forgot to add the troll face back in GT5 and GT6...Everything displayed in Missing Texture...

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• GregTech 4 and GregTech 5/6 are more or less completely different mods; comparing them is stupid.

Why would that stop us from comparing them?
    if you say it's because you shouldn't compare apples with bananas why shouldn't we?
    they are both still things so we can compare a thing to one and another :P

• I've installed gt6 1.7.10-6.00.23 + ic2e 2-2.2.696. I have troble. GT bans forge hammer, which is used to craft item casing (iron, tin, bronze, gold etc). And there are noе item casing recieps, includs gt hammer. When i played mc 1.6.4, banning forge hammer doenst cause any problem, becouse i could use hammer to craft item casing. So how to craft item casing now?

Have you ever read the Q/A? It states you have to read the 2 past pages at least to see if your question was already answered or asked. Now it depends on greg to ban you or not since I asked this a few days ago for the 0.25 release.
    Anyway, if you would have read the OP, it states that gt is the most unfinished mod and greg implements things when he wants at random times, and we can ask him to make him implement things but not in the "are we there yet? -No -Are we there yet? -No -Are we there yet? -STFU". And your post obviously follows that principe since I've already asked it. It depends again on greg to ban you or not.
    Though, as I'm not a complete A-hole, I'll let you read the op part named "A note to the people who point out seemingly incomplete things", that should help you finding why asking "why is this not there yet" is not the proper way to ask things, whereas asking for something (as long as you're not asking for a release BUT something to be implemented in a release) doesn't break GT's rules.
    That was your 8th post, I have to admit this was a noob crime, that doesn't prevent you from RTFM.
    Btw, if you still haven't a single clue about what I wrote, GT6 is very wip and pointing out things as you did isn't the way to go, but with a little bit of reflection you could have found out that if you can't craft item casings, than there's no recipes for them, as simple is that. They'll come later

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• I can't find any of the Gregtech machines in NEI. I'm using (the latest?) version "gregtech_1.7.10-6.00.24". All ores, blocks, ingots, tool parts etc. show up, but not a single tileentity. The ores & items generate, drop and work in a vanilla crucible just fine.

The log files:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ln…AEIupc7prrqx7IC82Hma?dl=0

It's a shame I can't play right now, I hope this gets fixed soon :).

Holy shit, another person can't read that GT6 is a very early alpha rewrite and most machines are gone.
    There's only three machines right now, burning box, boiler, and steam engine.

• It's the new copper cables don't melt at >32EU/t halp.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• There's a joke in there that you didn't dig up. If you want to get technical, the thermal energy of a substance is usually the resting burn, and almost any flammable substance can push out much more heat than that. You can melt copper with sawdust if you really want, but you're gonna need a lot.
    ---------------
    Greg, when you play a sound at x,y,z, add 0.5 to each of the location variables so the sound plays in the center of the block. Otherwise if you're standing directly in front of a block with headphones on, it will always come out of one ear only, since it is playing in the corner of the block right now.

I did this by putting the playSound in my proxy and adding the 0.5 there, so I can call it later and just send it a location without shifting it over every time.

Code
    1. public void playSound(World world, float x, float y, float z, String soundName, float volume, float pitch) {
    2. world.playSoundEffect(x+ 0.5, y+ 0.5, z+ 0.5, soundName, volume, pitch);
    3. }

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zerrens ().

• There's a joke in there that you didn't dig up. If you want to get technical, the thermal energy of a substance is usually the resting burn, and almost any flammable substance can push out much more heat than that. You can melt copper with sawdust if you really want, but you're gonna need a lot.
    ---------------
    Greg, when you play a sound at x,y,z, add 0.5 to each of the location variables so the sound plays in the center of the block. Otherwise if you're standing directly in front of a block with headphones on, it will always come out of one ear only, since it is playing in the corner of the block right now.

I did this by putting the playSound in my proxy and adding the 0.5 there, so I can call it later and just send it a location without shifting it over every time.

Code
    1. public void playSound(World world, float x, float y, float z, String soundName, float volume, float pitch) {
    2. world.playSoundEffect(x+ 0.5, y+ 0.5, z+ 0.5, soundName, volume, pitch);
    3. }

I told Greg about that in GT4, is it still not fixed? ;-)

• If you really want sound from the center of blocks in all cases, you should Math.floor() each axis before adding 0.5

Code
    2. world.playSoundEffect(Math.floor(x)+ 0.5, Math.floor(y)+ 0.5, Math.floor(z)+ 0.5, soundName, volume, pitch);
    3. }
  • It WAS fixed, but then people complained about things not working with Sound Mods, so I "fixed" it back, so people complain about Issues, which shouldn't even be noticeable at all. And why do you hear things only on one earplug just because the Coordinate is less than a Meter into another direction?

Also isn't floor(x) for getting Block Coordinates from Entity (and similar) Coordinates? Because my System works with int Coordinates of Blocks directly and not double Coordinates.

• Jet fuel can't melt copper cables

The good old 911 reference. You know what's worse thna 911? 911 times 2356! Or was it 2536? 2635 and 2653 could also have been the thing... I watched Team America, World Police 9 Hours ago.

Also Greg, you do models now? The steam engine looks great. GT was missing some visual polish and that's what it needed.

What? Are you surprised? Weren't the Pipes back then also non-Full-Block Models?