[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Your Link fucked up my Quotes. And where the hell is your Config Folder? Did you make the Root to a Config Folder or what? This only happens when it cannot get the Parent Directiory of the Config Folder.

And that Link did so too... This is an Error of Thaumcraft itself somewhere, maybe try only IC², GT and TC in a Setup to see if it still happens.

Oh great now you got me to the conclusion that Villagers are the Jewish Stereotype with their Money and their Noses, damnit!

You say it as if it would be something bad :D

• Hey! I'M JEWISH! >:/

Also, I was just recently talking about how a lot of the other modders in the MC community just make a thinly veiled cheathack and call it a tech or magic mod with no real effort or challenge or story, and lazy haphazard code scavenged from their contemporaries. We spent a lot of time discussing mDiyo as a repeat example because he seemed to do literally everything wrong at least once, but CovertJaguar and his obsession with including APIs, especially outdated ones for mods that specifically demand you not do that, and the endless problems it causes- and the enormous amount of stress it causes players and other modders because of the crashes and errors being reported after they add a new mod, which gets unfairly blamed for breaking MC, just because they've always had Railcraft and that's why they can't actually install anything else and have it work. Etc. etc.
    The conversation between the group went on for many hours but that was the take-away is that most modders are lazy and not actually very interested, if at all, in improving the reliability, speed, performance, or creating their own methodology of behavior relative to their mod, they prefer to just copypasta rather than innovate, while a few mods came up as examples that actually try, like Thaumcraft*, IC2, and Gregtech. After further discussion it basically became unanimous. "Like it or hate it, Gregtech is a damn finely coded mod, and you would be very hard pressed to argue that it wasn't the best quality of code." Also apparently several people use it just because installing it actually improved their server's performance. Huh! Fixing Minecraft..

* = Innovate? Yes. But it's the buggest mod i've had since Tinker's Construct. We had to discontinue it's use for the server's sanity.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I'm jewish too, not like it gives one privileges or something ;)
    And don't take that stuff serious man, just jokes and stereotypes.

• Welcome to the internet here we make fun of everyone!

• "Like it or hate it, Gregtech is a damn finely coded mod, and you would be very hard pressed to argue that it wasn't the best quality of code."

I could give you a few dozen examples of "not having the best quality of code", I'm lazy too, you know. But I do try to not make the most retarded mistakes as often as others do.

Also apparently several people use it just because installing it actually improved their server's performance. Huh! Fixing Minecraft..

Are you sure you don't confuse GT with FastCraft? The only way GT prevents Lag is by adding alternative Machines which lag a bit less (or at least don't lag in a very retarded way).

* = Innovate? Yes. But it's the buggest mod i've had since Tinker's Construct. We had to discontinue it's use for the server's sanity.

oh you mean like scanning a whole 11x11x11 Area around every single Vis Relay what causes Chunks to load by accident? I don't know if that is fixed, but it should be fixed by instead just making a global List of those Crystals where each Crystal can add itself so it doesnt have to scan everything. I do that for the Mini Nether portals too. I also did that with the GT4 Tesseracts.

I'm jewish too, not like it gives one privileges or something
    And don't take that stuff serious man, just jokes and stereotypes.

I don't care what religion one is as long as it doesn't end up in unjustified violence (justified violence = anything that prevents or stops unjustified violence).

But I do like to make fun about the stereotypes themselves in a nonpersonal fashion. :D

• No, there's a fairly unanimous agreement that GT hurts performance less than almost any other mod. Certainly just *adding* some mods will cripple your system. But IC2+GT seems to have very little impact.

That said, network usage goes down with GT installed. I assume it has to do with the ore obfuscation or something. But the benchmarks don't lie!

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Your Link fucked up my Quotes. And where the hell is your Config Folder? Did you make the Root to a Config Folder or what? This only happens when it cannot get the Parent Directiory of the Config Folder.

Indeed, I should change that.

• Arty, Tinker's ones look comparatively shitty.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Tinker's IS comparatively shitty, and not just graphically. XD

Sorry, but TC will never be any more than a joke to me these days, even tho it's the mod that got me into modding.. back in the what, 1.4 days? It was okay. But man has it gotten buggy and unuseable, disruptive, destructive, and utterly awful.

Quoted from "zorn":

• It was 1.5 that it was actually Tinkers construct like we know it now. It never was totally stable from the 1.6 -> 1.7 port, and it really breaks any mod that adds tools unless those tools are even more OP/cheap.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• yeah, I got into modding way late. IC2 and GT came shortly after TC and i've been a die-hard GT fan since. Literally cannot enjoy MC without GT anymore.

Quoted from "zorn":

• It was 1.5 that it was actually Tinkers construct like we know it now. It never was totally stable from the 1.6 -> 1.7 port, and it really breaks any mod that adds tools unless those tools are even more OP/cheap.

Dartcraft is the only mod that yet can't be broken by TiCon's tools.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• A Picture of the Molds. These are 5 Steel Molds, chiseled into random Shapes.

I don't know why, but something about them seems 'off'. They seem too 'neat' if they are hand chiseled, but fine if they are machine crafted. Also it seems odd that the moulds don't have a colour difference for a shadow inside the indents of the mould. It looks about the same, which looks strange (at least to me).

• How do these molds work?
    Is there a set amount of molds like TCon or TFC or are they more freeform?
    If the former, what are the five molds in the screenshot?

• Dartcraft is the only mod that yet can't be broken by TiCon's tools.

Pretty sure Dartcraft never updated past 1.6.4 though

I see this too much.

• How do these molds work?
    Is there a set amount of molds like TCon or TFC or are they more freeform?
    If the former, what are the five molds in the screenshot?

The Molds work similar to TFCs Stone Toolhead Crafting. They have a 5x5 where you have to chisel the shape like a Crafting Recipe into it. The Shapes presented are fully disfunctional. :P

-----

Offtopic again: I have sad news for anyone interessted in a Bullet Proof Kevlar Umbrella IRL. I found out that it would be too heavy to carry one around. Sure a less Bullet Proof one would still work for thrown or dropped Projectiles and would also be a badass weapon in close combat, but it would not be Bullet Proof even against small Guns...

• The Molds work similar to TFCs Stone Toolhead Crafting. They have a 5x5 where you have to chisel the shape like a Crafting Recipe into it. The Shapes presented are fully disfunctional. :P

-----

Offtopic again: I have sad news for anyone interessted in a Bullet Proof Kevlar Umbrella IRL. I found out that it would be too heavy to carry one around. Sure a less Bullet Proof one would still work for thrown or dropped Projectiles and would also be a badass weapon in close combat, but it would not be Bullet Proof even against small Guns...

Such a device is useless for everyday carry, as in if you are getting shot at while you are in civil areas, you are propably getting shot at by a killer or a thug, from behind, without visual contact first, and in combat situations on the warfield it would be too big and unpractical to use, would immobilise the user when in usage, require immense physical power for stabilisation while getting shot at and useless against any type of explosive munitions.

My rate - :thumbdown: