[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I'm kinda glad this reference is obvious, but I've never said that Adamandium would directly provide regen. I said it would come along with a great regen potential. And that's how I confuse people all the time o/

"I never said the wrong thing, I just said it wrong to be confusing!"

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I think the unofficial changelog link in the OP is broken. Maybe it should be "http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6/Changelog"?

Edit: although I just noticed that there is a real changelog now which is pretty cool

• The unofficial version is better, since it goes back to GT 1 ;3

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Is this bad?

ls -1 GregTech.lang_*
    GregTech.lang_20150426_084944.errored
    GregTech.lang_20150428_061503.errored
    GregTech.lang_20150429_062444.errored
    GregTech.lang_20150430_062041.errored
    GregTech.lang_20150501_063532.errored
    GregTech.lang_20150502_090436.errored
    GregTech.lang_20150502_094548.errored

• That was already fixed in 6.00.31. Just remove the broken Files after you update to the fixed or a later Version.

This Problem occured because I used "\n" in Books, what caused the Lang File to go all wonky on its Entries. I just removed the Lang Support for Books to fix it.

• Biome : Extreme Hills
    Issue : Heating up a Steel Crucible
    Tried with : Steel and Lead Burning Boxes
    Problem : It turns into Lava

I haz no idea what's going wrong, if the burning box will continue heating up the thing for ever, etc..
    After carrefuly reading a book, it seems that I need to turn off the heat source. The only solution is to put charcoal one by one until it's reached the temperature, but does this react to a redstone signal ?

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nexey_ ().

• Have you read the Manual for the Smelting Crucible? You know, one of those blue Books with a Bronze Emblem on it? The Burning Box will heat up the Crucible until it runs out of Fuel.

The best is to put 16 Units of Material into the Crucible and then starting to heat up the thing to melt the Material with the PRECISE amount of Fuel needed to melt it, so that the Bruning Box goes out in the right moment.

And no, there is no Redstone Signal thing.

• @Grag Just saw your comment, that's what I'm doing atm, I've successfuly ran through stack of flint and tinder managed to process 4 bronze ingots by putting charcoal one by one inside the burning box, and as I'm writing this, I put 16 bronze dusts and 8 charcoal inside and I'm waiting.

• About the Smelting Crucible
    i didnt found any info about ho much mass the crucible has itself is there a extra book for this the "Smelting Crucible Manual" dont give any info about it.

• I'm using 2 crucibles atm and 4 ingot shapes per crucible (I'm putting the charcoal inside with the IC2 item buffer, I'll replace it with a vanilla dropper to put in precise amounts of charcoal), and I throw 16 bronze dusts inside the crucible. I than put 9 charcoal inside the buffer and it'll place them into the burning box for me. I light it up and than I repeat this process with the second crucible, while waiting just a little bit.
    The crucibles will heat up until they reach ~ 1450K, and by the time it goes over 1357 you should be already pouring bronze inside the casts. Make sure to empty them as quickly as possible by hand while wearing a Hazmat Suit. Than, the second crucible will hit the 1357 point, meaning you can cast more bronze.

This has been tested with Steel Burning Boxes and Steel Crucibles, as well as Steel Molds. Putting a hopper that feeds the crucible is a bad idea as it'll reset the heat to 277K each time. And I've only tried with bronze, I'll try making some invar. Edit : We can't make invar yet.

• it doesnt reset to 277K, it evenly distributes the Heat from the Hot Stuff (Crucible and Content) to the new Stuff which is at environmental Temperature.

Thus reseting the temperature of the crucible to 277K. Seriously, you've just explained what reset means. :p
    Btw, we can craft IC2 machines. I've discovered this bug a few hours ago, but now my Qchestplate is charging and my Mass Fabricator running, so you may check if it's a bug on your side or a bug on the server side.
    We can also make integrated circuits with a screwdriver and a circuit material book.
    (Using GT .32)

• No you cannot make those Circuits from Books. NEI fools you.

The Temperature Reset is more of a Bug, because it should actually balance instead of forgetting the weight of the Crucible when a new thing gets inserted. Inserting new Stuff does not waste Energy in the next Version so Hoppers are usable.

Also with a Monkey Wrench you can set the Mold to automatically take input from the clicked Side. And a Hopper below the Mold can pull out the metal once it is below a certain temperature. And instead of hazmat you should just only insert the amount of Material you wanna smelt.

• Ah Yeah I know the informations concerning the hopper and the monkey wrench, but right now I'm doing it manually since I can't legitimately get a monkey wrench, and it would need more precise control over my fuel to have my crucible waiting 4 molds on 4 hoppers getting cold enough to process the next ingots / plates / casings. I would either need to wait that it lights off and than light it back (I have a Damascus Steel Flint and Tinder so it's no longer a problem), or I can use the manual route which is more convenient. At least I'll enable the auto input option on my molds, but I'm not sure if I'll use the hoppers until there's a proper way to exhaust the excess heat.

• The proper way to exhaust the excess heat is either waiting or throwing more Material into the Crucible. And the Molds are supposed to have a Cooldown time, even though you can circumvent it with a Hazmat, what is intended too.

The real proper way of mass production would be an electric Heater which can be regulated to only emit heat when the Thermometer says so via Redstone.

And one last thing. You can only have 3 Hoppers below the 4 Molds, because one Hopper would need to be placed in front of the Burning Box, which requires Air in front of it to work, unless you make a Netherportal thingy.

• Well throwing more material could work if it wasn't resetting to 277K. I'll try again

• This sounds very confusing! I look forward to figuring it all out.

Also I didn't see, but any plans for bauxite crucibles and such? Since it's a bitch to melt IRL and very, very heat resistant (poor conductivity) it's used IRL for high temperature smelting.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.