[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I've got the old GT4 wiki pages in a zip, but the wiki itself has been deleted.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It'll need completely re-writting formatting wise, and all the recipes are missing. Guess it's still a start

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• I was actually wondering whether or not it would be possible to just wholesale import those old pages to the FTB wiki, rename a few pages, slap a {{GTCW}} template call onto them, and work from there.

• A mod called "vanilla" and it even does not fully disable it, leaving emeralds on because of technical reasons.

However GregTech works as a supply of several different materials, working as a great replacement for common ores like copper, tin, lead, uranium...

• A mod called "vanilla" and it even does not fully disable it, leaving emeralds on because of technical reasons.

However GregTech ores supply of several different materials, working as a great replacement for common ores like copper, tin, lead, uranium...

• I know that..... I know that COFH's oregeneration isn't stopped. Let's say that i clear the files for COFH's oregen file. Will that stop it?

• The only 'mod' that GregTech ore generation explicitly overrides is vanilla unmodified Minecraft ore generation. No other mods' ore generation is affected. Other mods' ore generation must be manually shut down via those mods own config files.

The only other mod that GregTech ore generation interacts with is Custom Ore Generation, and in that case GT ore generation shuts itself down, and lets COG do it all.

• Removing COFH core would also involve removing all the mods that need it (TE, TF, MFR etc.), disabling COFH core from modifying ore generation would be best.

I see this too much.

• I don't think that this will happen, even though it would be awesome.
    It is just way to much work for somebody who doesnt know the code very well. Also porting a mod from 1.4.7 to 1.7.10 is probably going to be nearly impossible (from my understanding you would probably be better of with just remaking the mod instead of porting it) I dont talk from experience, I just looked into writing a mod a few weeks ago and tried to just get access to the raw code but even then I get tons of errors (I think greg has his src somewhere but I dont actually know how you would work with that and how easy or hard that is. So I think that either nobody will take that on or if he does that it would take a long time. Remember I dont have much experience so i could be wrong there.

But I dont want to disencurage anyone! I would really like someone to port/rewrite it because for meGT4 is still the best (for me) GT out there. My problem is just that the current GT 5 has no end game at all(atleast non for my liking/understanding of end-game) and the current GT6 is still in very early development.
    Just my two cents though ;)
    So if someone is going to do it I would like to know about it hehe

• GT4 was for 1.6.4, so porting to 1.7.10 would be easier in many ways than porting GT2 (1.4.7) or GT3 (1.5.2).

I see this too much.

• Gregtech changed my ender block and now it won't work in Big Reactors. I found config for dust and ingot, but not block. Any ideas?

• @Invicible92
    We are really, by really I mean REALLY far from the main purpose of this thread. And the main use of a thread is to discuss about the mod itself.
    Nonetheless, the thaumometer should require some rose gold in order to be made, and the sacrificial orb / knife some stainless steel. The first TE machines should require some kanthal, and the world interaction upgrade would need a tungsten grinding head (can't recall the exact name, the thing used when making macerators). You should also disable infinite water in the config, and make sure the everfull urn (or whatever it's called) can't be crafted until a long period of time.
    Railcraft should be in the vanilla age alongside crops. You'll need a ton of slime balls and iron to make water tanks. You can put wooden pipes to transfer the water from one water tank from the bottom to the top of another tank (yes you would need to stack them in the sky). I see TiCon, you should disable the wood to charcoal in a furnace, hence you will need a gazillion coke ovens but you wouldn't be able to randomly chop down trees with a smelting lumber axe. TE's ducts need to be harder to get than just 2 copper ingots and one piece of glass (idk if it's still the same in 1.7.10), so they would require some GT pipes (like a big brass pipe) surrounded by gears, some redstone and some glass. Well that's all the ideas I have.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded